[DAO:cf2860c] Duel Arena P2E; 2D Battle game

by 0xed0e0cb94f60f72ec94bef848f5df4cbd365af1d (DuelArena)

Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Gaming category be approved?

Abstract

Welcome to the 3th Proposal of Duel Arena written by InJesterr & Burragan

Since September Duel arena is building a 2D NFT Open world RPG.

The game will run on a server hosted by us through amazon and deployed into Decentraland if this grant passes, The game will be playable through monitors on a parcel that way we could expand the open world game as much as we like.

We started with a small grant building the fundamentals of this game, including a team, a demo & 2D Assets. We got financed by InJesterr, Kaan & Burak who at the time already had an idea to create game.

We are now seeking for a $60,000 grant to expand our game & express our ambitions.

We recommend you to visit for the full content: Grant | Duel Arena P2E

Grant size

60,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0xed0E0cb94F60F72ec94beF848f5dF4Cbd365aF1D

Email address

info@duelarenap2e.com

Description

What is Duel Arena P2E

Duel Arena is a open world game where you will be able to play with your own character, you can choose from 4 great nations, Fire, Water, Air & Earth. Each nation will start with 2 characters which is going to be 1 female character & 1 male character.

Your character will always spawn in the hub where you have 4 core teleports each teleport leading you to a different nation, each nation has its own challenges to accomplish.

You will be able to explore the nation, dual AI bots & players. A duelling match will be strategic based, almost like a chess board. In the duelling instance you will be able to use certain NFT skills which are purchasable through the store but don’t worry you will have the basics to start the game with.

Specification

Why do we need this grant?

We started up this project with our own funds, our input was estimated around 45,000$ and are still living of this credit. This start-up helped us build a demo game, website, web market & a gameplay paper.

We haven’t seen a game in DCL yet with unlimited power to expand since all of the projects are limited with lands & scenes. We are going to change this with our tech building monitors in a 2x2 Parcel where the game will be playable on for each individual.

It would be possible for us to build this game independently from Decentraland, but we intend to grow together, we want our players to be able to interact with the game through the MetaVerse. This would help us get more players and it will help Decentraland to be the MetaVerse with this enjoyable game.

The reason why we need this grant is because we need to build the game adjusted to DCL & separated from our Unity Engine. This will require a 4x4 Parcel, 3D Assets, SDK programming, Marketing, Strategy & Time.

Building the game
We are building the game mainly in Unity engine, Photoshop, Blender & SDK. On our weblink you will be able to see all of our progress, Gameplay paper, update changelog & expense calculations we have made so far.

We keep updates for the game mainly on:

How is the Grant going to be spend?

We have a nice written documentation of our expenses written on our website, showing our initial expenses with & without DCL.

Personnel

Personnel

1. Burak Ucar Management
  2. InJesterr Management
  3. Emselada & InJesterr Graphical designer
  4. Dilara Community manager
  5. Ghuskh & Philip Game Developer
  6. Kaan Aydin Web Developer
  7. Furkan, Oguzhan, Michael, Kaan & Dilara Moderator

Lead & Management (1 & 2) Burak & InJesterr are needed to guide the team somewhere, we come up with the idea’s, holding finance and working materials. https://nl.linkedin.com/in/burak-ucar-898b8b133

Graphical designers (3) InJesterr & Emselada Drawing artist https://www.instagram.com/emselada\_/

Community manager (4) InJesterr Maintaining community by doing events, helping the moderator to function properly.

Game developer (5) Ghushkh & Philip are both independent game developers, they are both necessary for this project since 1 works with the 3D game development & the other with 2D Game development. Filip | Profile | Fiverr

Web developer (6) Kaan is a skilled web developer who was ready contributing us a domain name, webmail, web build & even webserver for free. https://k-e-aydin.com/

Moderators (7) They keep everyone in the game & community chats satisfied, they moderate our social accounts and keep an eye on e-mails.

Roadmap and milestones

You will be able to see all our progress through: Grant | Duel Arena P2E we do have a meeting every sunday at 17:00 UTC+2 and will update the page at least at 21:00 UTC+2 after the meeting.

On this site you will be able to read our gameplay paper, expenses, view our progress & check out our demo (only playable to developers and early beta testers).

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Graphical designers (3) InJesterr & Emselada Drawing artist https://www.instagram.com/emselada_/
Resubmitting Emselada’s link.

It is an yes for me. I have ask you many question over the last few weeks. You have answered everyone of them to my satisfaction. I also know you and your team have been working hard on this project. The new video shows a lot of progress from the first one I saw six weeks ago. I can see how this game will bring new users to DCL with your expertise and persence on social media platfroms.

1 Like

def Yes. massive improvement from last time this was pitched. thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @OldGuy it means alot to the team :heart:

So nice & honorable to the see the one and only @AaronLeupp in our comments with a postive reply we really appreciate it❤️

I trust Old Guy, I trust InJesterr! I say Build away!!! Hope we can see what you continue to create and ways you continue to improve here InJesterr!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @KevinOnEarth I know you are doing the same for this verse thats so it means alot to me when you agree with the proposal :heart:

Is there a version of the game that can be privately deployed in Decentraland right now? I see the concept video, but am having trouble visualizing this in Decentraland. I am curious to see a basic version of the code or blueprint. Lately, many game proposals have come after a product has been deployed and has shown success, with many incurring the cost on their own prior to receiving funds (Exodus, Soul Magic, Butterfly Prawn for some time).

As a non-gamer, what elements can I expect to see, and how does it differ from what is currently in Decentraland?

Also, given the upcoming SDK7 changes coming, how has the team started to prepare for this?

I am going to abstain on voting on this game proposal for now.

1 Like

Hey @maryana great to see you in the comments asking these critical question, so right now we are developing this game privately and intend to finish the game developing for any browser, the DCL development will begin once we have an answer from the DCL community.

So there are two possible scenario’s here which are:
DCL votes no: We will continue with our own funds and finish the game on our own browser, clients & servers.
DCL votes yes: When this happens we will start developing this game still in browser and make the user interface completely clickable and controlable with the mouse button, we will import monitors to a certain parcel where each user can login and play using their MetaMask.

[Q]: As a non-gamer, what elements can I expect to see, and how does it differ from what is currently in Decentraland?
[A] Well we haven’t seen a good 2D PVP MMORPG in DCL yet, making the turned based battle system with skills makes it very enhanced as a game and does require more Tactical skill then just having the FPS game skill. You can sit chill and play relaxed just like you would do with chess.

For your last question about the SDK7:
We are very well prepared for this new SDK, not only prepared but also in need of it for a better online synchronization experience, the new SDK7 will make it even easier for us to build further and better.
in the mentioned Q1 2023 on the blog we read about being able to start develop locally. At this point we are closely following the Github given at the blog to not face any unexpected surprises!

Our hopes are to work with Decentraland but only together with the community we can make this happen.

Duel Arena P2E; 2D Battle game

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 11% 200,462 VP (39 votes)
  • No 89% 1,613,888 VP (39 votes)