by 0x598f8af1565003ae7456dac280a18ee826df7a2c (pablo)
Should the problem/opportunity outlined be refined and taken to the next level?
There is lack of a technical figure giving a common direction for all game dev contributors and also expanding and bringing more devs and creators. Developer advocates we could say.
Gaming is key to retain users and the DAO can take action and own products to solve the decline of user traffic in the last 3 months: https://dcl-metrics.com/
With this proposal also we can make a more efficient use of funds
Test for 3 months the creation of a new figure “Platform unit”.
These will be the tasks and goals for these people:
- Main task: Enhance and expand gamification with proper tooling and gaming frameworks or products
- Increase Synergy between projects
- Create bidding and tendering proposals Gamification oriented
- Row together in a common direction
- To provide support to different projects
- Attract more creators: e.g. Promote the platform doing IRL workshops
- Evaluation of granted projects
- Evaluation of grant proposals
- Participation and contribution to the DAO from a technical perspective
Individual candidates can present a proposal with following requirements and specs:
- Proven curriculum demonstrating experience and technical skillset, if the candidate want to preserve privacy, GSS can check and express the veracity of the information.
- With working hours from 20h per week minimum.
- Transparency will be necessary, workflow can be adapted from other core units like the GovernanceApp squad.
- Budget can include variable entries, where extra budget will be returned to the DAO, e.g.: hiring other devs and modelers, server and infrastructure, events, workshops, travels.
At end, 3 candidate proposals will be selected to represent the role.
Once selected and work started, some metrics can be:
- Weekly worklogs
- Development of products and tooling in progress
- Support hours
- IRL Events / workshops
- Created bidding & tendering proposals
Decentraland builders, developers and new users to come.
Gamification is key to attract and retain users if driven the proper way.
We have an importante decline on user traffic metrics (https://dcl-metrics.com/).
Also it’s stated that the DAO needs a change due to drain of funds and low value of $MANA.
We have been funding several projects. However, although we have some collabs between them especially with wearables, there is not much integration.
Moreover for example, several games developed a mining mechanic, and separatedly we dedicated funds for the same feature on different projects.
Also there is lack of a kind Developer Advocate figure, for the DAO as well for Decentraland Foundation.
Apart from this, it’s cheaper for the DAO having units than buying products to businesses.