[DAO:b09bc8a] Add DRESSX Digital Fashion & wearable NFTs to the Linked Wearables Registry

by 0x98b7e1ac3ad42d4e7bc974db1bad77328ef60696 (DRESSXMETA)

Should DRESSX Digital Fashion & wearable NFTs be added to the Linked Wearables Registry?

NFT Marketplace Listing

Relevant Links

NFT Collections Description

DRESSX launched the GENESIS collection of 444 unique bucket hats, with exclusive wearable utilities: Augmented Reality lenses, Metalooks photos, private URL panels, and private IRL events.

DRESSX is a metacloset of digital-only clothes, NFT fashion items and AR looks. Understanding the scale of the negative environmental footprint produced by the fashion industry, DRESSX was created by Daria Shapovalova and Natalia Modenova in July 2020 as the first-ever platform for digital garments that generate zero waste, carbon footprints, and chemicals during their production.

Motivation

What motivates us to have these NFTs represented in Decentraland is to educate and onboard our community of digital fashion NFT holders into the metaverse for an immersive and community-focused experience.
The motivation is also to reward, empower, and engage our amazing community by giving them this free additional utility to thank them for being such cool members of DRESSX family.

Also, we would like to continue our DCL Fashion journey: we participated in MFVW22 with a DRESSX catwalk show, and we have 2 boutiques in Decentraland. We were the first to support DCL with digital fashion and our boutique inside Metajuku. And we have an NFT display gallery in Boson Protocol area.

Items to be Uploaded

Intellectual Property

This is our own creation that we produced and we will be uploading it ourselves. We own its IP.

Credentials:
DRESSX:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dressxcom
Instagram: DRESSX (@dressx) • Instagram photos and videos
Discord: DRESSX Digital Community
NFT marketplace: DRESSX Fashion NFT Marketplace

Smart Contract Addresses

• 0x98b7e1AC3ad42d4e7bc974dB1BaD77328eF60696
  • 0xc2e917a8fad0d69b77675a63a0c6272f9d839dda

Manager Address

• 0x98b7e1AC3ad42d4e7bc974dB1BaD77328eF60696

Is this collection generated programmatically?

• No

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

why not just make a single item to airdrop to holders? seems a bit overkill to make it a linked collection if only 1 item.

I personally think “less is more” when it comes to Linked Wearables. This is a brand extension play and not their main line of business. The mechanics are different and seems like a test and learn situation to me. Also, not everyone that is into digital fashion or NFTs are enthused about the Metaverse. I appreciate their conservative approach and aren’t overloading DCL Committee resources for review/approval of a multitude of linked wearables.

DressX has an incredible community that is aligned with DCL and will help onboard more fashion-loving people to the ecosystem. I can’t vote YES fast enough!

Personally I do not think the dao should fund a test and learn situation. It costs less than $150 for this wearable to be published why would the dao cover this cost?

Vote: YES

DressX Numbers
6,919 NFT items - 5,790 owners & 84% unique owners
Discord Members - 3,735
Twitter Followers - 12,048
Instagram Followers - 78,977

The 444 bucket hats are generated and unique. They can be worn as an AR filter via the DressX app. You can also put the hat onto characters in certain PFP projects. This is an extension of the utility for their existing customers. The benefit of a Linked Wearable Registry is for established projects to bring their community members into Decentraland. When thinking about costs, how much will it cost to lose out on new DAUs?

DressX was a part of MVFW last year. They will be part of MVFW this year. It was just announced in a press release yesterday. DressX has teamed up with Digital Fashion brand Diverge to promote the bucket hat release back in December. DressX has 11 wearables slated for release in Decentraland.

2 Likes

I misread the proposal and misunderstood the issue. I thought there was only 1 version of the hat. Changing my voted to yes

1 Like

I am voting YES for this linked wearable proposal! @AwedJob made great points about their community and previous involvement in Decentraland.

Let’s welcome DRESSX and their digitial fashion community into Decentraland. I look forward to DRESSX’s involvement in MVFW’23. Welcome genesis bucket hat holders!

1 Like

Add DRESSX Digital Fashion & wearable NFTs to the Linked Wearables Registry

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 99% 6,966,000 VP (165 votes)
  • No 1% 21,146 VP (9 votes)

Add DRESSX Digital Fashion & wearable NFTs to the Linked Wearables Registry

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbfa6d24e6a061e9aea3447163fdfe045177dd40e)