[DAO:9f48621] PLAYVERSE SEASON 2 - ARCADE GAMES & EARN NFT's

NO. And I’m gonna quote on what I have said previously on your other proposal:

Now, I’m going to post what he said on Discord (the full text, no manipulations):

Now let me do a review point by point:

Your statement that our game is not fun is a personal opinion based on your personal opinion. Without any indication that you spent enough time to form a valid opinion. It seems like you did not play our game thoroughly, and even if you used a secondary account to do so, it went under the radar. We have records of all players who have enjoyed our game and are part of our Discord community (games played, total time on land and much more). Criticizing our game in this manner is akin to me criticizing your YouTube videos as bad because of your poor English accent, without paying attention to the content or even listening to a single word you say or the effort you put into these videos.

While ‘fun’ is a personal opinion, I’m sure we can both agree that the game’s content is very poor and it mostly consists of pressing a button to choose where you want to drop a ball (apart from some of the perks you can buy with $MANA).

In regards to your radars, they are completely broken. I’ve not used my main account to play the game. In addition to this, the fact that you add my English accent as an example, makes me think that you want to hurt me. Please don’t pretend that is just a silly example: I know you have chosen that specific example to try to provoke. Instead of making examples about me, why not focus on responding to the criticism of the project?

You claim that our game is not new and can be played on every mobile platform, but I would like to point out many mini-golf games are available on every app store. Does that mean the work from Golfcraft (following as an example that you gave us) games is not worth anything? Does it mean they do not deserve recognition and praise for their effort? Our answer to these questions is a resounding “no.” We admire their work, because we have the knowledge to evaluate the efforts.

There is not any idea available that is 100% original. However, the execution and the bases are tremendously important. When GolfCraft was first released, the project already included a training mode with different maps and integrations almost never seen in a Decentraland videogame (gravity, for example). Basically, the experience from one match to another one was substantially noticeable even if the game was golf in both cases (a new map/mode makes the gameplay different). In your case, it’s just pressing a button and spending $MANA for some perks. How much different a match can be from another one? It’s almost all the same!

You want better games, preferably AAA titles. However, Decentraland, in its current state, does not allow for the creation of AAA titles due to various reasons. Even if everything worked perfectly, it would not be possible right now. We understand that DCL is on its way to becoming the best metaverse, but the question you need to ask is whether they will be able to continue to do so if they keep squeezing content creators like us. DCL is not Roblox, where you can build AAA games because the platform has been working on it for far more years, and at this point, they generated $1900 million last year, guessing why? They promote and encourage content creators.

I don’t expect AAA titles. I’m fine with having indie ones. Roblox has better games because of time, entry barriers and a big amount of money thrown by VCs.

You seem to have an issue with the grant amount, but as a private company, we have invested far more than the grant amount we are requesting in DCL already, and possibly money wise way more than what you have invested. Our numbers are based on our actual experience with the already delivered, working, and fun product. We have already learned almost everything we needed during our first project, and that is why we are only asking for 60K. I know that for someone that does not write a single line of code or design anything in his entire life, understanding the breakdown of the grant might be difficult.

It’s your grant, not mine. It doesn’t matter how much money you have invested nor how much money I have invested: the DAO owes you nothing. The community decides, in the end, what should be financially supported. Thanks for mentioning the fact that I never wrote a single line of code (which I have :sweat_smile:), I can also see that you don’t want to talk about your product but rather attack me using personal reasons. Really professional.

Lastly, I wanted to thank you for your role as a content reviewer and congratulate you on becoming part of the council. Although is a bit weird the next day you became part of it, we got downvoted from a ghost account (coming out of nowhere, and then send the balance to an “anonymous whale” account), with an account that has never participated on voting or anything like that, it was used only to kick us out of the way. We do have some concerns regarding the downvoting of our work. We would like to know more about this situation and how it occurred, so we would be really happy if you can talk to that whale which sure you know, and ask for some feedback on our behalf.

Again, talking about me and not about the product. Here also other pictures to judge the behaviour this person has:

Guys, let’s use the money to fund creatives, artists and people generating real content.

Tobik

1 Like