[DAO: QmYqz4W] Generate some more wearables to give more free choice to anyone joining DCL

by 0xdd8e8b66613cb347cf2460f692894554836f76e9 (PolyMad#76e9)

Should the following Tier 1: up to $1,500 USD in MANA, one-time payment grant in the Content Creator category be approved?

Abstract

I would create a certain amount (to be decided and discussed together on the forum) of dresses, shoes, accessories so to give users more free variety in the choice of their avatar’s looks.

Grant size

1,500 USD

Beneficiary address

0xDD8E8B66613CB347CF2460f692894554836f76E9

Description

I am a 52 years old 3D modeler, with practically 30 years of modeling on the shoulders, with several years of experience in real time modeling for videogames.
I would extend the free assets library of DCL by several units (10-20, depending on complexity) in a couple of months.

Specification

I am an old 3DS Max user, recently passed to Blender, which I master quite well already.

Personnel

My team: it’s only me.

Roadmap and milestones

Couple of months for all the work.
I wouldn’t be working 8 hours per day on this, but on sparse days and hours.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I am only voting yes under the pretext that you are willing to add additional free assets into the DCL standard builder.

We don’t need anymore looks/wearables
Good luck

Why you say that we don’t need more free default assets?
I found myself only barely something that I liked… so I thought that even other people may find themselves a bit in discomfort when joining the metaverse.
Adding few more default assets won’t touch the wearables commerce, don’t worry.
I don’t even care if the commission goes to me or someone else, I just felt that the basic library is too… basic.
Just my opinion though.

Generate some more wearables to give more free choice to anyone joining DCL

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 3% 39,759 VP (23 votes)
  • No 30% 308,083 VP (8 votes)