[DAO:c2540f7] PLAYVERSE CONTINUATION - ARCADE GAMES & EARN NFT's

I’m voting ‘no’ and these are the reasons:

1 - It’s a simple mobile phone game but in Decentraland

One of the problems of Decentraland’s video games is that the idea of a ‘game’ is not important at all. All the fun lies in the ‘to earn’ system which is something that has been proven to not be sustainable in most cases.

While the use of NFT technology to give users more freedom in asset ownership is a positive thing, it is not necessarily a determining factor for fun. The idea that earning (possibly valuable) items are entertaining, will only last until there is no more market or interest in trading those assets for money.

If the game was fun and there was a real intention of playing it apart from feeling the dopamine hit once you earn something, then I could reconsider the idea of supporting this grant.

2 - It is not creative nor does it intend to demonstrate something new to the world

How many games are available like this (plinko) on the app store / play store? Tons of them. What’s the new mechanic that will make users join Decentraland rather than play it on their mobile phones?

The only thing this game generates is a bunch of people AFK on a base getting coins so then the place has more players on Decentraland (even if those players don’t generate engagement).

3 - It makes you pay real money to have an advantage over other players

Another example of getting an advantage by paying the developers (a.k.a Pay2Win). Again, it’s more important to spend money rather than have something fun to do (or even use your logic like in chess/poker).

equals == Users will spend $MANA, to earn wearables, to sell them to some market that at some point will disappear because there is not a genuine intention to keep playing.

4 - They want to recreate ‘Key Master’ a game that is intentionally rigged against players

I’m sure you already have seen it, it’s this one:

Even if they make it ‘fair’, what’s the point? how many hours you can play things without getting bored?

5 - Conclusion

This project doesn’t benefit Decentraland at all. It’s not fun and even if it has some players now, they are AFK and just grinding items.

Disclaimer: my opinion on this is not personal to the people who are developing it, I don’t know who is developing this and I will be open to voting ‘yes’ if they make a real game (they know how to develop stuff, for sure.) I don’t want them to disappear but rather pivot their game.