[DAO: bafkrei] Exodus: Goodbye World Development

Yes, live is the best way to respond to anyone, i have no issues with that. I was tagged to the video though by someone who is not on this project’s team.

I understand. I respect everyone who wants to keep their identities hidden. Like i said we dont need to know who they are IRL (meaning their irl persona) but at least a simple who. I dont know who Chestnutbreeze or Eibriel are but i know what they do in DCL which is my point (just names to make the point) If I was to read this without knowing who you are or what you’ve done in dcl, i would just think “JTV is a 1 man army” currently. But that’s fine you are not obligated to disclose that if you dont feel is necessary.

Just because you think a piece of info its not relevant to you, it does not mean others should just overlook that and say “well, we trust you.”

GL.

3 Likes

Hey @JTV , Your work of Exodus speaks for itself and is a very neat game.
I played Exodus not only because I’m a fan of you but also because I actually do love the game, DCL finally starts to grow and has something people can enjoy from other then poker.
You inspired alot people to build & create and I think you deserve a little bit Credit for that aswell.

I would love to see the people’s name that are working on the project aswell.
That is a really important aspect for many people that are going to vote.

I think you have done a great Job with Exodus already it has been in the top of DCL for quite some time now, so the game is very good & playable, It is also not important how the design looks as long as everyone is happy playing the game, since every opinion differs from one another taking my self for example I think the game looks really good & is fun.

From my experience testing the game, it was relatively unplayable with the woodchopping. My wood would never deposit into the bank and therefore my inventory would not clear and I couldn’t continue to collect wood.

The game is in Beta, which is a really good reason why it acted the way you described it in.
Everything is working and is getting updated every monday,

Keep up the good work I’m voting YES!

2 Likes

“This industry is built on privacy and security.” I disagree with this.

It is built on transparency and trust, and these 2 go hand in hand.

3 Likes

I’m disappointed in the way I saw you responding to questions on your stream today.

You told multiple people that their questions or feedback were bullshit. You called one of the original Decentraland whitepaper authors and founding members of the community an idiot. You spoke poorly about other creators and projects in the space.

I don’t question your teams ability to produce a quality and worthy experience in Decentraland, but the DAO treasury belongs to the entire community. Not just those who you decide are worthy of responding to.

In my humble opinion, you should have listened to withering dawn and NOT reviewed the feedback on live stream. It was an absolute PR nightmare. I’m not sure you are actually capable of receiving feedback or criticism without taking extreme offense to it and that is very concerning. Though you have done a lot for the community by giveaways, exposure, and onboarding I feel like you have done more damage today than I can overlook as an individual. I wish you luck on your project, but I would also encourage you to consider some of the very valid points made in this comments section.

10 Likes

I’ll take the under.

this is not a compelling argument, and I think factually false.

Bold choice cotton, let’s see if it works out.

The D in DAO stands for “Dencetralized”

3 Likes

Howdy!
My name is Maserphaz. I am the Lead Scene Designer and minor Front-End coder. I’ve been creating/modding for video games since 2008 starting with The Sims 2, becoming an accomplished creator with +1M downloads on ModTheSims (Morphead). Within DCL:
I’ve created and published a couple wearables for myself.
Created multiple of JTVs sold out items.
Created the entire scene for Wisher Vodka (4,-111) and items for them.
As well as advised others on items and projects.

In creating Exodus, I’ve taken a piecemeal approach in order to allow for users to be able to play while we build vs having to wait. As such, the land in areas, as one can expect, is incomplete. This due to 1) The sheer size of the land; 2) The time needed to plan, conceptualize, draft, and implement a design; 3) Work/“work”/Life balance; and 4) Project priorities.

It may not be readily apparent when you walk around the land, but it comprises many newly made assets and the related coding. We have in reserve even more assets still waiting to be integrated. In order to make the overall experience smooth and usable while staying on a steady schedule this method was chosen.

Over the course of the Beta you will see the land transform into a vibrant and full world. As of now, it is dependent on myself and partly one other. I do this in my spare time as a believer in Decentraland and the project itself. Beyond myself, our team includes wonderfully talented individuals who have done a lot of work to bring what we have so far to fruition; continuing to make the future a reality. If this grant is approved, we can commit greater time and effort to building out the land more quickly.

I hope this helps to assuage some concerns about who we are :slight_smile:

Thank you!

11 Likes

I wasn’t expecting for you to doxx your team, but to provide more information - a DCL name by which community might recognize this person, or a Discord, Twitch name?
I am assuming that on your team you also have the developer that has previously been on your streams and developed the NFT trading application? He had a Twitter, you could provide that.
Although I can’t be sure that he is on your team, because you are not providing any details.

For example on Wonderzone and Golfcraft proposals they had provided mostly DCL names, which for me was enough - I have been following some of these people on Twitter, I have seen
them participating and commenting in DAO, I have seen them being active in Decentraland and Wonderzone Discords, but about your team I know nothing.

You have to understand that anyone can create a grant request and write that they have a team with 100 people and name different roles.
On your previous proposal there were questions about tech stack, but there were no one from your developers responding to them, just you, which makes it seem like a one man army.

Instead of calling these questions bullshit on you stream, try to respond to these questions by providing as much information as each teammate feels comfortable with.

I can see that one of your teammates has made excellent example above my comment on how it is possible to provide more information about themselves.

3 Likes

Nice to see someone showing up also :slightly_smiling_face: it’s already making me feel better about this… I still go to the land once in a while and i do like the forest and recent graphics upgrade(the water) but i can run a auto click and gather resources without real effort and don’t really need to run around to gather which is fun to explore the world… I think for any game with internal economy auto clicking or bots can ruin the experience for the other players that wants to play legit this game got the potential to succeed… But id love to see you guys try to make it work without a grant , i think it’s very important for people to show what they can do without any help before asking for money. DM so far as better graphics and i feel like their development is a bit ahead of your game with only two team members and they sell NFTs for funding for now and it’s working just fine. The pricing of your nfts and the game itself is a bit of a turn off for me also. Since we are all in this space for something new people prefer to pay for a nft that they can resale and make profit or maybe breaking even. You don’t have that same privilege with a membership. ATM you are also flooding the market by giving nft which is not a bad thing… But it affect the internal economy of your game and remove the pleasure of grinding and earning something that you can resale.

6 Likes

It’s been a blast working on this project and with this team.
I know that JTV is here to stay and is going to put his all into this project, as will the rest of us.
Would love to see this passed. I believe EXODUS can be a turning point for DCL and a huge bridge to onboard new community members.
Quick turnaround P2E that is built to keep people engaged by giving fast rewards. I’m very excited to see what we can do on this project.

BigNasty

8 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Ahmad and I am a 3D artist situated in Pakistan. I have been doing 3d art, animation and 2D art for well over 4 years now. I am a CS/Engineering student as well. I found out about Decentraland about 6 months ago. I have worked with many people but none was as friendly as JTV and his friends/team.
I am absolutely delighted to work with them and learn Decentraland on the way. I have created over 40+ wearables for people in Decentraland including 8MetaBalls. I have also worked with a lot of other projects like KingDome sports. But out of all of them this is the project that is going to push DCL to another level. I am not stopping nor is anyone else on team but if we get this grant it will really help us put more time from our days and provide better!
This is not a one man army, The comments from JTV should be counted as response from the whole team. Thanks and have a Good day!

8 Likes

I’m not sure you are actually capable of receiving feedback or criticism without taking extreme offense to it and that is very concerning.

100% this. to mirror what @maraoz said in his comment, it shows (at best) a lack of experience and makes me skeptical that this project could be run successfully when the team can’t calmly respond to quite reasonable feedback.

5 Likes

Hi @JTV – I took the time and listened to your whole 20-minute response to my comment (Twitch). I can now say for sure you have no experience managing large software projects. Thanks for clarifying that for me. Voting no and requesting everyone else reading this to vote no.

Additionally, bashing on people who took the time to read your proposal, play your game, and give you feedback (eg: calling them idiots, saying “bullshit comment”) is not gonna make you the most loved member of our community. You even seemed pissed-off by my positive comments. You can check my forum post history and see I always give feebdack on grant proposals I reject. Don’t take it personally!

Best of luck with your project.

6 Likes

After reading this whole thread, I can reaffirm my status to taking a back seat to DCL currently. @JTV is an amazing creator and has a wonderful team. I have seen this man work tirelessly, and advocate for the DCL community. Everyone is getting off on a power trip at the moment with their “copium masks” on that DCL will keep growing.
Are we really complaining that he wants to create, and help grow the game? I’m sorry but this metaverse is on a reverse track, because people won’t let people create. I can understand maybe being a bit critical of things, but come on really? No one is going to want to come to this metaverse with nothing in it.
I am normally reserved in my opinions, but I really think @JTV is wasting his talent, and time on you guys. @JTV you have wonderful ideas, and have brought many people to this metaverse, don’t let the nay sayers get you down. (Afterall, better projects are ahead in Metaverse development)

7 Likes

If anyone here cares, game plays very smoothly now (because of the super solid dev team).
But even when it was buggy as Nikki mentioned it was still the most fun place in DCL. Better than Wondermine or playing dress up (in my filthy, unwashed, uneducated opinion).

JTV has helped hundreds of people make sense of this messy and complicated virtual world, and I do not think many would have stayed without his help. That alone does not mean he can create a fun game, but you know what does? THE FACT THAT HE HAS CREATED A FUN GAME :slight_smile:

I know I’m just a peasant to the overlords in here, but myself and hundreds of other peasants are only here because of JTV. He is the one and only reason.
And a lot of us are having a huge amount of fun playing this very early Beta.
It blows my mind that the Wondermine proposal passed but here we are arguing about what should be a no-brainer. Exodus is an amazing game with an amazing team. Support them as such <3

Easy YES from anybody who has spent a little time in Exodus or in JTVs streams

EDIT: Exodus is also the only game/attraction that my partner enjoys playing in DCL. She has enjoyed it since day 1 (bugs and all). She is not a gamer, and she is not into NFTs. And as such, every single other game in here needs the explanation of “Just wait, it will be awesome in a year or so”.
I think this is something that everyone who has Decentralands best interests at heart will have a long think about. Exodus (and of course JTV himself) are incredibly powerful tools in onboarding, and KEEPING new members. Please, ego has no place here. Much love to everyone reading this. <3

7 Likes

I voted no. I personally believe some form of information as to who is in the project (this does not mean doxxed), Twitter/Linkedy In/DCL name(even if not minted) or even a picture in the forum of past/ongoing work of the ones in those positions is relevant. This does not mean you had “ to share your secrets for us to vote yes”. I just think that transparency from whoever is asking for a grant, ensures the trust from the community into voting ‘yes’ on that same grant.

If no was the answer, then that was fine. I also think that this here:

did not help in any way that was positive, obviously. Although, I think that continuing to relentlessly work on the project as you did after your first proposal was rejected is truly admirable and shows your dedication. The frustration can also be understood.

There was no other reason to vote no on this proposal imo.

1 Like

With an exception of some hurt feelings and not throwing names out there it looks good?

Let’s see what’s harder your feelings or our determination to make Decentraland into something worth coming and staying for. Decentraland already lost 80%+ users because they didn’t have anything to do here. What I do, I am very passionate about. Find someone that’s more consistent than I have been in Decentraland.

One of you mentioned Software company experience. I don’t have that. Most of dcl doesn’t have that. Clearly based on the current platform it’s built on. One thing I do have is leadership skills. Finding a group of people. Bringing them together to create and execute a vision of what we believe a game can be isn’t easy. We started with 3 members and have grown to 17. I told my team we were going to build Exodus on a 5x5. We didn’t have access to it or know how we could get it. We ended up with a 7x7 that’s being expanded to approximately 150 parcels with an option of significantly more. We didn’t know how we were going to get to that point either.

There is a huge learning curve we are experiencing everyday. Our execution and delivery has been on schedule every time. I have a 9 month track record and it’s all public. Lots of things happen in that span of time when being an opened book. But another thing users can see if they take anytime to look is we deliver everything we promise. Real companies struggle doing that and we are a group of plebs leading the way.

Exodus is the team. Everyone on our team can freely name themselves in whatever form they wish. Our goals are to build and give users something to play, enjoy, believe in, and something to look forward to. We still have yet to reach the surface of what Exodus will become.

No other DAO proposal has this much publicity on it. Not even the $1m that went to DG and that was very controversial. Very interesting to see everyone have so much concern about this particular one.

These proposals really slow our team down. How many times do y’all want to go through this?

3 Likes

@JTV

No, DG proposals got more attention than your proposals combined:

1. Poll - 62 comments MANA incentives for USDC-ICE LP on QuickSwap
  2. Draft - 29 comments For Decentraland Daily Active Users: MANA incentives for USDC-ICE LP
  3. Proposal - 14 comments For Decentraland Daily Active Users: MANA incentives for USDC-ICE LP

Total 105 comments.
There were a lot of negative comments and people not supporting DG, but the team stayed composed and professional. If they had started acting like you, I don’t think their proposal would have passed.

4 Likes

Give JTV the grant.

He will give DAO it all back, in way more ways than just money.

We’re looking at user onboarding, people actually playing the game and user activity in Decentraland.
Start develop our community, DAO is my proposal to you, and stop being so careful.

JTV is a amazing guy, voting yes this time

6 Likes

I Don’t think you can base a grant on just words or reputations… you need facts and results… I think everyone here is doing their best to grow the community even if that’s mean doing things for free… Can’t really consider play time as work time… My analysis and opinion is based on what i see and feel. Nothing against you personally… It’s the Dao/community money and i think it’s a fair process that everyone get to says what they think and do what they think it’s the best for the community. How many memberships have you sold so far? And how many NFTs? DM sold out their Set very quickly for a total of about 3,5 eth and sold out 100 lumberjack jackets for 25 mana each in 5 days and many people bought the pets. I believe in the future that DM will succeed in the long run for DCL. But your current business model im not sure if it will thrive… Everything need to be balanced out in a game with an internal economy people made money in DM and its not even 2 months old you can grind 1k of each resources and sell one piece of item for 3-5 mana there’s is a market and you can grind your way instead of paying for the NFT. Creating a balanced game is a lot of work… I worked in finance for 8 years now 5 years i was doing residential loan and for 3 years commercial loans and i am now a work force planner for the same bank.I am a risk taker but my bet isn’t on your game… I just feel like your project is been rushed out to get the grant it can be just a feeling but i don’t feel like your team is taking the time and effort to deliver quality to the community…

2 Likes

Have your partner play DiceMasters and get back to us

2 Likes