[DAO:b636aa7] Tower Defence Creation Kit

Is there any play2Earn mechanic implement?
I think I see all the code is client side and there is no server validation or similar, so the game cannot be used to deliver prizes with value, right?

1 Like

Correct: there is no networking included in the module. If you wanted to track player stats (exp, levels, perks), provide rewards, etc. you would need to mirror the logic on your own server and validate player inputs. However, if you are looking to monetize a deployment of it, you could still enable/disable towers based on NFT ownership through a local check easily enough (ex: owning/wearing a wearable gives access to a specific type of tower).

All of the functionality is there to add a networking solution (P2P or server), you’d just need to create your routines for network communications and reassign callbacks in each module (ex: player tower purchases happen on the server). There are no defensive checks to catch cheaters atm, but you can add a black-tic system to mark wallets that cheat/exploit server-side easily enough (ex: if a player makes a purchase with money they should not have/enemies take damage from an unregistered tower).

Also, important note: the kit is currently in SDK6, but I’m currently bringing up all the community modules in my spare time. Parkour is pretty much done (just needs some more testing & I’m working on adding player HP/lives system so traps don’t insta-kill), board game module is close (modbus redesign is in-progress), and I’m easing into the card game module next. The swap from object oriented programming to data oriented programming is going to change a bit of the design in the tower defense game (and DOP is easier to track/interact with server-side). I only get a small amount of time each weekend to work on them, but it may be worth waiting for the upgraded tower defense kit to drop (sometime next month if at this rate).

The current framework Im working on now (Trading Card Game) includes a server with fully mirrored/anti-cheat system in-scope as well. I’m trying to design it as robust as possible to make it easy for people to use/mod. After it is fully tested & released we’ll have a fairly decent example available of how to go about creating a game server that processes game logic for the client (could be modded to fit the purpose of the tower defense game).

1 Like