[DAO:1d9dc50] 3D Labyrinth - Follow up

by 0xa2263d90a001764b0cad2642b07974075b020368 (LongIslandSteve)

Should the following $2,545 grant in the In-World Content category be approved?

Abstract

The Labyrinth is a very simple free to play game within Decentraland where the goal is to reach a target area.
The overall goal is provide some more content for Decentraland and make it more attractive for users.

The concept is published at https://longislandsteve.dcl.eth.limo/

This proposal is the follow up of my previews proposal 3D Labyrinth

Grant size

2,545 USD in MANA

Project duration

6 months

Beneficiary address

0xA2263D90a001764b0cad2642B07974075b020368

Email address

stephan.steiger1005@gmail.com

Description

The Labyrinth is a simple game for Decentraland that does not need any Explanation on the game principle. Currently I have published the basic concept at https://longislandsteve.dcl.eth.limo/ and want to provide a more complex labyrinth, more interactivity and a more detailed design (including suiting wearables). This is not possible on a single parcel because the space and scene limitations are restricting. For a larger and greater version i will need more space and some support, that is the reason for this proposal.

Roadmap and milestones

Month 1

• Search and rent land
  • Concept
  • Basic Setup
    • Static Geometries
    • Texturing
  • First publish

Month 2

• UI/ Interactivity
  • Wearable design
  • Publish optimizations

Month 3

• Final polish
  • Publish Wearables
  • Publish final scene

Month 4-6

• Operation
  • Publish fixes if neccessary

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Thank you for posting your proposal. I visited and completed your example labyrinth in your DCL Worlds deployment. Are you aware that there are no parcel limitations for DCL Worlds? It is possible to build a 10x10 estate sized labyrinth using the resources you already have. You could build an even larger scene so long as it meets the 100MB file size limitation. You can read more here

Can you provide more details about how the game or activation will play our? What, besides navigate the maze, will the player do?

1 Like

Thanks for your participation and suggestion.

Are you aware that there are no parcel limitations for DCL Worlds?

I know DCL Worlds and I really like the concept of it, but imo this would not be the right choice for my project. I am trying to participate in Genesis City and make it a little more attractive and alive with my little project. The planned dimension of the project is too small to make it attractive as DCL Word.

Can you provide more details about how the game or activation will play our? What, besides navigate the maze, will the player do?

Definitely planned are far more interactivity (e.g. doors, light-swichtes, elevator (?), …) and idle animations to create a more immersive and challenging experience. Even though this is not gonna be a jump-and-run action-game. I will try to keep things as natural as possible, it will stay a labyrinth/ maze.

In a further step (not as part of this proposal):

• Randomization for replayability
  • Leaderboard
  • Themes (easy way to provide new looks, customize for events, …)

You want it to be in Genesis City. You want it to be on a 1x1 parcel. Is the money you are requesting for the purchase/rental of land in Genesis City? Do I have that right? How many people do you anticipate showing up to the maze? What incentives will draw people to it? Do you plan to have scheduled events? Prizes? Live music? Partnerships?

1 Like

3D Labyrinth - Follow up

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 26% 1,039,972 VP (39 votes)
  • No 62% 2,424,654 VP (22 votes)
  • Abstain 12% 506,100 VP (6 votes)