[DAO:b012ffa] Do you need a PR group led by DAO Times to promote Decentraland?

by 0x76d429836cf2d4944a5e4ec689271151f877b252

This poll seeks to gauge community interest in funding a PR campaign led by DAO Times to promote awareness of Decentraland and drive engagement.

The decentralized PR group would pitch reporters on newsworthy Decentraland stories, secure coverage in major publications, engage with influencers/brands, and boost traffic.

Our approach aims to be more incentive-aligned than traditional PR firms by compensating contributors of our working group based on results.

This idea of a working group was inspired by the success of Buurtzorg

If there is enough support, a full proposal would be drafted detailing clear KPIs, team, experience, and targets. The campaign hopes to achieve objectives like:

• Increased articles, backlinks, traffic
  • Greater awareness and positive sentiment
  • Higher demand and trading volume for $MANA
  • More partnerships and collabs
  • Accelerated platform sign ups and purchases

Please vote on whether you think this PR initiative should move to a full proposal for further consideration and community discussion.

Contact us if you want to join the working group as an independent PR or SM manager: contact@daotimes.com

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Hi! How are you planning to compensate contributors? Asking because this proposal is not for a grant

1 Like

Hi, every month, all members will report on what results they have achieved. Then each member of our working circle will allocate a certain number of funds from our monthly budget to distribute to other members as recognition of their work based on their contributions.

This is a poll to get feedback if you need such a proposal.

It would be nice to have DAO Times assist on promoting Decentraland.
I want to know also any similar DAO promotions you made from other projects, statistics, pricing for providing such services, or is Decentraland DAO will be your first client?

Anyways, my unqualified opinion is telling me that Decentraland will help to promote DAOTIMES instead of DAOTIMES promote Decentraland. Or maybe not hahaha.
And also, I believe Messari is doing similar business model regarding DAO current events, but users have to subscribe to Pro/Enterprise, which is very expensive for retailers like us. Having DAOTIMES do this job will take a heap of market share from Messari but it’s easier said than done. Maybe I’m wrong again hahaha. Kindly ignore the last two opinions.

For now, it would be nice if you can provide any similar services you made from other projects, any statistics, and the pricing for such services.

Looking forward to your response regarding this matter.

Cheers.

akasya.eth

1 Like

We have never helped other brands with PR as a decentralized group, this is a new initiative for us.

However, members of our team have tons of experience and are able to regularly get top-tier media coverage for Decentraland.

If the voting results are positive, we will create a detailed proposal for Decentraland including examples, clear KPIs, and a description of what we will do and how we will do it.

Do you need a PR group led by DAO Times to promote Decentraland?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 16% 513,188 VP (46 votes)
  • No 51% 1,555,283 VP (20 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 33% 1,025,469 VP (19 votes)

Do you need a PR group led by DAO Times to promote Decentraland?

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)