Open Call for Delegates / Apply now!

I know @friskybumblebee would make great use of VP if delegated! Best of luck my man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really appreciate those kind words brother! * high fives *

1 Like

@ginoct Hi there, sorry to bother you, my profile on my delegation page is actually Frank/Fancy’s profile. I was hoping I could get it updated? Thank you!

2 Likes

Any update on this? Are new delegates still being accepted?

2 Likes

Mr Dhingia
Address or ENS name: mrdhingia.eth; 0x447C9058bE5c164e0c4aae380381e7A5215052D4

Short Bio (280 characters max): Hello, I’m Mr. Dhingia! I am a builder here in Decentraland since November 2021. Since then, I have designed 20+ custom builds for various projects and individuals. I have a club in Decentraland and have hosted various events. I also stay engaged in the community through supporting many events.

Relevant links:

Discord MrDhingia#6908

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MrDhingia

Website www.mrdhingia.com

Here are a few of my works

My relevant skills (comma-separated values or tags):

3D Modeling, 3D Design, Video Editing, Graphic Design, Event Management, Social Media, Wearable Creator, SDK (Basic)

(How long have you been involved? How did you contribute?)

My involvement with Decentraland:

I have been involved in Decentraland since November 2021. As stated above, I have worked with various individuals and projects in Decentraland to design custom builds. I have gifted a few of my builds to individuals who are contributing to the community. In my earlier DCL days, I helped many individuals with social media graphics, banners and videos, helping them launch and market their brands. I also help provide meaningful, ad-hoc feedback where I can and as I experience or come across many builds. For example, I have provided build feedback to users I come across at their parcel (i.e. collider issues, spawn locations, better use of materials/space). Additionally, I hosted multiple events at the Dhingia Club (144,-148) including an event for the Brazilian Community, and wearable launch parties. I have been actively engaging in the Decentraland community including attending events, providing wearables to the Decentraland Twitch Streamers for giveaways, attending Twitter Spaces, engaging in multiple Discord servers, and assisting with 3D modeling/design advice. I also provided a space for the Decentraland creator community to create videos/photos with a green screen near my club and has served many individuals so far. I have also created various content on my social media to help bring awareness to Decentraland.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

I would like to contribute to the DAO to help support individuals and projects with unique ideas that will bring more creativity into Decentraland or projects that will improve the user experience. I also want to help ensure that DAO funds are being properly distributed to individuals within the grant proposals with a reputable track record, and individuals active in Decentraland. It is also important that these grant recipients stay active and continue to build before, during, and after their proposal is granted.

Since I have designed multiple builds,I am able to have an understanding of the scope of work mentioned in these builder-related grants.

I also want to help bring more diversity to Decentraland and ensure that a diverse mix of grant types are being properly passed (i.e. content creation, improvements to SDK, data analysis, etc). It is important that the right ideas are being brought into Decentraland, but also important to analyze whether enough funds have already been distributed to a “type” of idea already.

(What kind of changes do you want to promote in the DAO? What’s important to you?)

My 5-year vision for Decentraland:

My personal goal here in Decentraland as a 3D builder is to design as many builds/active scenes which bring value and retain users in Decentraland. I want to see more land parcels be developed so users don’t see empty parcels. An ideal Decentraland would be to see as minimal grass as possible. I want to help provide my services to dedicated creators/individuals currently active or coming into the space bringing value. I see the value of retaining our most creative users and want to help keep Decentraland growing through their work.

In terms of Decentraland, I would love to see millions of active users engaging in the space, but also having a great user experience via unique events, games, and other experiences. This includes ensuring more users are able to access the space (i.e. mobile, desktop, VR), but making sure these experiences are flawless (minimal server issues, computer lag or audio issues, etc).

So far, I love seeing how global Decentraland has become, connecting people from multiple countries in the world. I want to see more countries and more communities evolve in this space as a way to express their ideas, culture, and thoughts. For example, I am based in India and would love to see more of my community here.

(What do you want to see? What is the role of the DAO in it?)

What do you think is the most important issue in Decentraland?

To me, marketing Decentraland is one of the most important factors and an issue currently. I want to see more advertisements of what Decentraland is, what events are here, what brands are coming in on various social platforms or mediums (i.e. Web2 Social Media, newspapers, TV ads, radio shows, web3 platforms, etc), as this is important to show users what is being done here. I feel like Decentraland has built an amazing portfolio of brands, builds, and unique experiences that have not been fully marketed to its potential.

I also want to see more presence in future conferences surrounding emerging tech, Web3, metaverse, and VR. Ultimately, the goal is to get more users aware of the metaverse, but also be provided with the most resources to be educated about utilizing the platform. With Decentraland being backed by MANA, it is important to educate non-crypto users how the platform works with cryptocurrency. Additionally, educating those who may not fully understand the capabilities and importance of the metaverse in the current digital age.

In the coming months, more metaverses are going to be created, which will increase competition for Decentraland. We, as a platform, will have to make our best efforts to keep users engaged and retained in Decentraland through many experiences/IT innovations/ smooth DCL functionality. Interoperability will also be a huge factor and how we communicate/network with other metaverses to bring more communities to Decentraland.

7 Likes

Address or ENS name:
0x05060Fa97e54a812d1E15cEc6c34e79f74eBD0b3
DCL name: MetaDoge
Short Bio (280 characters max):
I’ve been in Decentraland for about 2 years, I am largely involved in the development of Decentraland, and I sometimes will help new builders as much as possible in the discord channel. I also started Meta Live Studio back at the start of 2020. Most of our works were done in Decentraland, our most unique work is MetaGamiMall, a future metaverse mall in Decentraland.
Relevant links:
https://twitter.com/MetaGamiMall
https://twitter.com/Metalivestudio
https://metalivestudio.com/

Metaverse Urban Design and Architecture design
Graphic Design
3D modelling

I spent nearly most of my time on Decentraland. I kept building things and holding events in Decentralnad. Feel free to check our work, especially MetaGamiMall, 146,60. Also, I kept providing help for the modelling-type developer and want to do more in the future as I believe there will be more need on this side, and there is not enough support for them.

I have a decent understanding of Decentraland as a project, and I got those experience from building and exploring thus I believe I can provide some useful opinions regards to DAO proposals, and I am willing to get more engaged with the community.

Personally, I think Decentraland will be one of the biggest WEB3 metaverses in 5 years. And it has a great potential to be the biggest one. It will have exciting activities all the time, lots of traffic of course, and a place to celebrate the spirit of Decentralisation. And DAO is one of the biggest factors in how Decentraland can be Decentralised. DAO will be the future form of decision-making group, all for the future of Decentraland. Also, it’s a way for everyone who speaks their voice. Of course, you need to do something to make your voice loud, but at least everyone can speak about their idea equally. And this leads to a better form of community, collective decision making, and collective building.

I see 3 evident issues for now. First, the threshold for development is too high as one of the biggest metaverse in web3. If we cannot let everyone can create things, then the project cannot expand on a great scale. The good news is DCL team is aware of this and wants to change this with the help of SDK7. Second, the total experience of DCL is not quite ideal, from the webpage design to the world laggy issue, we need to make DCL more professional, and luckily, DCL is aware of this issue as well and started to change it. Third, the DAO needs a better form of rules and ways to execute the rules. Now that we can see DAO is working, but we all know there are too many things to improve here, i,e the centralisation of votes and media rights in a small group of people’s hands, and sometimes, I would smell politics here. However, I think it will have a good future and really looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Address or ENS name:

szjanko.eth

My name is Szilard Janko (SzJanko), I am a professional underwater photo and videographer. Have been involved with blockchain tech since 2017, also minted my first NFT in 2017 and was part of DCL since the original land sales. Currently, I am building The Ocean Meta to onboard the ocean community into the metaverse.

Relevant links:

Discord- szjanko#0001
Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/szjanko/
Website- https://www.szjanko.com/
Twitter- https://twitter.com/SzilardJanko
The Ocean Meta Website- https://www.theoceanmeta.com/

-Photography and videography (with featured work on Discovery Channels Shark Week, National Geographic, and many other publications)

-Photoshop, Premiere, Blender

-Social Media Management/Marketing/Growth

I have been involved with Decentraland since the initial land sale (the Terraform Event back in 2017). I invested in both land and the museum district. Originally I had a gallery built on my original land that I bought during the auction. Since then we have moved the gallery to my brothers land, where we are using it to build The Ocean Meta project. Our current goal with The Ocean Meta project is to onboard the ocean community to Decentraland, everything from the underwater world to surfing. We have a combined following between The Ocean Meta team of over 190,000 people that are interested in ocean related content. We plan to start onboarding these people once Instagram rolls out the full NFT features it has planned with Ethereum and Polygon integration. Until that time, we are focusing on building and contributing to Decentralands development.

I have personally invested in multiple projects in Decentraland and with The Ocean Meta project, we have been showcasing ocean related art, have used it to host ocean themed gallery and educational learn 2 earn events, with many future events coming. Along with multiple collaborating events with Decentral Games, Snarky Sharkz, Dice Masters, B-Verse, Vroomway and other DCL projects.

I want to contribute more time to helping the development of Decentraland by participating in governance and proposal discussions. I want to see Decentraland stay in the lead of other metaverse projects, both because I am building my project, The Ocean Meta, here and because Decentraland offers a truly decentralized version of the metaverse vision. I think it is very important that we ensure that the decentralized metaverse is the one that will gain mainstream adoption. Having 5+ years of experience in investing and researching in the cryptocurrency/blockchain field, I think I have gained valuable knowledge that will help with Decentralands governance and proposal discussions/votes.

My 5 year vision for Decentraland is to see it grow into the main metaverse platform that hosts a variety of content, from gaming, entertainment and educational builds. To see it become interoperable with multiple other metaverse platforms, both with decentralized and with private/centralized built platform. Allow users to move seamlessly with one account between all of these worlds. This also includes a web, client, and VR version of Decentralized that is capable of running high graphics, with low lag, and the ability to handles hundreds-of-thousands of users at a time.

The most important issue for Decentraland is to create a feature rich base layer that makes it both easy and highly customizable for developers to build to the limits of their imagination. This base layer has to remain decentralized and open to multiple metaverses to eventually become interoperable with Decentraland. By creating a platform that opens up the limits of what is possible to be built here, it will attract the developers needed to create amazing gaming, entertainment and educational experiences here. The users / mainstream will come, once the platform is ready.

6 Likes

Address or ENS name:

0x1E93E534C5E26B01Ed242410b43AE23dD0fAA52b

Short Bio:

My name is Luke, I’m 29, and I live in the US, but I go by ile on discord and twitter. My expertise is in architectural and 3D spatial design. I lead the Varc (virtual architecture) District and am doing ongoing research into how organizing Land with channels allows users to get more use out of their Land.

Relevant links:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/eellillee

Github: iillee (Luke Escobar) · GitHub

Sketchfab: VARC District (@varchitecture) - Sketchfab

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU3IqLu5GeAPYHTuvfj5neQ

Masters Thesis on Organizing Space with Channels in Metaverse Environments: ToggleState.On_ThesisDocument.pdf - Google Drive

My relevant skills:

Traditional architectural education and training,

3D modeling (Rhino, Sketchup, Blender),

Self taught SDK Developer

I’ve been involved with Decentraland since 2017 before the ICO and land auctions. I originally posted the idea for an architecture district on github and five other individuals agreed and contributed Land to the 19 parcel Varc District. Today I am the only fully active member of the district and use the land for experiments with the SDK and architectural form.

I recently graduated with my masters in architecture where I did thesis research on the benefits of using channels to organize space in decentraland (see link above). Basically, channels allow landowners to take full advantage of their parcel’s square footage and polygon budget by reusing both infinitely. Also using channels to organize space informs a new style or architecture that is novel and unique and goes beyond copying IRL architectural tradition and form.

I check DCL discords regularly, answer questions about building and workflow when I can, and try to experiment with the SDK and building new scenes daily. I’m fairly active in the DAO and generally support proposals having to do with content creation or improving the platform and governance system.

This application is in response to recent discussion on VP distribution and whale votes. I think our voting system needs to evolve beyond Mana = VP in the long term, but the best short term counter to whale power is an active and passionate coalition of voters with VP.

This might be unfeasible or incompatible with how DCL is set up, but I see Decentraland evolving into a world of worlds. Where Genesis city becomes sort of a directory and each parcel of Land is a gate/link to privately hosted decentraland environments similar to how realms work today.

I think one of the largest problems with Decentraland is its barrier of entry and accessibility. I worry that as other metaverse platforms mature, many new users will overlook Decentraland because it is too expensive and decide to use other more centralized platforms because they are free to build in. I’d like to see some sort of Freemium model for new users in Decentraland where every avatar is automatically given an out of world tutorial scene that they can experiment with and invite people to before buying Land in Genesis City.

Another large issue with the platform is its lack of methods of interaction between avatars. Right now users can’t really do more than text or voice chat in world. I’d like to see functions like trading NFT’s, delegating VP, delegating Land operator rights, and voting in the DAO, all become actions avatars can easily do in world. This, I think, will move a lot of community activity off of 2D apps like the DAO page, discord, and the marketplace, and into Decentraland.

7 Likes

We are still yet to hit the bottom of the bear market and really see some economic problems that will effect us all in the space and investors. Preparing to have resources to sustain in the period of the down time and to look into a form marketing to provide as a form of support to the DAO and Foundation. Development of cross platform and multiverse experiences will be much more in demand and will be vital to the growth and expansion of web3/metaverses. A form of proof as well to those issued grants for approved proposals should provide a X amount of time from the date funds granted to provide proof of use of funds and proof of project advancements.

3 Likes

I would vote for Canessa to be a delegator, her approach is well reasoned and based on sound priciples of community being the fabric of Decentraland’s platform, in terms of a roadmap we need to have innovationand horizon scanning at the core to assimilate opensource and emergig tecnologies. this will help keep the platform and its community relevant and interoperable in the face of Metaverse competition. We need to maintain integrety of the land but i agree we need to provide access to land that is a low or in some cases zero cost as barier to entry in exchange for visionary building and innovation that will benefit everybody and decentraland.

3 Likes

I would vote for maraoz.eth to be a delegator as the founder of OpenZeppelin which is the defacto standard for smart contract security he has a deep understanding of security in this space which will be essential, as DCL progresses further into cross chain support. He has also been a early contributer to Decentraland since it was a twinkle in the Dev teams eyes.

2 Likes

I would vote for Pablo to be a delgator as he is a ace programer, he is highly collaborative, helpful and has a long term strategic view and has a pragmatic approach to problem solving. Also he is a all round nice chap

1 Like

Hi all, here’s my submission!

Address or ENS name:

0x9188872aBC65Cee15184fB9975de6a13730BdC74

I write for magazines about Decentraland and digital fashion. I do a weekly newsletter around it, DCL Wearables Daily.

Relevant links:

My articles, newsletter, and socials are here: lenalisabona | Twitter, Instagram, Spotify | Linktree

Writing, editing, basic graphic design, community building, marketing, PR.

I joined Decentraland in February. Since then, I have started my weekly newsletter about the platform and its creators. In addition, I interview Decentraland people for such publications as Hackernoon, NFTPlazas, etc. I occasionally do Twitter space and interview creators live. I plan to contribute to more web2 and web3 magazines to write about the platform and its citizens.

I would love to be involved more in platform growth. I can bring my writing and publishing skills to help projects get their messages out there more simply and understandably. I also have my own online magazine (find it in my links), so I have experience creating content that can reach people without paid marketing. And have worked with top media outlets where I earned my media articles without paid promotions (Forbes, Guardian, TechRadar, you name it).

I want to see Decentraland in more clear and simple light communication-wise. There are so many great things that people don’t know about at the moment because it’s hard to find or gather all information. I believe Decentraland will scale its content and messaging in more detailedly: every great event deserves the spotlight in the media. And I do believe that DAO must help creators who will carry that flag.

Without the technical details, I think the biggest challenge is gathering information all over the place. As a writer, I gather information from all over the place: chats, Twitter, newsletters, Discord, etc. It’s messy and not reliable and often very complicated to read. The media don’t get the chance to be the first to know what will happen next in Decentraland. The media wants to be the first to write about it, and it’s usually too late for the story when the party is tomorrow.

6 Likes

This is impressive wow :star_struck: :hushed:. I did enjoy your session btw and sorry if I came up and spoke a bit much. I can talk a lot sometimes lol :joy:. Can we speak more on an idea I’d like to include you in sometime when you have time. Hope your off to a great start today and wishing you all the best. Cheers :clinking_glasses:

Delegate Application
Address or ENS nam

Potradamus.eth

I am Potradamus I have resided in Decentraland since June, 2021. I spend an average, roughly around, 8-16 Hours per day and participate in a majority of the events and games within this space. I have promoted or sponsored events for Gallery187 and enjoy exploring Decentraland.

Relevant links:

Discord: Potradamus.eth#4570
Twitter, @Potradamus

My relevant skills:

Senior Systems Network Engineer A+,Net+,Net+Linux, MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
Bachelors of Computer Science
Assoc. of Network Engineering
Life Long Video Gamer with much experience in social gaming platforms such as Second Life, Nebula, Cryptovoxels, Sandbox…ect.
I also engage with Crypto day trading on various chains with various coins so i have a working knowledge of hot&cold wallets, ledgers, smart contracts, and how LPs and staking works.

I am Holy Ones, Meta trekkers, TRU, Sugar club NFT holder. Games I participate in on a regular basis is WildernessP2E, Wonder Zone, Ice Poker, Dice Masters, Vroomway, and many of the parkours to name a few. I consider myself more of a community supporter then anything else and try my best to attend events and support as many artists and creators i can. I vote in the DAO regularly and try to participate as much as possible I believe this makes me a good candidate for VP.

I would like to have a bigger role in the shaping of DCL modeled in the Web3 space in the metaverse. This includes real decentralization, democratic voting, and a platform built by Web3 creators above the old models built around Web2. To help in the funding of promoting creators and builders for helping in the on-boarding of new daily users.

I would like to see a fun and safe place for users, along with builders and creators, help to mold and evolve a metaverse where everyone is accepted, and opportunities for equality and monetization becomes a reality in the ever growing Web3 space.

I personally think how the voting and who can participate, along with hidden votes should be a priority for the long term. In the short term I would just like to see a more robust and stable environment and the UI being a strong selling point to persuade and on-board new users.

8 Likes

Thank you for your support! No worries, this is what my Spaces is for - for you all to talk! I really was intrigued by your idea, let me know if you have any specifics about it and let’s talk! Cheers!

1 Like

Serenaelis.eth

Hi I’m Serena or You can call me Serena Elis. I love to create things from nothing and then make it into something beautiful. I am passionate about the world at large and want to share that through my work of art. I love cheeseburgers, fresh air, Traveling.

www.Serenaelis.com

https://twitter.com/serenaelis_

Singer, Real Estate,Sales, Meta-performer, 3D Artist/Design, Music Production

My involvement with Decentraland

I originally came across DCL through some coinbase tech friends back in 2017. I was an investor before dipping into Decentraland. I instantly fell in love when I entered the game Back in 2020. I immediately saw all the possibilities of what can be created, especially in a decentralized environment. After I invested, I decided to get a deed with Aetheria. It’s been about 3 years now as an active citizen in Decentraland. It all started with me Singing Live and also doing Yoga. As a twitch streamer, I figured I could do the same here, so since then I have collabed with brands within DCL to pursue my career but also provide value within the community. So far I have performed over 200 + shows in the Metaverse. I perform weekly and also contribute by creating experiences and expanding my skills of creativity. I onboard new artists with my plot so users can explore and also become creatives within this space. Blogging/Vlogging is another form I use to write articles within the Metaverse.

I want to Delegate because I feel like I can help with Solving Problems. As a user for the past 3 years now, I see a few issues that I have faced. Within every problem, there is a solution. With my background in sales, this was a skillset I had, and it can be applied here too so that can be an asset. I also feel I can be a great candidate to really represent Justice, Fairness, and also equality. I would also like to vote on proposals that would enhance but also support projects that have the right interest at heart for building strong foundations within Decentraland. It’s important to represent the voices of people who don’t have the courage to speak and I’d like to be that representation for them.

I most of all want to see Decentraland Succeed. I believe in DCL and I am Very Passionate about what I stand for and want to see it through to the end. 5 years from now I would like my career as a musician/artist, and in Production be at the top of my game but also to help other artists on their journey as well. Using my skill-sets, and creating a space for artists to feel safe. To be part of the change, for Artists having more control over their creativity financially and also creativity. Creating a space where they know they have the right resources for that.

I think the most important issue is having new users stay in the game. I think it can be quite intimidating to some users when going into an unfamiliar space. There feels like a bit of gatekeeping and lack of resources when it comes to building, SDK, and the financial backing to create within the space. Making it more accessible to everyone would be a huge game changer and limit the barrier to entry.

6 Likes

0x22ca65a6b15da45945e85949cf731d49ea52224b
METAHIKE#224b

Psychologist by education, 23 years of experience in advertising agencies/ brand and communication strategies. Always close to NGO’s, social communication, believing communication can improve people’s lives.

Relevant links:
Twitter.com/jacextudzinski
Instagram.com/jacextudzinski

Strategic thinking and visioning, acive listening, community moderation and mediation, public speaking

Online since Feb 22, a heavy user and follower, “natural DCL evangelist”
MANA maximalist, Forum member, DAO voter

I want to promote more involvement, discussion (drive engagement and understanding before rejection) and listening.

The go-to place for free time with friends and discovery. With today’s entry price (LAND) - it will have to be sponsored is some way. DCL is the place for branded entertainment and creator economy.

1. UX. “Cross platform is harder than cross-chain” - using DCL.exe is still a challenge an a huge area for improvement
  2. Adoption. Driving adoption is crucial. This will be driven by gameplay (making DCL more CPU-friendly), and marketing partnerships (it’s still the Web2 that drives Web3)
    (What challenges will we face in the next 12 to 24 months?)

Hello, My name is kevin and i go by Peterparker in the metaverse. I am interested in teaching people about this space and how to progress here and start building connections.

(A very brief description about yourself, e.g. a twitter bio)
I am learning ways to create space in the metaverse, Decentraland community member and supporter!
Relevant links:

(Discord, Twitter, Github, Instagram, Websites)
Twitch is my twitch channel where i stream DCL content
PeterparkerKev#5954 is my discord
https://twitter.com/PeterParkerKev is my twitter
https://opensea.io/PeterParker420 my opensea
0x57d1721F6223EB434e20F5b4A88e494008eA0542 ETH Address

Great community member based on real values, I will support ideas and proposals based on the merit of the value the will produce and what they will bring to the entire DCL community

(web3, programming, 3d modeling, community moderation, etc)
I can model on vox edit, i am learning some blender now, I am proficient in AutoCAD drafting and 3d design
I am very active in the space, I stream content and have given over 1000 wearables away. I would say I have over 4000 plus hours in game and appreciate the wide range of style, creativity and hard work the community put into there spaces! The great things DCL does as far as events is not comparable to other web3 games! its a great experience to be able to put time and effort and actually earn and be a part of it all! Now I have the DCL name PeterparkerWeb3.
(How long have you been involved? How did you contribute?)
I have been playing decentraland for a year now and i hold over 1200 wearables and having given away over 1000 wearables NFT for free. I have created 2 item in the market with some help of the community. Anyone who is new I will have them find me on twitter and i send they items so they will enjoy the game more and hopefully grow here.
I feel like I am a great person who will stand for DCL as a true member that cares about the entire game progression, I only want great things for everyone in this space!
(What kind of changes do you want to promote in the DAO? What’s important to you?)
I would like to promote more clarity on the DAO procress and get more invlomente from new players that may not have the money invested but will be here a long time and have them enjoy creating in DCL
I see DCL being on top of the web3 space and similar to a virtual facebook where people come to interact with friends and share experiences like playing games together, watching movies or music shows and meeting awesome people across the globe.
(What do you want to see? What is the role of the DAO in it?)
I would love to see more promotion, and focus on bring new players to show them all th egreat things dcl has to offer…so many changes in just the last few months I think we need more eys on what is happening here, more interaction.
Have a fair and balanced DAO that is based with active players that actually use the content provided so the game and space can grow.

(What challenges will we face in the next 12 to 24 months?)
I think the entire crypto market is struggling so that may be the hardest hurdle, but during this time i think its great to pull new players in that can afford to be involved at different levels. I am not rich by any means but i put a lot of what i have into the game and sometime I wonder if its not right for me because I dont really have a voice in a place i put most of my free time. I think showing new players the possibilities here and can really boost the users. DCl should to see the perspective from new players and people who may have questions. Thank you for any consideration and i welcome any discourse on what i can do to help, and if you would give me the honor of delegation of the VP.

1 Like

Address or ENS name:
1Existence.eth
AKA: Alan

I enjoy metatrekking across the metaverse meeting new people and exploring new civilizations. I co-host an art showcase event on Twitter Spaces and in Decentraland. I enjoy hearing how artists create and the inspirations behind them. I am in the U.S. and old enough to know better, not set in my ways, and open to hearing different perspectives.

Relevant links:
Twitter: @existentialnoho
Discord:1∑xistence#0817
Clubhouse: 1Existence
Unversed: 1Existence
OpenSea: https://opensea.io/account
Have an Instagram but do not use it

I have been on a #DAO board for a small gaming token on the WAX blockchain which lead to much research on how they work. I vote on #governance proposals on multiple #blockchains. OSMOSIS, STARZ, EVMOS, WAX, EOS, MATIC, HIVE.
I’ve challenged my self to learn creating #NFTs and have made a few small collections.
I am looking to learn #Blender and possibly some #coding.
Used #Canva to design my first #community-wearables

Degree/Credentials
Assoc. Degree in I.T. with some Marketing and Business Management.

I have only been in Decentraland a short time. Officially since around May 2022. I co-host and art showcase event at -69, 139 and have had the pleasure to speak with many talented creators. I have hosted Twitter Spaces for the Beattrekkers DJ Battles that have been a huge success. I have met many people from different places on the planet. One main way is the Universal Greetings Project in the Community Building Decentraland discord. This started as a personal project but led to something bigger. I would take photos of my avatar and numerous different people throughout DCL and they would translate “Welcome to Decentraland” to a foreign language. Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Greek, Arabic, Farsi, German, Norwegian, Finnish, Malay, Chinese, Japanese and more. I am also currently a part of a Rock Paper Scissors tournament event that will happen soon and next year be involved with an educational project and a Beattrekkers II.

To help make sure that all VP is being used to vote for important proposals whether they be a YES or NO. It will also give me a reason to talk with other community members about the various proposals put forth and learn more about the wants and needs of Decentraland.

I hope there can be less conflict amongst the community. There is far too much and is not productive. I incorporated the Nteasee symbol in my first wearable design for a reason. The symbol comes from Ghana and represents a community coming together to resolve conflict. There is too much focus on the things that ultimately don’t matter and things that need to be fixed should be brought into the spotlight. There will come a time that there will no longer be a foundation and how we can continue to grow and succeed as a community together is what is needed.

Interoperability has been another subject I hear much of, but little more than talked about. I would like to see efforts made towards this goal, if there are none already. There is a Metaverse Standards Forum that I would like to see DCL DAO work with to ensure we are not isolated.

In the next 12 -24 months we could face more turmoil in the crypto community. Safeguarding the peoples assets should be a focus. Promoting Wallet safety. Scams on Open Sea continue to be an issue. Cyberbullying should be addressed. Who does one go to if they are bullied. 3rd parties will need to be brought in to handle many tasks. Marketing, Devs, etc. A.I and V.R will open up new methods that we have not even thought of yet. Lots to do. Let’s build a better world, together.

Thank you,

AJB

6 Likes