[DAO:6429660] Expanding Decentraland's Reach: Multi-Platform Content Creation & Gaming Streams

by 0x769366fff987c75877432a2daf5ce44b5c78d74a (1111)

Should the following $6,000 grant in the Social Media Content category be approved?

Abstract

I aim to harness my active presence across TikTok, YouTube, and Twitter to amplify Decentraland’s allure. By hosting real-time gaming streams, producing engaging video content, and offering regular updates from my own parcel of land in Decentraland, this project seeks to raise awareness, boost user engagement, and provide educational content for the platform. My land ownership not only showcases my vested interest in the community but also serves as an authentic backdrop for content creation. With experience in both gaming streams and the blockchain ecosystem, I’m poised to deliver quality content that resonates with both new and existing users.

Grant size

6,000 USD in DAI

Project duration

6 months

Beneficiary address

0x769366Fff987c75877432a2dAF5Ce44b5C78d74A

Email address

saghalive@gmail.com

Description

Why this project deserves funding:
Decentraland is a vast and evolving platform, brimming with untapped potential. While there’s an active community within, a significant number of online audiences remain unaware or under-engaged with what the platform offers. As a content creator with an active presence across multiple platforms, I bring a unique blend of reach and authenticity. Moreover, as a landowner within Decentraland, I possess a tangible stake and a distinctive vantage point that many content creators might not have. Funding this project would mean investing in a bridge that connects Decentraland with broader online communities, fostering growth and engagement.

Problems Addressed:
Lack of Awareness: Despite its innovative nature, many potential users remain uninformed about Decentraland. Through my multi-platform approach, I aim to cast a wider net, reaching diverse audiences and introducing them to the platform. Underutilization of Land: Many parcels in Decentraland are underutilized. By showcasing the potential of my own land through engaging content, I can inspire current landowners and potential buyers about the myriad possibilities their plots can offer. Barrier to Entry: The blockchain and virtual world can be intimidating for newcomers. My content, especially the tutorial and walkthrough series, will demystify the process, making Decentraland more accessible to all.

Benefits to Decentraland:
Increased Visibility: My content creation will shine a spotlight on Decentraland, driving traffic and interest from external platforms. Community Growth: By showcasing the dynamic activities, interactions, and potential of Decentraland, I anticipate sparking curiosity, leading to an influx of new users and potential landowners. Engagement Boost: Regular events, interactions, and updates from my owned land will provide current Decentraland users with more avenues for engagement, fostering a more vibrant and active community.

In essence, this project isn’t just about producing content; it’s about crafting narratives, building bridges, and fostering a more connected, informed, and vibrant Decentraland community.

Roadmap and milestones

Month 1: Foundations & Strategy Survey of Decentraland’s current landscape. Gather community insights and feedback. Bi-weekly Twitter updates and a YouTube summary.

Months 2-3: Content Launch Weekly YouTube series starts, spotlighting Decentraland’s highlights. Daily TikToks and weekly gaming streams initiated. Post-content release updates on Twitter and monthly YouTube recaps.

Months 3-4: Engagement & Tweaks Bi-weekly events on my Decentraland land. Mid-term feedback survey to refine strategies. Content adjustments from feedback with weekly Twitter updates and YouTube reports.

Months 4-5: Collaborations & Enhancements New content based on feedback. Team-ups with other Decentraland figures. Monthly Q&A sessions. Weekly Twitter, TikTok highlights, and YouTube monthly recaps.

Month 6: Recap & Future Analytic report on project outcomes. Final feedback and reflection. Future planning for Decentraland engagements. Project summary on YouTube, Twitter reflections, and TikTok journey highlights.

Continuous community interaction will be woven through all phases, ensuring a responsive and adaptive approach over the 6-month timeline.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

@Morph

Thank you for your candid feedback. It’s truly appreciated.

I want to clarify a couple of things: Firstly, my passion for DCL is genuine, and this grant is a way to elevate the quality and reach of the content I produce. It’s not solely about the monetary aspect, but having the resources to make content that truly reflects the essence and potential of DCL.

Secondly, I understand the concern about reach for the $6k. However, consider this as an investment in potential. With the right resources, I am confident in significantly expanding the audience and bringing new enthusiasts to DCL.

I do recognize and deeply respect creators who contribute to DCL out of sheer passion. My aim is to be an addition to that dedicated community, not a replacement.

Would you be willing to reconsider your vote if I committed to sharing interim results and demonstrating tangible ROI within the first few months? Your vote isn’t just a number; it’s an affirmation of belief, and I’d truly value it.

It would be nice to see us give 1 of these a shot to see what benefits it may provide. Unfortunately we love to vote down these lower costing opportunities and pass the higher dollar ones or tell them to ask for less that we can turn down.
Reality is it’s still too early to expect any mad rush into the metaverse especially with a platform that’s not exactly user friendly.
But as far as this goes, I’ll vote YES until we actually try one and because YouTube and TikTok has a very high population to reach.

1 Like

I agree, I already have a video on YouTube that I created previously, I have onboarded more than 20 people and I really want to create more. I hope this works.

Thank you for your kind words Existential, you are one of the people who is always active and engaging with the community.

1 Like

I voted no as I’m not confident in this having much impact. Your number of stream followers seems too low to have much reach, it’s less than my own follower count on Twitch for example and I’m not even that confident that my own streams for have enough impact for this. I would suggest you produce some more regular Decentraland content to test how things go organically without having a grant first.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! We will work on these improvements. We will upload more dcl content and increase our community size before asking for a grant of this magnitude. What changes would you like to see made to this grant considering the points you brought up?

1 Like

EDIT: NVM for some reason the forum doesnt show the full post, brb rechecking

Ok, re-read the full proposal.

Going to keep my vote as a no, not because I think you don’t mean well, but I would really like to see people create content for DCL because they believe in the vision and content.

If this sounds like you, I would happily vote for a grant based on provable metrics and impact numbers of successful campaigns. As a similarly sized streamer and content creator, there is not enough reach for $6k.

Until then, we simply have too many creators to pick and choose, especially over those creating large amounts of their own DCL content for free.

Expanding Decentraland’s Reach: Multi-Platform Content Creation & Gaming Streams

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 5% 803,239 VP (40 votes)
  • No 87% 11,456,624 VP (79 votes)
  • Abstain 8% 1,163,132 VP (18 votes)