[DAO:4d6d3c4] Published Worlds Different Surrounds Options

by 0xbc02db030361121dd43bbb2fcbcb4f9f98c1dc7d (Ambassador)

Currently all published Worlds display blank squared brownish tiles, which are a real eyesore. Builder app is most suitable to fix this issue right before publishing, I am thinking if we had an option to change the surrounds this would be really helpful & useful.

Happy to hear what others have to say.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

1 Like

That would be great, also thought about that.

1 Like

Thank you, I recently started recording short videos and realised how important the surroundings are.

1 Like

An easy Yes on this and very much needed. For those who voted No, I’m keen to know why. Other ‘siloed’ metaverse platforms have a very pretty surrounding and if we are keen to be better, this is one of the things that should be executed.

2 Likes

I think not only the brownish, but also the entire sky texture need to be able to customized

2 Likes

New Skybox feature is already being worked on, there will be options for hell, snowy, forest etc… :grinning:

1 Like

em, i see, thats better, at least gonna add some flexibility to replace the current cartoonish environment. Since they realise this point, i guess fully customization of SKY box is not far away right?

I was thinking it would be nice to have a default build that would have a welcome message for each DCL name. That way a new owner of a a name/world would already have something deployed. It’s easier to get someone from zero to one when the world has a “there” there.

Published Worlds Different Surrounds Options

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 47% 1,666,095 VP (75 votes)
  • No 52% 1,850,860 VP (29 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 1,133 VP (3 votes)

Sad to see this proposal fail. I don’t understand why HP voted no, because I’ve mentioned about this to him previously and he said it was a good idea & he could apply this feature on his servers. Yet votes NO on it. What an idiot he is.

Published Worlds Different Surrounds Options

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)