[DAO:547067b] Implement a Linked Wearables Submission Fee

by 0x247e0896706bb09245549e476257a0a1129db418 (LordLike)

SUMMARY

This proposal gathers opinion about the introduction of a submission fee for linked wearables. Currently, the DAO bears all expenses related to the curation of linked wearables. To mitigate these substantial costs a submission fee could be implemented.

MOTIVATION

This fee can enhance the quality of wearable submissions, mitigate the influx of non-serious entries and act as a compensation of expenses currently held by the DAO. It can be one of important steps in ensuring the long-term sustainability and quality of the ecosystem.

IMPLEMENTATION

This is a non-binding pre-proposal poll to assess community sentiment. If approved, a working group will be formed to facilitate broader discussions and inputs, including the review of fees paid to curators for linked wearables. The finalized points will be submitted in next governance stages.

VOTING OPTIONS

YES: Implement a Linked Wearables Submission Fee.

NO: Leave as it is.

Share your thoughts related to this proposal on the DAO Discord or in the comments. (Forum post)

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

About 20k usd was paid by DAO for LW curations.

1 Like

And 50% (10k$) of this curations were paid to 1 curator, because he took most of LW collections back in time.

I’m not sure if this proposal is the right place for my few words, but if someone will take a look too Linked Wearables payment, addittionally, whole curation system balance between curators should be created. It’s literally unfair when 1 curator curate 90% of all published wearables per month, and other curators just don’t have a chance. This can be done through bots or whatever. I wrote that several times in our local chat, but no changes or any even response at all.

Tricky thing, because sometimes i’m the most active curator, sometimes others curators, but i think we should have balance system that will sort collections / items inside collections / between curators. Current state of curation system is kinda weird with this first come, first serve way… One gets thousands dollars, others gets the rest…

2 Likes

Thanks for comment ! I am glad to help with it.

whole curation system balance between curators should be created

So first time I am voting NO in a long time and I will explain why. I do agree that we should not only one day charge for linked wearable submission fees but also believe it will also be a huge cash flow opportunity for the DAO. However the demand is not there yet and if we start charging before the demand is even there than the demand will never have the opportunity to happen in the first place.

Just some data points in case you did not know I was set on the task by @yemel years ago to get all the top NFT collections permission to link them to Decentralnad. With months of work of emails, DMs and phone calls almost all of them not only said they dont see the value they also requested WE PAY THEM to link their assets to Decentraland. So after all these NOs I decided to try my best to create value and demand ourselves by linkeding Waifumon and soon Decentraland Dinos to the platform. However now I am beeing met with massive red tape and politics as well. We have created 10,000 files and dealing with asset requirements and also waiting over TWO YEARS for a slot that we just got approved by the DAO but now being told it may take another YEAR OR SO = OVER FOUR YEARS with no end in sight lol. So yes only people that willing to do this kind of work and patience are insane like myself and also thinkin of charging people on top of that I forecast pretty much creating the demand for this dead before it even arrives. You can also see this demand through the forums we get mabye one pitch a month if that and only one other then Waifumon Gen-2 is an almost 10k collection. On the bright side have gotten Waifumon Gen-2 approved by DAO (still not by foundation and been trying for almost THREE YEARS NOW) Decentraland Dino’s are complete and also I got a method for BAYC and ApeCoin community to be linked as well as can see here waiting to pitch through this DAO to be linked after i get Waifumon Gen-2 and DCL DINOS approved (BY FOUNDATION). AIP-254: FREE ApeCoin NFT Shields to First 150,000 ApeCoin Holders and FREE NFT Shields to all BAYC, MAYC, CryptoPunks, Meebits, BAKC, Otherside owners for only $1 Budget! - Accepted AIPs - ApeCoin DAO

So for anyone that cares what I am requesting is yes we one day charge for linked wearables but give me or whoever else also wants to take on this challange too more time to prove the concept of linked wearables by displaying a demand for them. Thank you either way.

1 Like

Hey Aaron, thanks for your comment! This is only a poll to gauge sentiment. Before implementation, much work and conversations will be needed to reach a consensus.

If a “balance system” is put into place that auto-assigns curations, the curation team needs re-evaluated as majority of the team has been inactive for more than 10-12 months. Majority of the team did not curate 1 item for the entire year of 2023. It would be really annoying if the auto-sorter gave a curation to someone not active.

2 Likes

No. It’s enough of a challenge to get information on the Linked Wearable process, then get a collection approved, then build the API behind it… Not to mention that there is no way to use Linked Wearables with assets stored safely off hot wallets, so if we wanted to do a Linked Wearables for a brand like the Bored Apes, they’d have to store their ape on their hot wallet that they access Decentraland with. This is a pretty unappealing idea. I’ve been watching the recent Linked Wearable team go through all these steps, and if there was a cost on top of these hurdles, brands would be out. As it is, how many brands are even trying to get Linked Wearables right now?

It sounds like we need to solve a different problem, equity in the curation fee, not outright charging for the wearables.

2 Likes

I also agree with @Canessa on all stated above, and second this motion to instead restructure the curation fee that someone put as a requirement the DAO should pay. Whey are we making curations committee go through thousands or hundreds of files when they are all the same thing but micro changes in color or texture etc. That is something that can save costs now instead of trying to charge for a product that has not even proven its demand yet.

Implement a Linked Wearables Submission Fee

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 45% 946,773 VP (26 votes)
  • No 55% 1,146,316 VP (11 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

Hey Everyone, thank you for your feedback and valuable inputs.

Implement a Linked Wearables Submission Fee

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)