[DAO: QmabBLp] Mental Health HQ within Decentraland

by 0x3026e5dca7a3f50a482d5f06fb18ce607386531b (HomerSimps0y#531b)

Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Community category be approved?

Abstract

Wanting to create a mental health hq as a central hub for people to find support, access materials, speak to professionals via discord calls or phone calls, meet other like minded people in a relaxing and safe location. Looking at starting with a 1x1 parcel then expanding.

I am hoping to help as many people as possible as i know mental health can be quite a challenge.

It will be run as a non for profit so any mana will go back into the staff, gain more resources, pay for land and host events for everyone.

mental health is not a joke and everyone deserves help and a safe place.

Grant size

25,550 USD

Beneficiary address

0x3026e5dca7A3F50a482d5f06Fb18CE607386531b

Description

Mental health is a huge problem in this world, Decentraland has had the best and most supportive community especially when it comes to mental health, My mission is to raise awarness, create a space within DCL everyone can access and get the help they would like. Meet like minded people and connect with new people.

Services i want to offer

Personal 1 on 1 calls with experts, either via discord or phone call, we will gain as many phone numbers from as many countries to get maximum avilablity.

Interactive enviroment on a parcel where people can assess mental health materials.

Free wearables or NFTs to give to people

Host events for mental health with experts and talks

Safe and calm location to network and connect with likeminded people

This will be run non for profit, All mana will go to buying and expanding land, paying staff, accessing more and new materials, etc.

This place will be open to everyone and everything 24/7 yes even doggy avatars haha

My mission is to help as many people as possible and show them that they can be the better versions of themselfs that they desire.

Specification

Land will be purchesed
Discord will be created
Staff will be hired and monitored
Scenes will be created and updated regularly
events will be created within decentraland

Anyone seeking one on one support will just need to put in a ticket on the discord or reach out to a active support member to iniate the call. Each call will be various lengths dependant on what is discussed between the support officer and client.

Personnel

Homersimps0y - Ash - Leader, years of experience with mental health and hope to cope with stress.

More staff will be added later as currently in talks with various groups and people currently.

Roadmap and milestones

If Grant Approved

First 3 months

Purchase land Launch Discord and hire staff Launch Mental Health HQ Launch event with giveaways

3-6 Months Expand Staff Expand Land Expand Building to have more office cubicals and private rooms Launch New Mental Health Matters Wearables Host donation events to bring awareness to IRL and DCL mental health communities and resources.

12+ months Keep expanding Host Donation Events Expand further into the metaverse

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

I really appreciate this proposal, I will be supporting this project 100%… None of us are perfect and we need a support system to help us grow, whether we want to ask for help or not… It isn’t easy to ask for help, even when it is being offered. I believe the Mental Health HQ will open up possibilities through conversations and other resources to help heal the world we are all apart of.

1 Like

i think this would be a great project, but not something for the DAO to back. there is an incredible host of potential legal and ethical issues here - how are the volunteers vetted? what level of experience/ training do they need? how do you deal with medical confidentiality / patient privacy?

Answer those questions and then do this project with private funding if you wish, but i don’t believe it should be done through the DAO

1 Like

Thank you so much for that feed back, couple questions i did not consider.

to be honest, if you haven’t considered those things you should 100% not be doing something like this.

I don’t doubt your good intentions but this is something which requires real training and experience. For a proposal of 25k i would expect to see your real world credentials as well as proof of a great deal of experience and a proven track record under your belt

Mental Health HQ within Decentraland

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 622 VP (14 votes)
  • No 15% 313,824 VP (12 votes)