[DAO: Qma2D2B] Interactive mazes, encouraging engagement, and offering support, while earning

by 0xf5ce5ff86220743c7b9ed6f9b029237585d511b9

Should the following Tier 6: up to $240,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Community category be approved?

Abstract

Would like to create an NFT maze that is community orientated. Currently have over 20 unique mazes, that are designed to encourage user interaction. Idea is based on having users explore a maze, where they can also hang out in a lobby. The lobby will be hosted by companies, where those companies will be able to sell their real world services. Throughout the maze and lobbies, the user can place unique NFT art for consignment sales. Both the Lobby host (company) and NFT art sales would bring in overall revenue for decentraland, by using mana as main source of coin. Lobbies will encourage engagement and interaction. Will also have opportunity for a moderator host to have a booth and answer any maze or decentraland related questions.

Grant size

240,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0xF5Ce5FF86220743c7b9Ed6F9b029237585D511B9

Description

The mazes will solve the main problem of people not knowing where to go for help. The maze will be a game design to keep the user engaged and interactive, but will also be there to support the user with answers and guidance by moderators. All new moderators will be assigned different lobbies in different mazes and there can be an infinite number of moderators in any given maze. Each maze will have keys and tokens to earn while solving puzzles to get to the finish. At any time the user can bounce into the lobby to talk about their progress with others, and/or interact with the business host, or a decentraland moderator. This grant will provide enough Mana to acquire land large enough to host an interactive maze with a few themed lobbies. Mana will also be offered to unique blockchain developers and engineers that believe in the project and want to contribute. Since every maze and lobby will allow users to post nft art on consignment, is imperative to have block chain engineers readily available to assist with troubleshooting any issues. Companies that want to be involved in the project will be required to pay a one time Mana fee, which will include a personalized lobby with brand awareness. They will also be able to sell or offer their product or service for the real world, while the user is in the decentraland lobby. Initial investment will be able to fund full time moderators to be available to walk the mazes and help other users by answering questions and encouraging lobby hang outs. The overall maze will have mana to earn as well as nfts that can be sold for mana.

Specification

I will be the project manager and will be outsourcing the creation to skilled block chain engineers. I have drawn out mazes with different missions and designs, all geared to keep the user busy. At any time, the user can bounce into a lobby to meet the sponsored company and do business with that company (like purchasing insurance or real life product). At same time, user can invest in the lobby by posting unique art for consignment sale. NFT art will be able to be displayed throughout the entire maze, and a potential user can purchase NFT while in the maze and while playing the puzzle or game. This project will be completed by hiring qualified blockchain designer and engineer. This project was designed in my head over 20 years ago when I created these mazes with intention of creating a video game that can earn the user coin while playing. Now we have the technology to make this vision possible.

Personnel

I currently hold a position with a fortune 100 company in their social media department. Once grant is afforded, I can approach my employer to invest in this space and make me Project Manager for them to start the first lobby. The company I work for does a lot of commercial advertising and is an innovator in the tech space. Once my employer is in this space, they will be the pioneers and the proof of concept of more large companies to join the band wagon of creating lobbies in the decentraland maze. Then we will have a lobby where our brand will be posted everywhere, which will encourage other companies to jump on board and create their own. Ideally, the user can go in the maze, and play, interact, and potentially buy things in the lobby, sign up for accounts, insurance, or whatever the lobby host business offers.

Roadmap and milestones

Company sign up and assigned engineers will happen by August 2022. With first maze & lobby to be launched in time for December 2022.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I think we need a better break down of how the costs will be used. Idea is nice in principle, but we need more info, especially once you’re getting the grant to get a promotion in a fortune 100 company.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t support this. Good idea, questionable execution.

i completely agree, Brun0!

Interactive mazes, encouraging engagement, and offering support, while earning.

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 8 VP (8 votes)
  • No 20% 1,676,123 VP (15 votes)