Ennova recognizes the importance of community wear and how it can benefit business and organizations. As such, we would like to facilitate a global 6-month phygital merchandise marketing campaign via a phygital t-shirt design contest to further foster a sense of community among Decentraland (DCL) members and onboard new users. The winning design will be made into the official DCL phygital t-shirt and given away for free to DCL community members all over the world. We will also distribute the t-shirts at an in-real-life (IRL) event to share information about DCL and onboard new users as well as donate to students in tech programs. The winning design will also be converted into a limited-edition DCL wearable. By leveraging the power of community wear, Ennova will boost DCL’s brand recognition, create word-of-mouth advertising, and promote a greater sense of unity among the DCL community.
Ennova’s experience in web3, consulting, and professional services has helped us successfully assist individuals and businesses with their marketing and growth strategies as well as plan and facilitate phygital and web3 events. Ennova is well positioned and experienced to bring this project to fruition.
Given Decentraland’s position as a leading metaverse platform, it has immense potential to revolutionize the way we interact, socialize, and conduct business in the digital world. It is vital to invest in marketing strategies that promote growth, brand awareness, and user onboarding to fully realize this potential and remain competitive in this market. Sponsoring the Official 2023 Decentraland Phygital Merchandise Marketing Campaign, combining phygital t-shirts with embedded NFC technology, presents an innovative approach to addressing these objectives. Below are benefits this project will bring to Decentraland using the $119,400 requested:
1. Cost-effective Marketing:
Our Phygital Merchandise Marketing Campaign is an affordable and effective marketing strategy. Phygital t-shirts are cost effective and can be produced in large quantities, making it an accessible method to promote DCL worldwide. When people wear the Decentraland t-shirt in public, they will be walking billboards for the platform leading to word-of-mouth advertising and increased exposure for the brand. According to a BCG report, word-of-mouth marketing is up to 10 times more effective than paid ads. Furthermore, McKinsey & Co reported that the importance of word of mouth marketing is only likely to grow with Gen-Zers as 82% of them trust their family and friends for advice on products more than any other source. What better way to empower our community members to market and promote DCL than to give them a product they’d love to wear and leverage to encourage their friends, family, acquaintances, and colleagues to join DCL.
2. Enhanced Brand Recognition and Promotion:
We can significantly boost brand recognition by creating and distributing t-shirts featuring DCL’s logo and branding. According to a survey by Promotional Products Association International (PPAI), 85% of people remember the name of a company that gave them a promotional product. By offering these t-shirts to both existing and potential users, we can create a network of individuals who may feel further empowered to promote DCL, increasing its visibility and reach.
3. Innovative User Experience:
Incorporating NFC tag technology into the t-shirts offers users a seamless and interactive experience. Scanning the embedded NFC tag can instantly direct them to DCL’s website removing barriers to engagement and increasing the likelihood of onboarding new users. This innovative approach will not only attract attention but also demonstrate DCL’s commitment to cutting-edge technology and user experience.
4. Community Building and Engagement:
Our phygital t-shirt design contest will foster community involvement and pride, as members contribute their creative skills and participate in voting for the winning design. This sense of belonging can attract new users and lead to an increase of repeat DCL visits from current users. A study by Invesp found that engaged customers visit a website 2 times more often and spend 5 times longer on a website than non-engaged customers. Studies like this one suggest that when customers are engaged with a brand or website, they are more likely to spend more time on the website and make more purchases or take other desirable actions.
5. Offline and In-World Integration:
Our project bridges the gap between the digital and physical worlds by offering both virtual wearables in DCL and phygital t-shirts with NFC tag technology. This integration can generate interest from a wider audience and create additional buzz around the platform, showcasing DCL’s innovative approach to the metaverse experience.
6. Data Collection and Analytics:
The NFC tags provide valuable data on user engagement, such as the number of scans, time of interaction, etc. This information can be used to guide future promotional strategies.
In conclusion, Ennova’s phygital t-shirt project offers numerous benefits to the Decentraland platform, addressing the need for increased marketing efforts, user onboarding, and community engagement. By funding this project, we can elevate DCL’s brand awareness, showcase its commitment to innovation, and ultimately drive the platform’s growth in the competitive metaverse market. We look forward to obtaining the support from the Decentraland community to bring these benefits to fruition.
ROADMAP & MILESTONES
Ennova will complete this project in four (4) phases. We have provided the roadmap containing details about each phase below:
1. DCL Phygital T-shirt & Wearable Design Contest
- The design contest will be the first phase of the project where designers in Decentraland will compete to design the phygital t-shirt to be distributed globally.
- Decentraland community members will be eligible to participate as designers or developers to compete for the chance to be a designer or developer who brings the official 2023 Decentraland phygital t-shirt to life.
- The contest will be promoted through various channels, including social media, forums, etc. to encourage participation and engagement.
- The community will vote on their favorite submission and developer of choice on a specific date, time, and DCL venue via voting machines to determine the winning design and developer.
- The winners will be announced, and the first (1st) place design will be used for the phygital t-shirts to be distributed to the Decentraland community (e.g., members who participated in the design contest (e.g., voters, hosts, etc.), members of the Decentraland Foundation, etc.), attendees of the Ennova IRL event (i.e., to onboard new users), and students in coding or technical programs (i.e., to promote the platform to potential builders and creators). There will also be second and third place winners (i.e., runner up, and second runner up).
- The first place design will also be converted into a limited-edition DCL wearable by the developer chosen by the community. All three (3) winners will be awarded cash prizes for their designs. Please see the table labeled “Designer & Developer Cash Prizes” for prize details.
2. DCL Phygital T-shirt and Wearable Launch
Once the winning design is selected, the second phase of the project will begin, where the t-shirts will be manufactured and distributed.
The Ennova team will partner with a manufacturer to produce the t-shirts with the same design as the winning submission.
Ennova will link the embedded NFC tags in each of the phygital t-shirts to the Decentraland website in order for the owner to easily share the DCL site to others.
A distribution plan will be developed, and the t-shirts will be given away for free to Decentraland community members and during the Ennova IRL event.
The winning developer will be awarded the opportunity to develop the winning design into a wearable. They will also be awarded a cash prize. Please see the table labeled “Designer & Developer Cash Prizes” for prize details.
3. Ennova IRL Event
- The third phase of the project will be the Ennova IRL event to promote Decentraland and give away the phygital t-shirts to people in and outside the community.
- Ennova will partner with a tech/web3 leader to organize and host the event.
- The event will be promoted and shared to people in the Decentraland community and new members in order to onboard them to the platform.
- Ennova will share information about DCL, give away free t-shirts to attendees, and promote Decentraland to onboard new people to the platform.
4. DCL Phygital T-shirt Distribution
- Decide upon and create the t-shirt distribution list inclusive of the design contest participants, members of the Decentraland Foundation, attendees of the Ennova IRL event, and students in coding or technical programs.
- Reach out to the t-shirt recipients to collect delivery information such as method, address, etc.
- Oversee and manage logistics of receiving at least 800 t-shirts, including transportation, storage organization, and weekly deliveries, ensuring efficient distribution while handling the operational challenges involved.
- Ship t-shirts worldwide to the selected Decentraland community members and members of the Decentraland Foundation.
- Ship t-shirts to educational institutions and coding programs, as approved by DCL, to distribute t-shirts to students, promoting Decentraland as a platform for potential future builders and creators.
- Distribute t-shirts at the Ennova IRL event to attendees, promoting Decentraland and onboarding new members.
Table 1(a) - Designer & Developer Cash Prizes
Designer Cash Prizes
1st - $1,000
2nd - $500
3rd - $200
Developer Cash Prize
1st - $1,000
Julio Balbuena - CEO
- Julio has over a decade of experience working in professional services. He has helped companies and individuals with maximizing and managing their financial resources, executing on projects, and achieving their company goals both in web 2 and web 3. Julio will provide oversight and guidance to the team.
Melanie Girald - Operating Advisor
- Melanie has advised DCL brands on various initiatives and 11+ years of consulting experience. She is solutions-oriented and has a proven track record of successful project outcomes regardless of the scope of work.
Victor Severino - Logistics and Distribution Manager
- Victor is an expert in transportation and logistics. He will own the receipt of, storage, and delivery of all materials and products.
Ray Diaz- Project Manager
- Ricky is responsible for ensuring all project timelines and deliverables are met as well as highlighting any risks that may arise.
Ajay Chowdhury - Social Media Manager
- Ajay will create content to post and share details about the campaign throughout all phases of the project. He will be responsible for all facets of Ennova’s social media interactions.
Hairo Gonzalez - Graphic Designer
- Hairo will create all graphics for any content material for this project to be published on social media, publications, EventBrite invites, IRL event(s), marketing material for event invitees, etc.
Budget Breakdown (6 months)
1. Phygital (NFC Tags) Eco-friendly T-Shirts: $35,000
- 800 custom phygital t-shirts (includes NFC tags, design, printing, taxes, fees, & delivery): $32,000
- NFC tag activation, Quality Assurance (QA), & content synchronization: $3,000
2. Operational Costs: $32,500
- Execution Team: $18,500
- Project Manager: $3,000
- Social Media Manager: $3,000
- Graphic Designer: $4,000
- Other Expenses (e.g., software, licenses, etc.): $2,000
3. Administrative & Logistical Expenses: $19,500
- Shipping of Individual T-Shirts: $15,000
- Storage and Warehouse Fees: $2,500
- Legal and Accounting Fees: $1,000
- Contingency Fund: $1,000
4. IRL Event: $10,000
- IRL Event Tech/Web3 Leader: $2,500
- Venue: $2,500
- Catering: $1,500
- Staff: $1,000
- Decoration: $500
- Photographer: $500
- Videographer: $500
- Other expenses (e.g., tips, etc): $1,000
5. Digital Venue and Development Team: $6,500
- Digital Venue Rental (inclusive of voting machines): $1,500
- Support Team: $500
- Custom SDK Development (e.g., POAPs, voting machines, etc.): $4,500
6. Marketing: $6,000
- SEO Strategy & Execution: $2,000
- Brand Ambassadors: $2,000
- IRL Event Marketing Materials: $1,000
- IRL Event Ads:$1,000
7. Prizes for Designers & Developers - $3,200
- Designer Prizes
- 1st Place: $1,000
- 2nd Place: $500
- 3rd Place: $200
- Developer Prizes
- 1st Place: $1,000
- Other Expenses (e.g., transaction fees, etc.): $500
8. Article Publication: $2,500
- PR Coverage in top tech, business, or crypto publication
9. Streamers for Digital and IRL Events: $2,500
- Digital Event Streamer: $500
- IRL Event Streamer: $2,000
10. Phygital T-Shirt Contest Voting Event: $1,700
- DJ: $300
- Artist: $700
- Host: $200
- Other Expenses (e.g., transaction fees, etc.): $500
SPONSORSHIP-SPECIFIC GRANT DETAILS
Event type (Online - outside of the DCL ecosystem, Offline) - Offline
Please select the Event category (i.e. Conference, side event, community meetups, hackathon or other) - Other
Is this grant the primary source of funding for this event? - Yes
How many events are you planning to organize? - 2
How many people are you expecting to attend? - 100+
How is your audience relevant to Decentraland? - Our target audience consists of two groups: current DCL community members and new users that we plan to onboard. The current community members are crucial to our marketing strategy, as they have a deep understanding and appreciation of DCL, and are therefore uniquely positioned to spread the word about the platform and the phygital asset we are offering. By leveraging the enthusiasm and passion of our current community members, we aim to create a groundswell of excitement and interest around our phygital t-shirt, which will help to attract and engage new users.
At the same time, we recognize the importance of reaching out to new users and accelerating the rate of user growth on the platform. By targeting new users with the phygital t-shirt and other marketing initiatives, we can introduce them to the unique features and benefits of DCL and demonstrate why it is such an exciting and innovative platform. By engaging and retaining these new users, we can help to ensure the long-term success and sustainability of DCL, while also expanding its reach and impact.
How is the Decentraland brand going to be showcased? - To showcase the Decentraland brand, we will prominently feature the winning design with the Decentraland logo on the 800 phygital t-shirts that will be distributed globally. Additionally, the Decentraland logo will be used on all our marketing materials at the IRL event with 100+ invitees. This will create a consistent and cohesive brand identity, increase brand awareness, and promote the platform and its unique features.