DAO Facilitator job - call for nominees

Nominate someone to be the DAO Facilitator

As the DAO gains momentum and the community becomes more active in creating Decentraland projects and policy, the DAO Committee and the community itself have demonstrated a need for some reliable administrative work.

The Committee needs someone to write the committee reports, keep track of grant updates, and hold community meetups. These tasks ensure constant communication between the committee and the community.

Less explicitly, the community needs help editing proposals for clarity and needs help maintaining high standards of discussion in order to make use of the funds and talent at the DAO’s disposal. These tasks ensure governance remains accessible to anyone who has a good idea and easy to participate in for anyone with a good opinion.

Objectives

• Increase participation within the Decentraland DAO
  • Liaise between the DAO Committee and the community
  • Increase the amount and quality of community discourse
  • Help facilitate productive conversations and field questions related to the DAO

Nomination and hiring process

• Anyone from the community can nominate a candidate.
  • A nomination is made of:
    • A short description of the candidate
    • A short description of their relationship to the candidate and their history
    • The candidate should then respond accepting the nomination.
    • The candidate can provide further information and examples of their past performance and relevant experience if they feel they have something to add to the nomination.
  • I’ll post a proposal with the candidates and the DAO can choose the candidate that best meets their needs.
  • The DAO should add future facilitators and expand or alter the role as needed.

DAO Facilitator Responsibilities

• Participate in discussions in the #dao channel of Decentraland’s Discord server and the Decentraland forums.
  • Compose and publish the Decentraland DAO Committee reports (include attending DAO Committee meetings and taking notes).
  • Compose and publish the DAO Community Grants updates. Summarize grantee activity regularly and expose grant project progress to the community. Flag grant recipients that have not made satisfactory progress.
  • Organize, schedule, and administrate community member meetups in the DAO hub
    • To discuss current proposals, issues, and questions related to the DAO
    • To be held as often as needed but at least once a month and accommodating various time zones.
  • Share strategic feedback with the Decentraland Foundation Governance team regarding community engagement and user needs within the DAO.
  • Schedule and organize community roundtable discussions for noteworthy issues
    • To be held as needed
    • Take notes and summarize for community

Candidate Requirements

• Fantastic English communication skills (both written and verbal).
  • Ability to synthesize information from complex and conflicting sources into clear, informative copy.
  • Good understanding of Ethereum and the Decentraland stack.
  • Good standing in the Decentraland community with a history of participation in some of Decentraland’s subgroups (MANA/LAND, creative economy, games, governance, districts).
  • Demonstrated responsibility and respect for the Decentraland community. A facilitator should not seek to enrich themselves or their friends through their role.
  • Useful bonus skills:
    • Superior writing skills and portfolio
    • Skills with the SDK and 3D modeling
    • Data analysis and visualization
    • React and simple backend skills

Time requirements and compensation

• Up to 15 hours/week
  • 2000 MANA/month, paid monthly

Over the last summer I have acted as a sort of proto-facilitator and talked to many community members and Foundation team members to find the most valuable activities for this role. However, the responsibilities of a Facilitator should evolve to adapt to the community’s needs so what is written here is simply the most useful set of responsibilities at this point in time. I am returning to school in a few weeks but I am happy to be a resource for the next Facilitator as they get started.

5 Likes

I would like to nominate @Matimio for this position! He is a perfect fit because he has already been studying, teaching and researching Future Studies and Political Science for years. Since we first connected in March exploring the intricacies of the LAND market, we have continually engaged in conversations about Decentraland and the development and future of the DAO. He is passionate about metaverse governance and I am positive he will give this his all and be a benefit to the DCL community.

3 Likes

Thank you @phergyson for the nomination! I graciously accept, and I am very excited about the possibility of working as a DAO Facilitator for the DCL Community. For those who do not know me, I would like to share just a little about myself. I will keep this brief, and If anyone has any additional questions about myself, my work, or my fit for this position, please do not hesitate to message me on the forums or discord (@Matimio#4673).

I am a PhD Candidate in Future Studies and Political Science, researching democratic futures, future governance models and the “biopolitical” significance of sanctuary, for example, sanctuary cities or the practice of seeking refuge in a protected space from the sovereign power/law of the state - something that may have increasing relevance in metaverse and blockchain spaces. In the Mevaterse space, I am:

• An active member of the Decentraland community and member of the Lastslice Collective.
  • Building “The DCLSanctuary”, which is a POI and premised in part on my PhD Dissertation and aims to be an intellectual center of gravity for metaverse research, analysis and public policy.
  • Moderator for Deadheads NFT, primarily brought on to consult on issues of governance
  • Moderator for The Alien Boy NFT, also brought on to help with community management and governance
  • Project Manager for Cardano NFT Project: The Ronin Universe

I am already actively monitoring and participating in the DCL and other DAOs in the Metaverse and NFT space, and the combination of my academic/professional expertise and digital community facilitation/management experience, I believe, makes me an ideal fit for this position.

I hope to have the opportunity to work with and for the DCL Community, and appreciate you considering me for this position.

-Matimio (aka: Mat)

3 Likes

Thanks @phergyson ! Your nomination has been proposed here: Hire Matimio as the DAO Facilitator

2 Likes

i want to work as curator <3
https://www.artstation.com/v1duk4
https://www.twitter.com/v1duk4