[DAO:77d3e76] Add the location 2,-18 to the Points of Interest

by 0x26648e3f7c7b12e55f6637f4bb5bd75314af943a (Lansky)

JBF Gallery

Should the scene located at 2,-18 be added to the Point of Interest list?

Description

This gallery is the perfect venue for anyone to exhibit their art in a beautiful gallery setting. We can also use it as an event center and help create the even for the artists.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Hi Lansky, I’m voting no because I believe we should not vote on our own POI stars to get them passed, especially by users with as much vp as you have. I really would like to see the community decide if locations are worthy of the POI star. Have you had any events on your land? Are you planning on holding events in the future?

To me I think locations that are worthy of a Point of Interest star have done the following:

1. Worked to host events before applying for a POI star
  2. Gotten to know community members and become active within the DCL community
  3. Brought value to the greater Decentraland community in a way that is not self-serving
  4. Minted the name they are proposing the POI with

I voted no for a couple reasons.

• Though I have been here before, I don’t recall any recent events, especially those featuring other artists. It seems to be a gallery of TheHolyOnes PFPs exclusively.

• I don’t like when a proposer automatically votes yes on their POI with a substancial amount of VP.

• I don’t find the build particularly interesting or worthy of a POI.

Perhaps in the future if you host some community events that add value to the platform I can reconsider my stance.

Hi again, I’m curious why there are SO many accounts voting yes with only 1-2 vp… all similar default avatars that someone hasn’t even changed the original hair and beard style on. It looks to me like someone is trying to use many accounts to bolster the popular vote on this.

As of this time, there are 96 yes votes, and out of those only 12 are people who look legitimate. That means there are 84 fake accounts voting on this. PLEASE do better. This is not the way to get a POI pushed through the DAO :cry:

Add the location 2,-18 to the Points of Interest

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 33% 472,451 VP (107 votes)
  • No 67% 920,108 VP (33 votes)