[DAO:4235511] Vroomway Continuation - Race and Earn

Thanks for your reply @web3nit ! We understand that $240k is a lot of money, but for a full year of development, we believe this is more than reasonable. Read the rest of my following replies for more information.

@SugarClub Thanks for chiming in! Good to see you! Right now, Doc, ck, and I are paid $1,500 a month for our contribution to the project. For myself with the number of hours I devote to this, I’m getting paid roughly $8.50 an hour to operate Vroomway. I take care of all the QA and SDK deployments. I manage every area of the project to ensure all deadlines are being kept and support other roles as needed. Out of the 6 scenes we have, I have modeled, textured, and decorated 5 of them in addition to every circuit map. Along with creating, modeling, and texturing 7 out of the 9 NPCs we have. All 21 vehicles as well. During this first program, I was with Neocyber step by step learning and absorbing everything that was being made so that I could later assist with more of the SDK. I’m at that point now where I’m helping code the more simple things. The cross-game collabs we have planned are managed and overseen by myself. All communications and meetings for Grant Support Squad and DAO-related things are handled mostly by me with some assistance from ck. All this to say I’ve devoted my career to this project. I no longer work full-time at my “day job”. In fact, in the last 2 months, I’ve logged maybe 4-5 hours total there. Doc and CK work on this part-time because they both too have day jobs. Doc is at the land (along with ck and me most days) every single day at our reset time racing with our racers. Managing our discord and being the voice for the community to the development team. ck owns our social media. Right now we are only posting regularly on Twitter. But we all know that nobody really grows on one platform. So we need to expand to other platforms which require more content. We know that in any situation if people are not compensated for their work, burnout is real. We are devoted to Vroomway and the vision we have for it. That requires full-time attention. Doki is commissioned per series of wearables we do. That being said, we are increasing the compensation for the 3 core positions so that we can be compensated more standardly while also being able to increase our attention and commitment to it. While also hiring an administrative assistant to help support everyone’s role so we can all focus on our lanes more efficiently. Neocyber is not paid on a stipend because as Doc mentioned, development work is varied in complexity and cost per task. Neocbyer has built 85% of this game with part-time efforts. We have had a few step up and assist with some of the more complex situations. We want to hire a support developer to aid Neocyber in the next phases.

@Shiny Appreciate the feedback! Regarding Phase 1, no, it’s not just refactoring but I can see how you would draw that conclusion reading through just that information. Refactoring is a very minor part of that phase. Sorry about the link not working. Here is a new link: VW Grant 2 - Road Map - Google Presentasjoner

Phase 1 will include the following:

• Early infrastructure refactor 25 hours
  • Demo Derby refactor 35 hours
  • Missions/Quests 25 hours
  • Integrate 3/4 hard-coded KPI 54 hours
  • Game mode upgrades SS, DD, FC 25 hours
  • 3 Circuit maps 20 hours
  • Upgrading Scrapyard 25 hours
  • Mini-game 25 hours
  • 9 new vehicles/skins 35 hours
  • Drage Racing game mode 60 hours
  • 1 collab vehicle 5 hours
  • UI enhancement 15 hours
  • 12 events 40 hours
  • Competitive season 2 15 hours

Phase 2 will include the following:

• Peer to Peer transactions 30 hours
  • Grand Prix game mode 50 hours
  • 3 circuit maps 20 hours
  • New Solo Sprint track 35 hours
  • NAME Plates 35 hours
  • Integrate 4/4 hard-coded KPI 20 hours
  • 3 new vehicles/skins 15 hours
  • Competitive season 3 15 hours
  • 12 events 40 hours
  • Crafting upgrade 20 hours
  • Player custom tracks 80 hours
  • New Demo Derby map 20 hours

Phase 3 will include the following:

• 6 circuit maps 40 hours
  • 12 new vehicles/skins 45 hours
  • New Demo Derby Map 20 hours
  • Competitive seasons 4 & 5 30 hours
  • 24 events 80 hours
  • Mini-game 2 15 hours

Please feel free to ask any more questions you may have. We understand this is a big project with a lot of variables that can be difficult to understand through just a document. Please utilize the play link with some friends and really get our experience first hand. :pray:

6 Likes