[DAO:ab7df90] Ban the name DCLDAO

Sounds like it’s about time for the team to release *** HPrivakos *** from all his duties. No one is indispensable in this world. If the team doesn’t take action anytime soon, I will be more than happy to put up a proposal for him to be released. There are a lot of people who feel the same but are afraid to voice their concerns, so this proposal maybe a good way for them to express how they feel.

Enough is enough.

2 Likes

Honestly some sus stuff going on, im no wallet stalker lol but if that 4.4M vote is who i think it is, then that is very concerning considering this proposal is completely invalid under DCL terms.

very curious on the outcome of this prop.

4 Likes

hey @esteban, would love to hear your reasoning behind your vote if you’re happy to discuss.

3 Likes

Excellent point. Can we please look in to whose wallet that 4.4M votes come from?

3 Likes

If someone thinks that the DCLDAO is the actual DCL DAO then they should probably do some research :laughing:
I actually think it’s an interesting talking point…
IMHO; banning is a bit extreme here…

6 Likes

The thing is, as much as we have intelligent people, we also have the same amount of the opposite in DCL. Sometimes people really believe I am BobMarley when this name is assigned to my avatar. Even tough he died 40+ years ago. Drugs & Alcohol may be a contributing factor, who knows. This factor should not be a reason to ban any names. TBH I can’t even believe we’re having this argument. If this name does get banned, I would have lost respect to everyone that voted YES.

4 Likes

I never voted Yes on a name ban proposal, I don’t think any name should be banned, feel free to check the banned names listed above and you will see I don’t appear in those lists.
I simply clicked the wrong button then corrected it when I was made aware.
cc: @mazafaka

You can also present you as DAO Committee member and start a proposal to release me of my duty if that’s your wish. You can put your presentation over there: Open Call - New DAO Committee Member

2 Likes

He had the opportunity…but its too late now

1 Like

3 Likes

so I do think this does fall under 2.4 “content that is… misleading…” however my consensus is a verified mark would be the ideal solution. I will be submitting a proposal for this after the holidays if you would like to cosign it when its ready @nwiz or @szjanko

GM :heart: Happy Thanksgiving :turkey:

1 Like

Banning Names that are completely valid is censorship.

5 Likes

@MetaTrekkers, has your position on this issue changed?

3 Likes

Ban the name DCLDAO

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 42% 5,947,146 VP (38 votes)
  • No 58% 7,966,218 VP (84 votes)
3 Likes

Hi @nwiz, Happy Thanksgiving. We actually had this discussion after the town hall meeting two days ago. Interesting points were made. I share the same views as szjanko, no need to ban it but maybe make some official names with blue check marks etc. I don’t want to ban anything, just wants new comers to be able to distinguish the official employees of the committee from regular individuals when voting or they will be confused.

We dont share the same views… I dont know why you are using my name here? You voted to ban the name on this proposal and I 100% disagree with that decision.

4 Likes

nice timing, just sayin’

4 Likes

Oh sorry, I guess what I mean is I like the “ Blue check mark idea you proposed. ”

this is a contradiction to your vote, ser. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

They made a nice OTC Deal…Well done @nwiz

5 Likes