[DAO:1852d83] Pets Slots (land and air)

by 0xa1d16f58c2066182a007bbfbacb7b22c0baf8067

Linked Pre-Proposal

Pets Slots (land and air)

Summary

I was told to put off launching our walking Dino pets and flying Fairy pets because a “pet slot was coming soon.” THAT WAS OVER TWO YEARS AGO … lol. This proposal is launch these two slots early next month December 2023.

Abstract

Reason? Aside from being way over due, we created the 10,000+ Waifumon linked fairy pets we would like to go in the air pet slot. As we all know we made a 10,000 Decentraland Dinos collection too we will be giving majority out to the community. (Decentraland Land owners, Active DAO voters, Decentraland Creators, Decentraland Players, Decentraland Influencer’s, MANA Holders, Decentraland Wearable Creators, etc) and would like to do this as a gift for the holidays why it is time sensitive.

Motivation

External Image

Specification

Conclusion

We do not mind these pets being the first beta pets for these slots. We do not mind any ascetic faults or hurdles like clipping or glitches. This will be pre-approve and we can fix all errors with updates and patches just like ever other platform in history. We also understand all other pets (non Waifumon Fairy or DCL Dinos) can cause many other unforeseen issues why we don’t mind this being a beta stage and an additional proposal can be made for the rest of pets or one pet wearable proposal at a time, at that point in time with all included things we learn over this period. We also are open to adjusting this proposal to all ideas mentioned below in this stage or next. Thanks in advance and hope you all enjoying the current festival and holidays!

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Hi @AaronLeupp thank you for moving this forward, I appreciate a little arm candy and I am voting YES but I want to better understand during the last round the negative aspects from a user standpoint to adding this. Will it cause any “laggy” issues?

1 Like

Hahaha thanks @dedheadj happy you like the “arm candy” it was a ton of fun making them all so happy others enjoy them as well.
Yes, one could argue negative laggy effects of either adding more items or more slots could make a slower or a tad slower. The reality is I do not have any experience in that part of the space nor could even forecast a measurable amount. Weather be noticeable or even insignificant or not.
Yes, one also could argue that all new items, new emotes, or slots, or features, or builds, build height, or users, or locations, or concerts, or data scrapers, or literally anything or any new variable could also have an effect that makes things more “laggy.”
Yes, one could also argue that it may even make things faster since will be one less item to load on whatever slot page we currently have them. The reality is i don’t have the knowledge or answer so apologize if you were looking for a more clear answer. This issue could be brought up on any proposal or item submission for the past two years. I too agree it is an issue and has been an on going battle ever since I have been on this platform . And yes as said last time, open to all solutions. If anyone has any ideas on proposals to address this on going issue I always down to support and help however I can. I also know even tho it has been an on gonna issue since the birth of not only this metaverse but all platforms or games ever made will always be down to not only support any proposal but also on going ideas in the future as well and down to help however I can as well. One of my favorite games league of legends has 166 champions with 7,345 unique custom skins which each have (1 auto) (3 normal) (1 ultimate) = 4 attack animations, = 36,725+ unique animations not including base teleporting animations, some that have various auto attack animations, unique voice sound bites, and so many things etc. also know may math may be wrong lol also know other games and platforms may even have more (world of Warcraft) etc. So lucky I know there are lights at the end of the tunnel and other successful platforms that have overcame and achieved even way more complex issues than us . So defiantly look forward to all those ideas and solutions and supporting them and helping them however I can. Thanks again! :heart::saluting_face::woman_fairy:

1 Like

Thank you @AaronLeupp, I really dig your ideas and also positive outlook :dove:

Truly curious how it works when we continue to add accessories @PunkPink you also have an extra category right now under community review. Can you help us better understand, does this affect the in-world experience in a negative way? I get the benefit, just truly trying to understand the negative aspects. I have seen a few comments recently that when wearing only the basic “underwear” pack the experience is better.

1 Like

Pets Slots (land and air)

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 85% 5,148,365 VP (80 votes)
  • No 14% 862,498 VP (4 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 43,904 VP (5 votes)