[DAO: Qmd7Eoj] At least 1 VP should be in the account to make a proposal

by 0x52f8d5518a05366989b3baad9c8e1129ca317fc7 (Tengu)

Imagine the amount of time and bs proposals and name bans we could cut down on if we made people have at least one vp in the account to make proposals. Almost like active and invested people who are a part of the eco system should be the ones to propose rule changes and items that effect it. 1 mana to show you care enough to actually invest in what you propose to effect.

• 1 vp should be required to make proposals
  • No vote power should be requited
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

I would like to see this consistent across all the categories in the DAO… currently the action to create a community poll is 100VP minimum but to make a grant or propose to ban a name is 0 VP ?

1 Like

The name bans is what got me man. I looked the accounts and its like some them created just to propose name bans with zero mana. Couple things urk me. I know its to each their own but use your name if you want to make a change. Using mules or number name accounts. Dont be a coward use your real account and names. Take your licks or victories in stride. If you look some people propose stuff on alts so they dont risk damage to thier name. They dont want the community to know who said it. Some also just mule this In turn leads to some whales saying there bots so they refuse to help content creators. Soup Sandwich appreciate you stopping by.

2 Likes

Completely agree with you brother! :100:

1 Like

Perhaps instead of a VP threshold, which in the future will likely only go up creating a gatekeeping from players making legitimate Proposals. Instead we could use play time such as 100 hours, 500 hours, or 1,000 hours. If users haven’t had much experience in game then I don’t see why they should be proposing updates.

2 Likes

Excellent Points. I think this should be seriously considered. Thanks- toon :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Yes 1 VP or 100 hours+ I second this. Yes someone can just farm these hours buy putting an afk character on perma arrow key or just afk but if they gonna do all that work instead of buying 1 mana which is like $1 or $2 then to me what they saying must be very important to them lol.

3 Likes

At least 1 VP should be in the account to make a proposal.

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• 1 vp should be required to make proposals 90% 959,111 VP (27 votes)
  • No vote power should be requited 0% 0 VP (1 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 10% 112,012 VP (2 votes)
2 Likes

At least 1 VP should be in the account to make a proposal.

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)

1 Like