[DAO:65f595a] "verified organizations" golden badge on X

by 0xa01d51e047cd9b69850ebe2b472c54d458b378c2 (Huepow)

Based on the latest data - X App is a top leading platform in the world with a traffic and
credibility (thanks to community notes system)

It’s not even a question here , it’s more a matter of time when Decentraland official twitter profile will have a company golden badge subscription which cost 1000$ per month and 50$ for each affected account like @DecentralandDAO , @InWorldBuilder or @MESHfair for example

If someone after reading benefits and differences below doesn’t want to support this proposal, explanation is welcome

I think golden badge supposed to be a priority #1 for the platform to reach masses

You can find examples of company verification badge on these metaverse profiles on X - @TheSandboxGame , @Nifty_Island , @monaverse , @WilderWorld

Any political views or relationships with Elon Mask - lets keep privat and let’s try to follow the latest data about X platform and benefits to Decentraland that can bring Company subscription - that’s what important at the moment

Would like to hear your opitions on it:

Differences with 1000$ per month company subscription and without for Decentraland X profile:

Visibility and Trust

Without company subscription - Less visible and lower trust

With a company subscription - Higher visibility and trust among users

“Imagine playing hide and seek. Without verification, you’re harder to find. With it, you’re in a special spot where everyone can see you and knows you’re in a game.”

Access to X Ads

Without company subscription - Limited access

With a company subscription - Full access to advertising capabilities

“It’s like having only a few instruments in blender to draw with vs having the whole big box with all the kinds of instruments for your masterpiece.”

Affiliate Accounts

Without company subscription - No specific benefits

With a company subscription - $50 per month for each affiliate account, with verification

“Think of your main account as your home and affiliate accounts as your friends’ houses like @DecentralandDAO, @InWorldBuilder or @MESHfair account. With verification, your friends’ houses get a special badge that shows they’re part of Decentraland company and affilieted with”

Influence on Platform Algorithms

Without company subscription - Standard algorithmic treatment like to everyone else with 8$ - 20$ basic subscription

With a company subscription - Prioritised algorithmic treatment

“Without company verification, X treats DCL profile like everyone else. With it, X might give to DCL profile a secret boost that makes it more noticeable + to affilieted once as well”

Brand Protection

Without company subscription - Less protection against impersonation

With a company subscription - Increased protection against impersonation and fraud

"“Without verification, it’s easier for someone to pretend they’re you, new users are on target, especially on hype era! With verification, it’s like having an X bodyguard that helps keep bots, scammers and fakers away.”

• I support company subscription
  • I don’t support company subscription
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

1 Like

This is something that would have to be requested directly from the Foundation, since the DAO doesn’t have control over the marketing spend/subscription costs for them. Maybe you can submit an RFI request on whether they will budget for this expense in the future & have plans to upgrade?

2 Likes

Thanks for the navigation maryana, proposal moved to Foundation!

2 Likes

I am voting no paying $1000 to twitter helps support domestic t3rrorism in the USA as many shooters and attackers of politicians have been programmed directly on X such as David DePape whose police interview sounded like scrolling through twitter and reading it out loud. Americans will be wise to send propagandist Musk back to South Africa to his emerald mine because he’s here illegally and is undocumented. Fun fact Elon received payments of 2 billion dollars from Saudi Arabia and Qatar to attack America in this fashion. You want to give money to THAT? I will give one more example I know DCL is big supporter of LGBTQIA rights where Musk constantly is bad mouthing and supporting hate speech against with boosting accounts such as LibsOfTikTok. We might as well be hiring someone to attack LBTQIA.

There’s a new update on X , just for the info:

“verified organizations” golden badge on X

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• I support company subscription 88% 3,968,429 VP (39 votes)
  • I don’t support company subscription 1% 6,545 VP (7 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 11% 541,652 VP (14 votes)

“verified organizations” golden badge on X

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)