[DAO:48b5171] Update #4 for proposal "Renewal Grant Support Squad 2023H2"

Thank you GSS for your work so far… Looking forward to seeing improvements in the revocation process, the documentation of the GSS program, and really enjoying the Testing Tuesday sessions with Fifi… great way to showcase progress and involve the community.

I have one concern:

In the midst of heavy discussion around grantee accountability and responsible use of our treasury, it is discouraging to see that this short sentence is the only attention you have given to what has risen as the #1 topic of concern in the community. Many have voiced their discontent with the obvious pilfering, misuse, fraud, waste, abuse and lack of transparency from some grantees, and the lack of data that we have at our disposal to objectively evaluate grant projects in an open and community-driven fashion.

A good amount of active builders have left the DAO community, and those that are left are discouraged to see the continuing manipulation of our grant funds and voting process. The GSS should take a lead role in “guaranteeing efficient use of DAO funds”, especially when you repeatedly emphasize this as one of your 3 main goals.

I am ready and willing to work with the GSS to increase the level of community-driven accountability, provide more open data, improve the communication channels between grantees and the community, establish basic accountability measures, and continue to build a framework for accurate and complete reporting of metrics, expenses and deliverables.

I have proposed two governance measures to help in these areas, linked here:

We need a GSS and supporting grantees is of great importance, but when grant projects receive huge amounts of funding (over 100K worth of “support”), we should place an equal amount of weight on accounting for, and ensuring proper use of the funds, as dictated in each grant proposal.

I feel there is a disconnect between the focus of the GSS and the community, and would like to see more active involvement on the issues that affect us most. Grant accountability, reporting, and open data are far more important than deciding new budgets for grant categories.

Thank you again for your hard work and dedication.