[DAO:4235511] Vroomway Continuation - Race and Earn

Hey Folks, I think 240k is too much at current situation, i will vote Yes for smaller grant.

3 Likes

Congrats on your achievements!

I do have a question related to your core staff budget . On your proposal this will be 10k per month for your team for the duration of the grant ( in addition to all expenses).

Can you explain in more detail what this core staff payment covers that differed from other expenses ( developing, wearables, marketing , pr , management Ect) ?

Thanks

3 Likes

Comparing with other games that have received 240k grants (Wilderness, WonderMine, DiceMasters), I think activity in their games before requesting grant was much higher compared to Wroomway.
I have rarely seen Wroomway in popular places.

The team has some very awesome, talanted people, but I canā€™t vote ā€˜yesā€™ just because of that.

Also as I understand from the proposal a lot of the money ($73,400 Phase 1) would go to just refactoring.
From the rest of the 2 phases community would only get two new features - new games modes (Drag Racing and Grand Prix) and mini-games. 240k for that is a lot.

I would vote yes for a smaller grant - 120k and 10% of the revenue back to the DAO

4 Likes

Voted yes, the rate of improvement and updates since release is quite impressive. They have a great and creative team, wearables are great. love jumping into vroomway and challenge for the leaderboard, love the competitiveness for me its going to be one of the best race to earn in DCL.

3 Likes

Thank you for your input @TheCryptoTengu . The reason you may see names repeated in proposals is because they are talented individuals and their skills are desired. There is no conflict of interest, and most core membersā€™ other obligations have been completed.

Weā€™ve kept our team because it ensures consistency in deliverables. This does not mean we have not had roster shifts. Some of the names that were on our original proposal have been replaced. Weā€™ve worked with other companies such as LowPolyModels for our videos and vehicle animations. Weā€™ve also worked with community members such as SRJH, as well as community DJā€™s which will occur every week starting this Friday.

Our team is comprised of the best, and is not a crowdsourced format. But I definitely appreciate the inclusion in your sentiment. I hope that as we gain traction, you will consider supporting.

2 Likes

Thank you @SugarClub for taking the time to consider our proposal. Staff payment covers the time dedicated by Nikki, CK, and myself. This covers weekly meetings, as well as all daily tasks executed by the core staff. With the rate increase from $1,500/mo to $3,000/mo, we will be doubling our time dedicated to full-time from the minimum requirement of 10 hours per week.

There are other members in this community who receive the same amount or more for their daily/full-time activity here and I do not believe itā€™s an unreasonable amount for full-time work. Core team functions differ from game development mostly because admin tasks are a consistent rate, but dev tasks vary in complexity and cost and must be invoiced accordingly.

1 Like

Already supporting :vulcan_salute:t3:

2 Likes

@Shiny
Thank you for your input. Vroomway has an average of 50DAU, but the gameplay model is not a grindy model that supports constant on-parcel activity. All of our players come onto the parcel, spend their FUEL in 20 minutes or less, and then go onto other game experiences. This is the model we chose and itā€™ll take longer for us to have enough consistent 20 minute players to fill up the top spots board. DAU and concurrent users are completely different KPIā€™s and concurrent users is not a direct indicator of our success at this time.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, Could you also provide more details on roadmap? In proposal it is described very vaguely and roadmap link is not working. Budget breakdown is also very vaguely described - marketing, core staff, vehicle integration.

2 Likes

Cool. My suggestion is to make it clear and spell it out in your budget In order to avoid any confusion.

3 Likes

OOPS! Thank you for pointing that out. Fixing the broken link right now and will elaborate shortly.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply @web3nit ! We understand that $240k is a lot of money, but for a full year of development, we believe this is more than reasonable. Read the rest of my following replies for more information.

@SugarClub Thanks for chiming in! Good to see you! Right now, Doc, ck, and I are paid $1,500 a month for our contribution to the project. For myself with the number of hours I devote to this, Iā€™m getting paid roughly $8.50 an hour to operate Vroomway. I take care of all the QA and SDK deployments. I manage every area of the project to ensure all deadlines are being kept and support other roles as needed. Out of the 6 scenes we have, I have modeled, textured, and decorated 5 of them in addition to every circuit map. Along with creating, modeling, and texturing 7 out of the 9 NPCs we have. All 21 vehicles as well. During this first program, I was with Neocyber step by step learning and absorbing everything that was being made so that I could later assist with more of the SDK. Iā€™m at that point now where Iā€™m helping code the more simple things. The cross-game collabs we have planned are managed and overseen by myself. All communications and meetings for Grant Support Squad and DAO-related things are handled mostly by me with some assistance from ck. All this to say Iā€™ve devoted my career to this project. I no longer work full-time at my ā€œday jobā€. In fact, in the last 2 months, Iā€™ve logged maybe 4-5 hours total there. Doc and CK work on this part-time because they both too have day jobs. Doc is at the land (along with ck and me most days) every single day at our reset time racing with our racers. Managing our discord and being the voice for the community to the development team. ck owns our social media. Right now we are only posting regularly on Twitter. But we all know that nobody really grows on one platform. So we need to expand to other platforms which require more content. We know that in any situation if people are not compensated for their work, burnout is real. We are devoted to Vroomway and the vision we have for it. That requires full-time attention. Doki is commissioned per series of wearables we do. That being said, we are increasing the compensation for the 3 core positions so that we can be compensated more standardly while also being able to increase our attention and commitment to it. While also hiring an administrative assistant to help support everyoneā€™s role so we can all focus on our lanes more efficiently. Neocyber is not paid on a stipend because as Doc mentioned, development work is varied in complexity and cost per task. Neocbyer has built 85% of this game with part-time efforts. We have had a few step up and assist with some of the more complex situations. We want to hire a support developer to aid Neocyber in the next phases.

@Shiny Appreciate the feedback! Regarding Phase 1, no, itā€™s not just refactoring but I can see how you would draw that conclusion reading through just that information. Refactoring is a very minor part of that phase. Sorry about the link not working. Here is a new link: VW Grant 2 - Road Map - Google Presentasjoner

Phase 1 will include the following:

• Early infrastructure refactor 25 hours
  • Demo Derby refactor 35 hours
  • Missions/Quests 25 hours
  • Integrate 3/4 hard-coded KPI 54 hours
  • Game mode upgrades SS, DD, FC 25 hours
  • 3 Circuit maps 20 hours
  • Upgrading Scrapyard 25 hours
  • Mini-game 25 hours
  • 9 new vehicles/skins 35 hours
  • Drage Racing game mode 60 hours
  • 1 collab vehicle 5 hours
  • UI enhancement 15 hours
  • 12 events 40 hours
  • Competitive season 2 15 hours

Phase 2 will include the following:

• Peer to Peer transactions 30 hours
  • Grand Prix game mode 50 hours
  • 3 circuit maps 20 hours
  • New Solo Sprint track 35 hours
  • NAME Plates 35 hours
  • Integrate 4/4 hard-coded KPI 20 hours
  • 3 new vehicles/skins 15 hours
  • Competitive season 3 15 hours
  • 12 events 40 hours
  • Crafting upgrade 20 hours
  • Player custom tracks 80 hours
  • New Demo Derby map 20 hours

Phase 3 will include the following:

• 6 circuit maps 40 hours
  • 12 new vehicles/skins 45 hours
  • New Demo Derby Map 20 hours
  • Competitive seasons 4 & 5 30 hours
  • 24 events 80 hours
  • Mini-game 2 15 hours

Please feel free to ask any more questions you may have. We understand this is a big project with a lot of variables that can be difficult to understand through just a document. Please utilize the play link with some friends and really get our experience first hand. :pray:

6 Likes

Already got 60k, voting no.
Projects should be self sustainable after a grant, the DAO cannot continuously fund all the P2Es.

7 Likes

So I really enjoy what Vroomway is doing and think they made a ton of progress. I am more concerned with the amount of money of the grant. I am holding off on voting for now.

3 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears: :smiling_face_with_tear: :ok_man:t3: spare some change HP

3 Likes

Hi @HPrivakos, the proposed grant is not a requirement for self sufficiency, as our infrastructure grant has already created monetization. This is an expansion grant, so that the team and game can expand to provide a more complex and enjoyable DCL experience. It is a grant that will fast track important developments that our community has requested.

Here are the ways that our first infrastructure grant has monetized the project:

• Sponsorships with events
  • FUEL purchasing in-game
  • Secondary wearable royalties
  • Special Collab vehicles

Here are our monetization goals for our final grant:

• Paid advertising on race tracks. We will have a total of 17 tracks that can be advertised on
  • Consistent events for more sponsorship opportunities
  • More features to increase desired playtime which results in more FUEL purchases
  • Scale user base to result in more FUEL purchases
  • Sponsored vehicles
  • External VC opportunities (ie. car brands or other corporate sponsorships)
  • Custom KPIā€™s for better quality advertising
  • More content for advertising opportunities and improved UX/playability/support for streamers

Thank you for reading. Your enforcement of DAO protection is a staple in our community and I appreciate and respect your intentions.

2 Likes

Easy yes for me, Nikki and her team have created a unique experience which deserves more time and support to reach itā€™s potential! They continue to deliver on milestones and create what they intend to. Great job showing metrics and looking forward to seeing where they reach next!

2 Likes

Happy to support this project and the Vroom team. Theyā€™ve accomplished a lot with their small first grant. We know it takes more than that to make a game and a game business sustainable. Iā€™d like to see what they can do with some serious support like this.

2 Likes

Yes yes yes :raised_hands:
Well deserved for every single talented individual on this proposal.

2 Likes

After viewing gameplay video, We decided to vote yes, the amount of work that has been put into this project is really great and we donā€™t want workers like this to be rejected! We really hope that your proposals get approved!

3 Likes