[DAO: QmZxoQv] Decentraland Suicide Preventative *Safe Place*

by 0x0b5b9917820a3d03851ac6c414449134bd4fd4e1

Should the following Tier 3: up to $5,000 USD in MANA, 3 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Community category be approved?

Abstract

Supply resources whether information, live chat or phonable agents to assist someone in crisis. Evolution to cover various crisis with flagship work in suicide prevention.

Grant size

5,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x0b5B9917820A3D03851AC6c414449134BD4Fd4e1

Description

It will help people on such a deep level psychologically which will be so important to decentraland l, it’s mental health future, and eternal existence. The funding to produce dapp and pay for services to chat and speak verbally with people connecting on Safe Place. This is a crucial and even mandatory part of decentraland.

Specification

Create safe space accessible in decentraland that has reaches into organic hospitalization or organic chat or telephone support. The space will be called Safe Place. It will exist as dapp very easy to use format. Simplistic. Nonconfusing. This is the future of suicide reduction efforts in our future.

Personnel

Myself. Dapp experience. Crypto creator. Passionate about Suicide prevention. Hopes for expansion in bullying, domestic violence, and trauma help. I have experience as a Mental Health Technician. My best friend is an LIC Licensed counselor. I have an admissions coordinator background (where I took phone calls of people suicidal on a bridge, family members of people and even themselves at times in the midst of a psychotic episode, made proper arrangements and recommendations for next steps, admitted and scheduled admissions to psychiatric facility The Brattleboro Retreat of Brattleboro, VT) of 4-5 years experience as 5 years as a Mental Health Technician. She has been LIC for many years. Owns private practice.

Roadmap and milestones

6 months Max. Weekly updates. Plans to evoke Safe Place into the primary source of mental health crisis accessibility to help that exists. Full scope… Suicide, rape, trauma, psychotic episodes, schizophrenic episodes, bullying, advice on any level, and absolutely domestic violence.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Please carry your cord in this crucial Non stigmatized route of receiving mental health support and the immense rule it’ll play virtually to certain masses of people.

https://snapshot.org/#/snapshot.dcl.eth/proposal/QmZxoQvVJs1cRH3fw9uasG4fynJWNJ85WP3XoEmHq8B7gS

2https://governance.decentraland.org/proposal/?id=80fe9030-5e64-11ec-8188-4352ce3d30e7

Plz by all means excuse my language but damn. Do you know how many people would get help if they could walk in and talk to an avatar from their couch instead of a psychiatrist office. This would make money … and help people!!!

3d modeller here. I’d be open to help out creating wearables for this project. In case the artist fee is provided all income will go to this project or I provide the assets for decentraland or whoever is in call for this project.

1 Like

i think this would be a great project, but not something for the DAO to back. there is an incredible host of potential legal and ethical issues here - how are the volunteers vetted? what level of experience/ training do they need? how do you deal with medical confidentiality / patient privacy?

Answer those questions and then do this project, but i don’t believe it should be done through the DAO

2 Likes

Strongly appreciate the input. Possibly a smaller Venture first. As I said my friend is a Licensed counselor. I’ve worked over 5 years in mental health support and believe that this is going to be an enormous and needed market for any type of alit verse. It erased the stigma of in person interaction.

1 Like

Decentraland Suicide Preventative Safe Place

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 193 VP (3 votes)
  • No 25% 251,010 VP (9 votes)