[DAO: QmX7hgs] I LOST MY PARCEL BECAUSE YOUR SOFTWARE CRASHED

by 0x254d53191807848d177887fa03a6dbf0a3d9dcaf (Cristian#dcaf)

Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Platform Contributor category be approved?

Abstract

I lost my parcel (1,147) because your system crashed yesterday when while I was updating the selling price of my land, from 9500 mana to 9000 mana.
I just want back my parcel or another parcel, and I want it asap! I paid 7000$ and i can’t loose it like this because the Decentraland software crashed!!
I hope to find a solution here, thanks.

Grant size

7,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x254D53191807848D177887Fa03A6DBf0a3D9DCAF

Description

I lost my parcel (1,147) because your system crashed yesterday when while I was updating the selling price of my land, from 9500 mana to 9000 mana.
I just want back my parcel or another parcel, and I want it asap! I paid 7000$ and i can’t loose it like this because the Decentraland software crashed!!

Specification

Personnel

Roadmap and milestones

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

For context, I just had a look:

Purchased land for 3,695 and sold for 9 mana. That’s actually super frustrating and I hope you get compensated. I’m voting yes since this is a terrible loss for anyone in the community and if the platform was at fault then as a community we should help the person at loss. :frowning:

4 Likes

Dont you have to sign a transaction of the final price. Im not understanding how the system failed. Please elaborate at what point did this happen. Dont you have to put the price in and sign with metamask?

2 Likes

I’m voting no.
This needs more proof that it is actually software issue, that could have resulted in 3 missing zeroes.
You have to type price two times to approve listing to be listed…
For all we know he might have sold it to himself and is trying to trick the community now or just did a big mistake and is looking for a way out…

3 Likes

thanks you for your support, I just want back my parcel or another one, because I believe the Decentraland metaverse will be one the best in the future.

I signed the transaction, but instead of updating the selling price to 9000 mana, he did it to 9 mana, and after 2 seconds the land was already sold … that’s absurd for a software like Decentraland’s, as does the people to trust again? I hope they will refund me as soon as possible.

U right, I wrote 2 times the updated selling price, but crasched! U tolding that I sold it to me to trick the community??? Are u serious? I spent around 7000$ to buy that parcel because I believe in the metaverse, anyway I’m an amateur on crypto, nft and metaverse, so why do a scam like this?? come on be serious bro

Initially I was thinking theres no point in lying about selling for 9mana to set up a proposal but totally good point. There is a two point metamask sign to sell your nft, is there anything you can supply that can help this @cristiandcaf ?

Maybe some time stamps so I can get a second opinion from a dev?

Even possibly more detail around the crash. Did your screen go blank, did you sign your metamask and it didn’t refresh, did you type one 9 and then something happened. I can’t imagine it automatically being posted to marketplace but there also needs to be room for empathy if it’s true.

I’m pretty sure you have to type the price twice and then also sign a transaction. If the client crashed it would just take you back to the marketplace.

2 Likes

When I put the new price(9000 not 9.000) the system ask the second time if the price was correct, so I wrote again 9000 and the system doesn’t work for 2-3 times, then the last time when I signed on metamask, the price changed automatically in 9 mana. Guys I’m not smart how to scam in this market, I just bought that parcel because I want start a new business in this kind of new market, cripto, nft and metaverse, and now I loose my land and 7000$… and also my confidence in these new markets. That’s all, I hope that the support can find a solution, anyway thanks for the support, maybe this situation will help everyone to review some gaps in the software.

1 Like

Sounds to me he had a pending metamask transaction he might not of signed. When he relogged to update the price he probably approved the first transaction that was a 9 before the 9000. The 9 registered and the 9000 never updated cause it never site linked. Or the 9000 was a second pending transaction and the first was handled before that and never made it to the 9000. Bad way to enter crypto and learn a hard lesson. Question is if you wanted to start a business and all that why were you messing and listing a price anyway? Morally conflicted on this one if anything he should be given floor price or equivalent for a parcel. Shame the buyer doesnt have a .eth or name so could try revert this. The buyers wallet has about 19k mana and couple other land nfts. heres his opensea https://opensea.io/0x49f33493FC3A774297dB62c8432DA2B9B81D2857

1 Like

I was able to recreate the issue in part* by writing 9.000, the confirmation box matches 9.000 even when it clearly parses it as 9.

The box should have a smarter parser, like banks, that try to automatically understand if the user is using the dot to separate thousands or decimals.

Dots and commas are used in different ways in different locations.
9.000 is nine thousand in some places, but just 9 in other places.

* I was unable to complete the listing, its stuck on authorizing the wearables contract. And I’m using a wearable on polygon for testing, not a land

Selección_360

4 Likes

If you list at the marketplace, does it list automatically on OpenSea?

2 Likes

I think so, yes (not sure if listed, or just shown)

Here is the sale transaction, and looks like is executed by a Decentraland contract: Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan

I’m voting Yes for the following reasons Changed my vote to No, 7000 USD is too far from the 3695 MANA value of the land (you can do a new proposal with a lower value):

• Looks like the issue can be recreated
  • It’s highly unlikely to be a scam, since is too risky to create an order with a low price
  • It’s unlikely that someone else will try to recreate this in the future, to take advantage from the DAO, since is too risky

The only issue (that may make me change my mind) is the grant amount, should be closest to 3695 MANA, right now 7000 USD is about 7000 MANA

3 Likes

yea id be willing to vote yes if he changes this to a mana amount in usd to a parcel. Still dont know why he was messing with prices to begin with tho. Should of left it alone, but if he really wants to build and create id like to support someone with that mind set and desire.

Hi, I wrote 7000$ because when I bought the land,3695 mana was 7500$, anyway I prefer to get back the parcel, not money, like i wrote in my first post. I ONLY WANT BACK MY PARCEL OR ANOTHER PARCEL, thats all.

Anyway I received a couple of email from Decentraland support, and none try to find a solution… they told me it’s my problem. They have a lot of land and none told me if I want a parcel instead of money.
I want my misadventure to be known also on social networks, since I have many influencer friends in Europe. I didn’t think a company like Decentraland would behave this way towards their users / customers. Anyway, since I lost this $ 7000 for a NOT MY mistake from their system, I think it is right that they also pay with their reputation then, which in this market I believe is everything.

Thanks @Eibriel , this is areally amazing work to find the right answer. So much appreciated ~

Hey @cristiandcaf , I agree this can be a good solution. When this is closed, maybe do a re-submission with the amount valued at 3695mana?
In a decentralised platform lead by community the only way to get refund or money from the dao is through the community so not too sure who you emailed. Maybe someone in the foundation???

1 Like

Hi, thanks for you info
I received email from support:
michael.miele@decentraland.intercom-mail.com