[DAO:52896c0] Should the user be able to change the case of their NAME?

by 0x1b35f4d22b2c8bc706bcfcc383a1ca77fb4fc600 (punkpink)

When you register a NAME it appears with the uppercase and lowercase letters that the user selected at the time of registration, however it can be disappointing for a user or brand who, having registered their NAME with uppercase or lowercase, wants to change these uppercase to lowercase and vice versa, since that user might want the capitalization or lowercase to match your brand.

At a general level the difference may be irrelevant but it can be a big difference in terms of brand image, and believe me when I tell you that there are companies that really see that as important.

Example: Someone might want their name “firstnamelastname” to appear as “FirstnameLastname”, or a company that has registered “companynft” might be very concerned about not being able to show it as “CompanyNFT”.

I understand that NAMES, being an NFT, cannot be modified in the blockchain, but an implementation could be made so that it can be seen both in the world and on all Decentraland sites.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Would it be able to restrict changes to only changing the case of the letters of names owned? Or would it be change how your name appears in DCL in general

1 Like

The idea is that the letters chosen by the owner appear everywhere on the platform, nothing changes in the blockchain if that is what you mean.

Although technically inverted, the idea is purely natural and useful.

Should the user be able to change the case of their NAME?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
  • No 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

Should the user be able to change the case of their NAME?

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)