by 0x56469159d91eb810dce34dd13ec4ed8194bca7be (iNikki)
Should the following Tier 5: up to $120,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Gaming category be approved?
Vroomway is a racing game where players race and collect resources to craft their dual utility NFT. Our NFTs double as Skins and Vehicles. Players can race, craft, and upgrade completely free. We have a 4x4 estate that houses 6 different interactive instanced scenes. That’s a total 1,536 square meters packed with unique experiences.
Vroomway’s mission is to provide a safe haven for vehicle lovers and racers of all kinds. We aim to provide a dynamic variety of experiences for both solo play and cooperative play. Start your laps today and earn your very own Metaverse Vehicle!
Play Link: Decentraland
Game Trailer: Vroomway Trailer
Vroomway tells the story of a future where machines and human consciousness are one. A world created by machines for everyone to enjoy. Vroomway is the space station that bridges worlds all over the galaxy to Planeta Volo. This means the Planet of Speed in Latin. Vroomway provides the bridge to the future of what is possible. To inspire hope and encourage everyone to live in the moment and enjoy all the fun experiences life has to offer.
Vroomway is managed by a core team of 3 with our lead developer handling the infrastructure and back end. We have a community manager that is in charge of engaging our community on discord and in-game. Our community manager also helps onboard new players and provides community events to keep the core engaged. Our marketing person handles the social media accounts, and partner relationships and ideates/execute our marketing strategies. Our Project Manager manages and executes our business direction and project vision. They lead the game development process and 3D artwork development.
Vroomway has seen a gradual increase in our analytics since launching our Grand Opening on October 1st, 2022. Currently, we are seeing an average of 50 daily active users. Some days we peak at 150 while other days we valley at 43. On a monthly basis, we are seeing over 3700 sessions from our players. We expect to triple our Daily Active users over the next 3 months by fully utilizing our Social Friday experiences, consistent game releases, and upcoming partner collaborations. We plan to release a brand new Fuego Circuits track every month, and brand new vehicles and attributes often.
- Revenue has been generated each month from in-game purchases, wearable royalties, and build commissions. We have given 5% of those revenues back to the DAO total of $152.40 USDC over 3 months.
- NFT floor prices rising as high as 750% on some vehicles.
- Players have already earned 224 mana from crafting 7 of the 12 new skins/vehicles. The highest floor is currently 60 mana.
- Twitter account nearing 600 followers.
- Fully integrated 21 NFT-based vehicles with full functionality.
- Two additional non-vehicle NFT-based wearables with full functionality.
- Established a new sponsor: The Holy Ones to our 3 existing sponsors.
- Created 3 Game Modes: Solo-Sprint, Demo Derby, and Fuego Circuits.
- Created 5 different game tracks.
- Integrated 9 different collectible resources and a robust crafting system.
- Built an interactive club with Dance and Earn utility with live events and unique musical entertainment.
- Held 3 different parties to celebrate the launch of each stage of the game with a DJ performance, and community giveaways - One for Alpha, Beta, and the launch.
- Including performances by our own Nikki Fuego in Drag, bringing more Drag culture to Decentraland.
- Organized 9 giveaways, of Beta wings, vehicles, and in-game rewards.
- We started a 10-week tournament where we pick 1 winner with the fastest Solo-Sprint time and awarded 10 MANA. In our first 4 weeks, we have had 175 participants!
- Started our weekly events with LIVE entertainment and giveaways. (In week 4 as of writing this)
Gameplay Promo: Gameplay Promo 2022
To get Vroomway to the next level we will need additional resources. We have an extremely unique setup with our instancing and require some outside skillsets to elevate parts of our infrastructure. Our integration with the Infinity Engine was a huge accomplishment and enhanced Vroomway’s original vision tenfold. We learned a lot with that integration and it has sparked even more innovation on how to develop this going forward. We would like to both upgrade and enhance the current game modes, but also release some community-suggested game modes that we believe will put Vroomway above par with previous racing games in the web3 industry. This new budget also allows the majority of our team to give more full-time attention to the project.
We have generated revenue consistently over 4 months and have generated revenue this month (November) as well.
Our game generated over 2,500 MANA sales in wearables (primary and secondary combined). In addition, our players purchased 452 MANA worth of FUEL in-game.
It’s worth noting that since the beginning of our first grant we vowed to pay 5% of our revenue generated each month back to the DAO until the grant is paid back. We are keeping that vow with this grant as well. We have already shown good faith in this with 4 consecutive months of giving 5% back totaling $155~. Although a small amount, it shows that we can create revenue and eventually pay back the grants in full.
Budget Breakdown & Road Map:
Marketing: $19,800 - 6 months
Personnel: $54,000 - 6 months
Development: $43,000 - 6 months
Unexpected/Cushion: $3,200 - 6 months
We have revised the previous budget to exclude 50% of the personnel cost, $30k in development cost, and 50% of the previous marketing budget.
Nikki Fuego - Founder, Project Manager, Lead 3D Artist:
Neocyber - Lead Developer:
DOCTORdripp - Community Manager:
ckbubbles - Marketing, PR, Event Coordinator:
Doki - 3D Wearables:
Roadmap and milestones
We believe we can achieve the goals mentioned above with 3 phases:
January 2023 & February 2023
Phase 1 - Refactor & Upgrade:
We plan to refactor some of our earliest infrastructure for better scene performance. We will also refactor our Demo Derby Game Mode as this has been the most difficult hurdle we have faced. We want to redesign the game mode with better technology. We will upgrade our other game modes and the gathering profession to provide variety in difficulty and experiences. We will also add in-game coin sinks with these upgrades.
March 2023 & April 2023
Phase - New Game Modes and Player Ownership Value:
Players have heavily requested two new game modes that are Drag Racing and a new version of our Grand Prix that was held in April of 2022. Drag Racing would be a linear sprint utilizing the infinity engine. It would be a point a to point b sprint with gear-shifting mechanics integrated.
The Grand Prix game mode would be an event every 6 months that supports up to 20 racers racing in an Indie 500-style race.
May 2023 & June 2023
Phase 3 - Player Economy and Ownership Value:
We believe that the players are the most important part of our game aside from the fun factor. With this in mind, we want to always provide value both in the economy and the time spent in-game. We would like to introduce new ways to earn via mini-games that add more value to the main game modes.
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO