[DAO:992dd51] 3 New Slots Beta (Air Pet, Land Pet, Extra) Implementation

by 0x37f00ec67d68c2d3c662339c183d37403c36f28e (AaronLeupp#f28e)

Should the problem/opportunity outlined be refined and taken to the next level?

Problem Statement

Now that the community passed these 3 new slots we have been in talks with foundation to implement them but they may be to busy and saying maybe wont have time the next year or so to do it.

Proposed Solution

I Aaron Leupp have offered to work for Free and implement them myself however have been advised by @fehz via DCL DAO discord chat to instead put this through this method bid and tender to allow someone to get compensated for the work.

Also this round is just to make the beta slots of Aaron Leupp’s items (Waifumon Gen-2, Decentraland Dinos, “Armory Working Title” BAYC, ApeCoin, MYAC, CryptoPunks, and other Aaron Leupps wearables etc) etc and PunkPink and Old Guys items. Later after launch and some time a 2nd round can be developed for these slots to also be open to the public since that as said by the foundation “a bit more complex as we want to have a more complex system” at that point in time before opening these slots to the public for submissions outside of AaronLeupp, PunkPink and Oldguys wearables.

Target Audience/Customer Base

Decentraland Community, Waifumon Community, Ape Coin and BAYC community.

Why is this relevant now?

I am willing to do it for Free but have been told to do this process.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I’ve abstained my vote on this one simply because I feel there should only be 1 pet slot land/air combined.

Can you please put a link to what pet slots are on your proposals? Maybe it’s a good idea and I don’t realize it because it’s not clear what a pet slot is. Is it a category of wearable? So the foundation is saying this is extremely expensive and problematic to implement?

You can use Smart Wearables for creating Pets with animations

As far as I know, soon (or it is already) there will be an option for all people to see your smart wearable functional, so, people will be able to see your animated pets.

lol you three did not read the proposal. please read the proposal before commenting. Thank you. @OfficialCryptoCube @theankou and @OGContraBand if you read the proposal can click on the URL in it that demos the air and pet slots and there is a link that shows how it can look. I do not understand what is going on with foundation. I volunteered to implement it myself for free. but they are telling me to do this instead so someone get compensated i guess. I just doing what I am being told so we can finally get this done AFTER THREE YEARS. thanks.

@AaronLeupp of course I read and understand the proposal. And I’m 100% onboard with a Extra slot. However adding 3 new slots would result in a excessively high amount of new tris. Slowing down loading speed even more. Because of this I feel all pets and any other weird odd ball stuff. That doesn’t fit into an existing category. Should all be put into 1 extra slot. If we are going to add this amount of new Tris to the World. I would rather raise the limit of existing slots. Which is something almost all of us have been wanting from day 1 as well.
I understand 3 slots already passed. I understand foundation said they were going to implement it but haven’t. I understand You want to take on the work yourself for free. And I understand the DAO has suggested you create another proposal so you get compensated as you should.
But what I don’t understand is how it was so hard to get 1 new slot “handwear”
And now we’re just going to add 3 more like it’s no big deal.
I know it’s probably the majority who want pets but not everybody does. In my opinion boosting Tri limits across the board. Is a better use of our very limited Tris.

Not worth paying a grant for this if the Foundation won’t approve the Pull Requests.

lol @HPrivakos you did not read before commenting again. What you are saying is not the case. Please read before replying again. That aside thanks for all you do.

bro lol @OfficialCryptoCube for a second time PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING! This is not a proposal for adding 3 slots. Those already passed. Thank you.

1 Like

Lol, you didn’t understand what I said again.
You want new slots, those new slots will require developing to be added to the client, you are asking for money through a bid&tendering to implement this because the Foundation don’t have time. Cool.
But then the people developing this will have to submit a Pull Request to the repositories of the Foundation, and they will have to approve it, which they won’t.

lol no again you did not read the proposal. @HPrivakos if you look over the 6 sentence submission it says in the first sentence and I quote " I Aaron Leupp have offered to work for Free and implement them myself " and " @fehz via DCL DAO discord chat to instead put this through this method " nothing about “pull requests” or “repositories” thank you.

Why put it through bid and tendering if you do it for free :clown_face:
And why do you need a proposal at all for this?
I’m very curious how you will implement new slots if that doesn’t require pushing any code to Foundation repository.
Unless you are using absolutely wrong terms and don’t actually mean “implement 3 new slots on avatars”

1 Like

for the 4th and FINAL time READ THE 6 SENTENCE PROPOSAL THE ANSWERS ARE IN IT. If you have any more questions feel free to ask the person that TOLD ME TO DO THIS METHOD THAT IS ALSO MENTIONED IN THE PROPOSAL. Or continue to push your constant 3+ year bucket crab mentality :crab::bucket: on someone else.

This proposal is stupid.

1 Like

So your bid price is free…
Looks like you win @AaronLeupp …
Wen dev?

1 Like

Yes @BET I hope so! Look forward to your vote!

Seems like a waste of voters time though if you’re actually gonna do this for free…
You got anything public in DCL/GITHUB?

lol now YOU proving YOU did NOT read the proposal. You or @HPrivakos or anyone else got an alternative solution we all ears. Till then this is what we were told to do to solve this over 3 year issue so why we doing it. If you always No DCL proposal skim readers got no alternative solutions then keep your false worthless opinions to yourself. :bucket::crab: or tell someone who cares.

So you’re not gonna do this for free…?
And you don’t have the ability to implement this…?
(a picture drawn in paint 3d does not count)
Maybe it would help if YOU actually read people’s questions and replied to them accordingly…

JUST READ THE 6 SENTENCES IT"S WRITTEN IN IT

:joy:
He doesn’t even know what he is asking or what he wants, he has no argument so he just says to re-read the proposal again and again