[DAO:ab7df90] Ban the name DCLDAO

I think in the future, we should just do a poll first instead of an actual proposal immediately. There is only a Yes or No option. We should have different options for different results. Anyway the proposal didn’t pass and the name was traded to someone in the foundation. So it seems like a win-win situation for everyone. Take care and have a great day.

Haha congrats! @nwiz

What you mean? You have 3 options:

• Voting YES
  • Voting NO
  • No Voting

Your decision was voting YES to ban the name. You could have waited and abstained. Action speaks louder than words.

Have a great day

4 Likes

Hmm, interesting take…

1 Like

It will be used to create a World for DAO events and Town Halls.

8 Likes

Great Solution, looking forward for this. :pray:

Thank you and have nice Weekend

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your great deed and understanding Hp!:pray:t6::pray:t6::heart:

YES !!!

Completely agree with this comment!

They should’ve minted the Founders’ names in the whitepaper as well :slight_smile:

Thanksgiving is over…

you don’t share the same views as us or you would have abstained from voting… You followed your whale friends and now you are trying to say you don’t want to ban anything?

If new users want to distinguish official members in the foundation or committees… they can visit this site, Transparency

The DCL Foundation can make sure to stay on top of updating their members and if we would like to add the checkmark as well i will want to see a proposal for that so we can vote :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Proposal is coming this week, will be circulating a draft and looking for co-authors if @szjanko or anyone else is interested.

I’d like to say in recap too I am happy with the outcome of this proposal, I think as a community we have reached a decent solution moving forward. But I would also like to point out in the comments of this post some members could do a bit better at using their words productively instead of name calling or labeling things as stupid. This should be a place for productive discussion, I understand people can feel emotional about issues in the DAO but we should all be open to hearing each others opinions even if they are ones we don’t agree with.

We can’t handhold the entire world though. The type of people to blindly accept a name at face value will probably be the type to fall prey to countless other phishing and social engineering schemes. Just natural selection at work.