by 0x6de1ac36fd4c11af0fbeab1dd12c4fecbbabd8c1 (INTELLIGENCE)
Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Gaming category be approved?
Temple is Free-To-Play, Play-to-Earn combat game with quests and other skills that help player boost the combat capability.
It is deployed on 36 lands located at -69,30 and has >1700 unique players that have already joined to enjoy available activities:
- Become a farmer that grows and harvests food which can be used as health and energy regenerator or sold for in-game currency
- Challenge combat trainer to close combat
- Defeat forest monster and rescue the villager
- Complete quests and get wearable reward
- Food consumption (healing)
- XP & Skill leveling
- Close Combat (Attack & Block)
- Quests with wearable reward
- Wearable utility
Temple is a combat based game with multiple quests and other skills that can be leveled up and allow players to prepare for the quest completion and boost their combat capability.
Here is gameplay video : https://twitter.com/MetaTempleGame/status/1575930730571763712
How to play video :
Party floor video :
Player state in Temple is already saved and players can already plant their garden, leave and when they come back harvest what has already grown, the same goes for the xp and levels that player has gained, everything is saved.
Additionally to the already mentioned farming mechanic that allows growing food for healing and earning in-game currency the plan is to also develop other activities such as fishing as another skill that is a food source, mining and woodcutting for resource gathering that can be used for weapon and wearable crafting and also for earning in-game currency.
As for the combat mechanics the plan is to optimize and expand existing close combat mechanics with more gear options and also develop long range combat skills such as archery and magic abilities.
These and many more mechanics will be added to temple game for everyone to enjoy, giving players the ability to choose from multiple skills the favorite activity to do and level up.
Also parties, can’t forget about those, we know that Decentraland community loves to dance.
Our goal is to develop a place where the Decentraland community could come and enjoy together metaverse role playing game with various skills and game mechanics where everyone could find their favorite activity to enjoy featuring both passive skills like gardening, fishing, mining, woodcutting and active combat skills like Melee fighting, Archery, Magic that can be used in areas where enemy npc’s are spawned or in multiplayer player vs player experiences and quests that require players to complete different tasks that provide amazing rewards.
It is intended for temple game to feature both single-player and multiplayer experiences, the main focus in the beginning will be to fully develop single-player part of the game with all the mentioned skills and mechanics and then release multiplayer player vs player experiences.
Go to Decentraland coordinates -69,30 to experience the already deployed Temple game farming and after harvesting lots of food you can go and enjoy close combat quests.
In the tent next to warrior merchant npc with sword and shield it is possible to already try on the basic combat gear sword and shield that players will be able to purchase for in-game currency, that will help illustrate what it will be like when players would have already crafted their basic combat gear or would be wearing their earned wearable that have combat utility.
If you are up for a real challenge then you can try rescuing the villager that was captured by the evil forest beast. Our goal is to release multiple quests like this as weekly and monthly events for players to enjoy and receive rewards from.
Currently the project is in its early Alpha stage and to be complete we will optimize existing code, do load testing and bug fixes, work on improving security infrastructure and data persistence, redesign UI, build new and improve existing 3D assets, expand existing gardening skill and melee combat mechanics, add enemy npc spawning areas where single-player combat farming will take place, add new skills like fishing, mining, woodchopping, crafting, archery and magic, release wearables with utility that provide players with combat capability like boosted attack, defense and health skills and other wearables that will have ability to boost other skills like farming when the player is wearing that wearable, add markets for trading resources gathered from mining and woodchopping.
To make the Temple enjoyable to players the focus will be to create lots of interactive quests that can be completed in the main single-player area and quests that completely transform the lands by toggling multiple different scenes on the same parcels that will achieve the effect of sending players on the adventure quests to battle new enemy npc’s and explore new environments with beautiful scenery.
After the single player skill mechanics are well optimized then first multiplayer experiences, where players can duel each other to find out which one is the best, will be released.
3rd place Decentraland Game Jam 2022 Winners have joined forces together with some of the best wearable creators such as Doki and Baris to bring the community the next generation of Decentraland Gaming Experience.
- INTELLIGENCE - Back-End engineer - https://twitter.com/ai_avatars
- Frequency - Front-End engineer, UI and 3D asset creator - https://twitter.com/in_frequency
- Doki - 3D asset creator - https://twitter.com/Doki3D
- Baris - 3D asset creator - https://twitter.com/MetaMaymo
We are also open to the possibility of onboarding more Decentraland creators as the time goes on and we contact more talented builders from the community
Project progress updates are available in https://twitter.com/MetaTempleGame
Our goal is to release multiple emotes and at least 30 wearables that would have in-game utility and would be used for crafting skill and as rewards for completing quests.
- 3D asset creation and animation fees (both wearables and scene assets) - $19000
- Back-end enginering - $17500
- Frontend enginering - $16000
- UI/UX design - $1000
- Events, DJ costs, Community gaming competitions - $500
- Website creation, metaverse keyword SEO, promotional material for twitter, twitch, youtube, tiktok- $700
- Server maintainance - $750
Temple emotes and wearables will be listed on Decentraland marketplace for premium price and give players ability to gain the utility by directly buying the wearable, all of those funds will be used to publish even more new utility wearables
Roadmap and milestones
- Month 1 - redesign UI and add functionality for level display & how-to play guide, code optimizations, load testing, improving security infrastructure and data persistence, expand existing gardening skill with new seeds, a shovel to speed up digging and fertilizer for bigger harvests, optimize melee combat mechanics, player FPV, add xp gain for metabolism, energy, health, attack, defense, create party floor area
- Month 2 - add wearable utility that will boost attack, defense, energy and health for the player, add fishing skill, add enemy npc spawning areas for single-player combat farming, add 2nd single-player area quest, leaderboard
- Month 3 - add wearable utility that will boost farming, fishing and mining skills, add mining and miner market, launch wearable crafting for gathered resources, add 3rd single-player area quest
- Month 4 - add woodchopping skills and woodchopper market, release new crafting wearables, add 4th quest that transforms the lands by toggling multiple different scenes on the same parcels to explore new environments and new enemy npc’s.
- Month 5 - release first player vs player multiplayer experience
- Month 6 - add magic combat skill, 5th single-player area quest
- Month 7 - expand multiplayer mechanics, add archery combat skill, add 6th quest that transforms the lands by toggling multiple different scenes on the same parcels to explore new environments and new enemy npc’s.
Singleplayer quests will be toggled between each other weekly
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO