by 0x598f8af1565003ae7456dac280a18ee826df7a2c (pablo)
Should the following $51,978 grant in the Platform category be approved?
(Big part of budget is returnable to DAO)
- Main task: Enhance and expand gamification with proper tooling and gaming frameworks or products
- Increase Synergy between projects
- Create bidding and tendering proposals Gamification oriented
- Row together in a common direction
- To provide support to different projects
- Attract more creators: e.g. Promote the platform doing IRL workshops
- Evaluation of granted projects
- Participation and contribution to the DAO from a technical perspective
51,978 USD in DAI
With near to 2 decades of programming experience, most time was dedicated to no-code app with drag-and-drop stuff, mostly improving UX and as a Frontend Product Engineer (https://flowable.com).
You can also check a short summary of my Decentraland contributions: Decentraland work by Pablo.dcl.eth & Co. (2024-02-08) - Google Slides
I have been thinking lately what would be the best way to contribute to Decentraland, I concluded that it’s to propose myself as DAO employee, that is, a platform unit, filling a gap that I think is really needed and to cover all points expressed above.
To push gamification, besides building games, what I can contribute is to provide tools for different projects / teams, e.g. I think it doesn’t make sense to spend DAO funds on different mining mechanics on different games, instead, all games can use a common global system.
Several projects are using Playfab, aware of the needs to build our own game framework as an open source product.
Captchas are annoying, but we can make gamified captchas where the player won’t think he is filling a captcha but playing a game.
A super-transaction queuer service to bind off-chain (like Playfab) and on-chain actions (used at GolfCraft).
Those and many more…
I can propose integrations between different projects, implementing global systems at disposal, saving delopment efforts.
Not only to DCL, having confluence with other web3 projects can bring compatible users, something in decline last months.
I can dedicate the necessary time to propose detailed specifications on necessary developments, increasing the efficiency of the funds through the bidding and tendering system.
We have dedicated resources to fund really interesting projects, but we still lack more integration between those.
Most people probably not aware but I have been always open to help other teams, especially devs, also reporting security issues that I never abused, the only aware of those was me and the person I reported privately until now, so you can check with them for veracity
WonderMine (R. Dixon)
Knights of Antrom (Matt)
Music festivals, etc. (Nico Earnshaw)
Maybe some more that I cannot remember but I can do this task more from now on.
Aligned with the ambassador role, I’m so motivated to visit different GameDev education centers and do workshops, by bringing creators that can exponentially bring more communities.
I can work on analyzing funded projects, create objective reports that can contribute to learning how to be more efficient when choosing which projects to fund.
As a DAO citizen, with technical knowledge and economically covered, I can be more involved on my spare time. I already do but to bring good improvements it requires effort on details instead of just a quick daily forum review
- Mainly to serve to the DAO
- Weekly worklog: To provide transparency of the realized work.
There will be some flexible and variable tasks to better adapt the needs depending the moment and requirements:
- Gamified captcha service: to ease playability while ensuring security.
- Support for other mid-junior devs.
- Create a “Game Dev Alliance” discord server, I already created one months ago really, or consider creating a new section on DAO discord.
- Analyse common needs between projects in order to implement global systems instead of replicating, and paying funds repeatedly to develop similar features, like mining.
What probably can also deliver:
- Start a game framework similar to playfab.
- Start super-transaction queuer service to bind off-chain and on-chain actions (similar used at GolfCraft)
- Grant product report by demand.
- In general, what is stated in the Abstract and Description sections.
- Support to other teams interested on contributing to the DAO
The DAO has spent quite $MANA resources funding different games and experiences, the spending of resources can be more efficient with people working as other platform units, similar to what we can consider a DAO employee.