The Atlas Corporation is proud to announce the completion of the DCL Wearables Analytics Dashboard application. This application was funded as a DAO Grant proposal at the end of last year in order to meet the challenge of calculating the secondary royalties due to creators as decided by a previous DAO proposal.
The dApplication can be found at: https://decentraland-wearables.eth.link/
The application code is open source and can be found here: atlas-corporation / Dcl Wearables Analytics · GitLab. For instructions on how to deploy locally or using docker, please refer to the README.md file included in the repository.
What we are delivering:
We delivered a hosted dApplication to view information on Decentraland wearables from a creator-centric point of view. Note that a “dApp” here means an application without need for a dedicated back-end, as all data is powered both by Decentraland’s content servers and the Decentraland Marketplace Graph.
Using the application, a user can…
• View information categorized by Wearable Collection, Wearable Creator, or Wearable Item
• View primary sales transactions and see the transaction hash, item name, date sold, buyer, and the price sold.
• View secondary sales transactions to understand the transaction hash, item name, date, seller, buyer, royalty due to creator, and type of transaction.
• View high-level analytics on number of creators, number of collections, and number of collections per creator.
As stated above, the application code is open source under an MIT software license.
How we built it:
We wanted to use this as an opportunity to bring new developers into Decentraland. Through the design and build of this project, we were able to provide two developers with no previous history in Decentraland an opportunity to learn about the decentralized data sources that power DCL and work with data about the builders and creators who call DCL home. While this may have delayed the dashboard’s release, we believe the tradeoff of introducing new devs to the ecosystem is worth it.
A few notes on the technologies used in the creation of this dApp:
• We opted to use React with Typescript over Angular/Angular Material. This was due to the skillsets of the devs used to build this app, and we also believe it makes the code a bit more accessible to newcomers.
• Tailwinds was used in lieu of bootstrap for a more modern graphical codebase.
• ENS was not implemented due to the potential strain it would cause on public blockchain nodes.
We welcome any contributions to the code, and are available to provide feedback to anyone looking to enhance it.
The DAO can reimburse the secondary royalty fees of all creators who had secondary sales in between Monday, September 6th 2021 (when the change in secondary sales proposal was passed) and Tuesday, December 14th (when the DCL Marketplace Contract was updated to automatically divert payments to wearables creators).
A list of all total due to each creator can be found here: https://atlascorp.mypinata.cloud/ipfs/QmTyvcJqbyJuGWmCpsvUEU19uQ6cb17bWgYBRjQC1aECBq/overview.csv
The same directory contains a list of individual sales that aggregate to the totals here: /ipfs/QmTyvcJqbyJuGWmCpsvUEU19uQ6cb17bWgYBRjQC1aECBq
The devs at Atlas Corp look forward to the next project that will add value to the Decentraland DAO. We want to thank the community for their ongoing support and encourage others to follow our lead in developing open source code for our growing community.