[DAO: Qmd7nd9] Urban Comedy Club

by 0x8ee2f6b685ae0fb220ed79e1c75c9da2ff16ce72

Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Platform Contributor category be approved?

Abstract

Buy or lease virtual & real estate. Showcase Comedy related NFT’s; providing opportunity for collectors to purchase. Create a space for comedy enthusiasts to enjoy Apollo, Comic View & Def Jam’s style of comedy. Host weekly shows and interactive open mics, inviting avatars to live out their dreams of being entertaining! My experience is 10 years in stand up comedy. Recurring hosting engagements for multiple years. Billboard’s are fairly inexpensive in my area of Dallas/Fort Worth/Austin. Our goal is to drive traffic to the Decentraland platform to create lasting positive memories. Comedians in my area incentive to contribute will be exposure and necessary hardware such as Oculus, mana to purchase within Decentraland.

Grant size

28,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x8EE2F6B685aE0fB220Ed79E1C75C9Da2Ff16ce72

Description

Stress relief is of top priority within our current world. Entertainment provides this relief. This will allow participants to have a familiar option for date nights or a night out on the town. While supporting the Decentraland community and platform. Comedians bring a crowd. Referring family & friends to come watch their craft . Increasing word of mouth campaigns that spread like California wildfires. Our style of comedy engages audiences and encourages interaction and communication during the event. We will introduce old games like duck duck goose with a comedic twist.

Specification

Land purchasing in Decentraland.

Personnel

Lance Davis - stand up comedian 10 years. Host of 4 years.

Roadmap and milestones

First 5 days acquisition of comedians currently on the open mic , headline circuit for comedy shows. First 30 days to buy/ lease land and dwelling to host events. Purchase billboards of Decentralands meta verse.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Buy a plot on your own pocket, hit me up and then we can build this for 1/100th of the cost. People are already 100% willing to stream from twitch at any venue they are invited to. We do not need a $60,000 grant for this.

Urban Comedy Club

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 424 VP (4 votes)
  • No 6% 121,485 VP (12 votes)