[DAO:fdc3aa2] Which candidate should be added to the DAO Committee?

Would you please stop making false statements about me?

It takes minimal time, and “obsessed” is a very dismissive way to talk about another human being taking the time to correct your continued attempt to bully and belittle me.

(Edit)

My vote goes to szjanko.

Good luck

1 Like

I’m voting for Szjanko because he is both highly qualified in the technical aspects of the position and possesses the skills needed to connect the DAO Committee and the community in a secure and professional way. Szjanko is familiar to many in the community, and has the ability to communicate important concepts to community members that may struggle to access some of the jargon and complicated elements of the DAO Committee’s responsibilities. I’ve experienced this first hand when previewing an Intro to JavaScript course Szjanko had prepared. I was able to follow along and complete the objectives despite having no former knowledge of JavaScript. As an educator, I quickly recognized his ability to discuss foreign or complicated concepts in a way that is accessible to understand regardless of prior knowledge.

With new users entering DCL all the time, it is important to have committee members that are knowledgeable, trustworthy, and capable of communicating in a manner that is secure yet accessible to everyone. I believe Szjanko fulfills these criteria to the highest degree and would make the best DAO Committee member as a result. :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Thanks @Mimsy!! your support here means a lot <3
Really appreciate your feedback while testing that JS course also, I am very excited to release that for the DCL community soon

2 Likes

@web3nit @ArtReYou thank you both for your support, much appreciated! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I’m voting Martriay as I believe he is the one with the most technical skill. He worked for the company that made smartcontracts what they are today, quite hard to do better on a technical aspect.

2 Likes

I listened carefully to the hustings and candidate responses to questions. For me, @szjanko is the candidate best suited to this particular role. The role is technical and procedural, and I believe that Szjanko has demonstrated his experience in these areas. He has also been a consistent, open and balanced contributor to community discussions. ¨

@martriay also demonstrates impressive technical experience, impartiality and security knowledge. At the same time, my concern would be limited communication/ engagement with the community as he does not seem to regularly engage with the DAO. Although I would agree that this may not be an important consideration for this role, I personally always feel in securer hands if I can count on open communication.

@Tobik and @champ are both active and important contributors to the community, so I would feel that their time, energy and experience is best spent in communications and engagement roles, rather than the procedural role we are electing here.

@awedjob has been one of the most thoughtful, supportive community members I have had the grace to meet in DCL. His skills in conflict resolution, research, community engagement, human resources and level-headed analysis are very much needed in our community - again, I would argue for roles that are not as procedural and ‘back office’ as this posting.

6 Likes

@bay Thank you so much for the kind words and support!
I appreciate you listening to the discussions and participating in the Q/A that we had with the community in the DAO Discord channel

1 Like

How do you feel about the majority of your votes coming from someone who stole it?

1 Like

completely understandable. just to add on this, the reason I don’t post that much is that i believe good communication implies succinctness and clarity a.k.a. to be straight to the point, instead of very long messages that say little or nothing.

transparency is indeed one of the two pillars of my candidacy, and my preferred approach is not buried messages on chats or threads, but a page or dashboard you can check for committee activity, and alerts for anyone to subscribe and react if needed. to me, this is a very procedural and not political role.

thanks for the words of appreciation!

3 Likes

Agree, it’s the profile that can make the DAO more “autonomous” and less human dependent, I also share that view and he was my first option when I read the profiles. But as the goal of the proposal is only to get a 3rd signer, my trust is on Tobik, he enjoys being involved in the platform, he puts attention to the details and he is demanding in the quality of what he produces. Also the other current members already have a very technical profile and a different one can also contribute.

hahah thanks for the long novel length love letter @RobL happy to see you know of, and are a fan of my work to even to the point you see it as, your words “fetish art”. If you wanted a custom Waifumon too you could have just asked. And yes as I predicted the grand finally statment you saying this:

Always knew this was your threat all along why i deleted those other proposals you told me to (which we all knew did not total $600k haha you so funny bro, we all know you ain’t kidding anyone here) but after you went back on your word last minute, we all knew that was when your threats lost all merit. Why when you then demanding i take down those comment about you via you DMing me before blocking me again was truly great comedy thanks for those laughs.

In the end bro. You right, even tho we all know I love Decentraland and its Community there will never be anything I can pass moving forward here. You won. Check mate. Well played. I knew I would die off pretty fast this season anyway of DCL Game Of DAOs if I kept writing the truth about you with your 4M VP Dragons. but no other way to go then with a bang, and was fun while it lasted.

As I said earlier I still do look forward to watching the rest of this season even from the sidelines. Yes, even if @Tobik and you win, since def love the King Joffery ton you just set with that statement after killing me off hahaha. GG everyone.

I appreciate you. I am happy you are a member of this community. We are the better for it.

2 Likes

Thank you for your considered response. Balancing clear communication and transparency with community participation (and defining what level of participation is expected in our various responsibilities / contributions) is a major challenge for our DAO.

I hope that you will run for future roles - your experience and focus on clarity is much appreciated.

1 Like

Which candidate should be added to the DAO Committee?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Awedjob 2% 233,216 VP (34 votes)
  • Champ 1% 182,545 VP (24 votes)
  • Martriay 7% 777,253 VP (8 votes)
  • Szjanko 29% 2,916,218 VP (108 votes)
  • Tobik 60% 5,811,308 VP (76 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 4,658 VP (5 votes)

Thank you to everyone who voted. Thank you to the DAO Committee and DAO Squads that facilitated this. I appreciate your time and effort in this endeavor. You’ve done the yeoman’s work.

Thank you everyone who voted. You asked us questions in the Discord server, during the Town Hall group voice chat, and in the announcement forum posts. May we always work toward a well informed electorate. May we also engage in civil debate and presume positive intent from the other parties.

I am optimistic about the future of this fantastic experiment!

Which candidate should be added to the DAO Committee?

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)