[DAO:c14c84d] Proposal for Recognition of Decentraland in Future Grant Recipient Projects (POLL)

by 0x7bbea9c18cd0541acab8c19da2b11d0c03faef1c (1Existence)

Objective:
To ensure that all future Decentraland grant recipients prominently acknowledge the support they receive from Decentraland, whether on their website, marketing materials, or other relevant platforms. Currently only the Sponorship category has any requirement for making brand awareness. While most grantees may already do some of these things, it should be made clear to all grantees that Decentraland should be recognized in some way for it’s role.

Proposal:
We propose that all future Decentraland grant agreements include specific requirements for grant recipients to prominently recognize the support of Decentraland in their projects. This will help raise awareness of Decentraland’s role in supporting innovation and community initiatives within the virtual world, while also enhancing the platform’s visibility and reputation.

Requirements for Grant Recipients:

Website Acknowledgment:
Grant recipients must include a clearly visible acknowledgment of Decentraland’s support on their project’s main website. This acknowledgment should consist of the Decentraland logo, a brief statement of support, and a link to the Decentraland website.

For example:
“This project is generously supported by Decentraland. Visit [Decentraland’s website] to learn more about their commitment to fostering innovation and creativity within the virtual world.”

Marketing Materials:
All marketing materials related to the grant-supported project, including press releases, event materials, and promotional content, must feature the Decentraland logo and an acknowledgment of the grant. This can be included as a footnote, banner, or other appropriate formats.

Social Media and Public Announcements:
Grant recipients should acknowledge Decentraland’s support in any social media posts or public announcements related to the project. This can be done by tagging Decentraland’s official social media accounts and using appropriate hashtags (e.g., #DecentralandGrant).

Project Presentations and Events:
If the grant-supported project involves any public presentations, workshops, or events, grant recipients must recognize Decentraland’s support during such activities. This can be done through verbal acknowledgment, displaying the Decentraland logo, or including a slide or banner acknowledging the grant in any presentations.

Reporting Requirements:
Grant recipients must provide regular progress reports to Decentraland, including a summary of how the acknowledgment requirements have been met. This should include links to the website, copies of marketing materials, and documentation of any events or presentations where Decentraland’s support was acknowledged.

Conclusion:
By implementing these requirements for future grant recipients, we can ensure that Decentraland receives appropriate recognition for its contributions to the growth and development of the virtual world. This will not only benefit Decentraland’s visibility but also help foster a sense of community and collaboration among the various projects supported by the platform.

• YES
  • NO
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Voting YES on this proposal, however, it should be already be done by current grant participants. Grants are pointless if there is no marketing or acknowledgement of Decentraland. Unfortunately, I’ve seen many grants which never acknowledged its association with Decentraland, making it a lost cause project.

I also like the idea of having a regular progress report, maybe something that is more formal than a grant update on its site? But yes, showing the analytics of the impact Decentraland received from that grant.

Great proposal, Existence!

2 Likes

Great proposal! @Existential14

1 Like

Thank you @maryana and @MetaTrekkers.

1 Like

Yes absolutely! Why haven’t we been doing this all along? :slight_smile: :sweat_smile: :joy:

I could even see it being a requirement of future grants that you need an active social media account where you will post updates tagging the main Decentraland and DCL DAO social media accounts. We talk about spending money on social media advertising when we could be doing it through each individual grant recipient in a more authentic and organic way.

Yeah, this is one of those ideas that could really do a lot for getting the good gospel of Decentraland in front of more eyes. I really like it! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @Canessa. I will take those ideas into consideration once this becomes an official proposal to be implemented. I am hoping to get some feedback from the GSS as to what they feel is reasonable and easy enough for them to verify when doing their reviews.

1 Like

Spot on proposal! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have been working on my own version of this to give to the GSS ( mine is more heavily focused on Social, but love all the other categories you included here very much needed) and have them use as part of Grantee onboarding. Would love a chance to work on this with you and help build it out. I sent you a DM and friend request in Discord:)

Perfect @fractilians. I will get with you on Discord. Since this has pretty much passed, can start to move forward, I think.

Hi @Existential14
Great initiative!
The DAO is funding the Grant program, so to clarify, when you say “recognition of Decentraland”, are you referring to Foundation or the DAO?

(for example: funded by the Decentraland DAO)

1 Like

Yes, this would be my question too!

Proposal for Recognition of Decentraland in Future Grant Recipient Projects (POLL)

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 98% 5,369,259 VP (99 votes)
  • No 1% 1 VP (1 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 402 VP (2 votes)

Thank you @Zino for the question and not something I had considered but definitely will in the next stage. I am very glad you commented since you are part of the GSS and definitely would like you input.

The purpose would be to promote Decentraland as a whole and that there is a separation rather sucks, IMO. So I am open to any suggestions here as to how you think it would be best to phrase how the recognition should be made? Are there different logos for Decentraland vs the Decentraland DAO? Then perhaps both should be included? The home page for Decentraland would be the requirement for a website and other media https://decentraland.org/.

Please let me know both you and @bay

Proposal for Recognition of Decentraland in Future Grant Recipient Projects (POLL)

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)