[DAO:22734cd] Stream Dcl 20 hours minimum a week with events and extra content

by 0x5985eb4a8e0e1f7bca9cc0d7ae81c2943fb205bd (Matey)

Should the following $4,800 grant in the Social Media Content category be approved?

Abstract

Decentraland needs someone always online, especially a cool native English speaking geezer like me. I am willing and eager to create a fun environment for the average player and this will allow me to focus on that for 3 months.
My bingo nights were a hit and my community presents with the gamers is known and enjoyed.

Grant size

4,800 USD in DAI

Project duration

3 months

Beneficiary address

0x5F39898b429050836C271c7d9e4EEf9bb24c8eB8

Email address

helpimstreaming@gmail.com

Description

• Stream Decentraland 20 hours a week minimum
  • Host Bingo night 2 times a month with $100+ of wearables to win (Does not add to the 20 hour minimum)
  • Create other spontaneous gamified events
  • Always be a familiar face for new and existing users ready to gift wearables and share knowledge
  • Post relevant content online promoting
  • Keep spreadsheet of stream and event metrics
  • Be Decentralands UK community kingpin

I don’t expect this to pass but I can not focus on being here without this (boohoo me)
In an ideal world it would be 40 hours a week for 6 months to a year with loads of events and content but I would like to ease in with this, not because I don’t believe in it but the majority of DAO voters don’t believe in anything that isn’t proposed by their chums.

Roadmap and milestones

Every month:

• Stream minimum of 20 hours
  • Keep spreadsheet of stream and event metrics
  • Bingo night 2 times a month with decent wearable prizes
  • Post relevant content

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Author is Helpimstreaming aka Matey

Voting Yes - I’ve seen Helpimstreaming be active through streams (one of the few active streamers for DCL these days), has been hosting events the last few months and been engaging on social media. I’m proud to see him show up in DCL even during this slow time. The amount is very reasonable and I like the idea of the bingo event. I look forward to how you grow your UK base and the feedback from users who partake in your events.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

IMG_0727

2 Likes

1 Like

Seems legit and reasonable.

I’m voting yes and do expect a kickback visit to weeed farm robbery to demo the game play if not full laser tag v1.7 best of 3 gameplay battle.

And yet, pretty much everyone voted NO on this so I am so curious around what you will write about:

Remove the location 0,0 from the Points of Interest (decentraland.org)

Sorry, but I am not going to accept the DAO paying anyone who isn’t positive for growth. We all know the negatives, and I have been too, but I would I appreciate someone to trying to grow because they still believe and try.

The inside joke with that POI removal is that injester put one up to remove frankys tavern and I copy pastad his sentence. I focus on entertainment and I believe when dao participators could all fit in one room, this sort of entertainment based prop is great for the participation metrics. It also starts a deeper underline conversation. It is all in the aim of growing dcl but I can understand why it isn’t someone else’s way of doing things.

Setting aside the borderline jokes, memes, and other elements that I’m not a fan of, this seems far more reasonable than previous proposals…

Good luck!

Stream Dcl 20 hours minimum a week with events and extra content

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 54% 6,101,723 VP (39 votes)
  • No 45% 5,104,991 VP (26 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 13,543 VP (4 votes)

Stream Dcl 20 hours minimum a week with events and extra content

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)

Vesting Contract Addresses: 0x5524c71e31d27962a25292d1b40dee050117399f

As we disscued with the grantee in our last meeting we will pause this last step a couple of week until the grantee can keep up with goals that has been delayed for a personal matter.

Therefore, we recommend that the DAO Committee (@HPrivakos @Tobik @rizk) to pause this vesting contract before May 1th.

We will coordinated a meeting with the grantee in 2 weeks to review the status of the project.

Thanks
FIFI

Done Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan

With the final bingo being tomorrow and the final updates done I would love an un-pause as once again I am funding bingo prizes from my own pocket.

1 Like

Glad to hear meme legend! Hope everything is fine now! :grin: :+1:

when new memes will arrive ?)

Internet people now say won’t be until after the 20th. Because of this I have bought communal wifi which is 100x better than my phone but its just an extra expense. At least we are back on track to finish off the last week of streams powered by the dao.

memes pending… been way too busy to meme dcl xD

1 Like

Hi DAO Committee (@HPrivakos, @Tobik, @rizk),

I’m reaching out to confirm this vesting contract can be unpaused.Today we reviewed the completion of their bingo series and the amount of hours to reach their goals about the streams are so low. Grantee delivered proper metrics.

Thanks for your attention