[DAO:23bbcc3] Meta GamiMall Expansion & Empowerment (2nd Submission)

Yes, just as you do for your sponsors

1 Like

There are many ways to solve that, one of which is to have a .env file which is not committed.
Thatā€™s not really a valid excuse

Got it! This is very much sensible

I was just explaining the reasons, and I mentioned 2 points not just 1. Just to clarify that we are more than willing to share our codes and models if that is gonna be helpful to the community . It is just that we are open sourcing everything based on our own pace (after each MetaMine season), If there is a hard rule to say we have to keep our opensource Repo always update, pleas let me know where can I find this rule or doc, and we will be happy to learn and obey.

ā€œIt may have bugsā€ is also not a great reason, if itā€™s good enough to be deployed, itā€™s good enough to be published.
I would raise the GSS attention if I saw the repo of a project funded by a grant not updated for several months

I donā€™t really think so, itā€™s NOT good enough to deploy, but since our event had to start at a certain date, we have to deploy even though we have bugs. Until we fixed the bug, the scene does not work as intended, for example, we still need to manually send our game coins back to the players as compensation when they donā€™t get levelling-up rewards or on some other occasions, and this sort of bugs happens every day recently since we added a lot of new features that caused the bugs.

I donā€™t think there are repos with tricky bugs like this existing in DCL Awesome Repo (correct me if Iā€™m wrong) . So it makes sense to me that we should fix the bugs until we publish it to the public.

However, to respond to your question, we are willing to change our pace, and make an update soon with our recent stable version. Again, please let me know if there is any rule or doc that describes when and how we should open source files, Iā€™m not trying to challenge you,I just want to know where are your questions coming from, learn it and follow it. Again and again, like i said in the last reply -

I would like to see more of your data around this and the projections you have based on DCL DAU.

Iā€™m a big propionate of web3 gaming and the ability to use advertising revenue to create a game economy that isnā€™t as predatory as the established industry business model. Still, I have doubts that a project could scale using advertising revenue alone.

I find asking the same question multiple times harassing. You can vote however you choose. No need to aggressively attack them.

We will share more data in the future, as for projection, itā€™s not hard to create a projection and make it looks legit, but the hard part is how to realise it. Weā€™ve seen some advertising companies come to DCL and then bankrupt, they clearly made some nice projects at the beginning to raise investment. So instead of making the number looks good at the beginning, we would rather do it step by step. Once again, I need to emphasise that we still recognize our priority is still bringing traffic and brands to DCL, and meanwhile exploring the potential profits model step by step along the journey. The comment above i think i already mentioned in the first step, that we already have some initial positive test outcomes on the advertising fee-based profit model.

I think you made some points that the advertising fee itself is not enough to scale the projects fastly, but we reckon it can at least make sure we survive in the future and let us become self-sustainable. For larger expansion, the rough direction is to integrate a token-based economy and use the advertising fee to burn tokens as one of the many ways to restrict inflation. I did not mention that in the proposal since it is very complex to run a tokenomics successfully, so we have to think extremely cautiously before publishing it. Plus, it is something still far away and will create a distraction on the priority in the current stage (traffic and brands).

Fair enough. I agree that the DAO and Foundation should focus on creating fun, playable content. While a well-defined monetization strategy would be ideal, the primary focus should be on exploring what is possible within DCL and pushing the product forward, and I agree that if your progress continues as it has that you will be in as good a position as any grant receiving game to monetize effectively.

1 Like

:+1: thank you for your comment. we will work hard and share everything we learned along the way

We are not asking you to add the repo in the DCL Awesome Repo, just to do your development in public and share the latest version of the scene, which your currently are not.
Itā€™s fine to share code with bugs, it will never be perfect.

Already updated the repo

1 Like

Hi HP @HPrivakos, now that he has finally done it and fulfilled all of your obligations. Will you vote yes on this proposal? :joy:

1 Like

Say what you will about HP, but he votes no consistently and without prejudice. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the ask! But tbh, i would be happy enough as long as HP dont vote no, ā€œyesā€ would be a luxury lol

1 Like

His ā€œupdateā€ is still 4 months old and he still hasnā€™t replied to how much revenue GamiMall made since its launch or first grant (a number, not blabla to say ā€˜not muchā€™).

If since their first 220,000 USD grant they managed to make 3 USD of revenue, then it might not be worth it.

Wow! Okay! I think heā€™s working on his reply! Once this is done! Can he get your support?! Letā€™s change your voting history! Maybe a ā€œYESā€ for once? :joy:

gonna screenshot that for later use, hp :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

With due respect, in terms of updates, we just updated to our recent stable version just as I said, and Iā€™ve asked you twice if there is a document or rule to say we have to keep it updated every time we deploy. But why keep ignoring my questions? This is important since Opensource is a broad concept, some projects keep updating, and some just post their recent stable version. If there is a clear rule in DCL DAO, again please let me know we will follow it, but if there is not a rule, why not just let us do it at our own pace, it totally makes sense to always show the public a relatively stable version anyway, some ppl donā€™t know how to fix the bugs, they just want something to use. And I mentioned DCL awesome repo because I think itā€™s a standard or at least a good reference that we should learn, not because we are in the awesome repo.

As for the revenue part I already mentioned

Does it really matter to you whether itā€™s 3 thousand or 5 thousand? Okay if you really want that, Iā€™m open to sharing the revenue(not profits),

before officially launching(around 13 months)- basically no.
After the official launch (around 6 months)

1. around 1k USD due to the MetaMine Season 1 event
  2. Around 3k USD due to MetaMine Season 2 event
  3. More revenue coming due to future MetaMine Seasons, the amount depends on how many brands we can onboard to DCL and how much we can charge them.

I know this is nothing for the time we spent, but we can see the trend that we are doing better and better even though its the second priority. Based on our traffic and our experience, as long as we keep developing and expanding our experience, I think itā€™s very possible that we can at least be self-sustainable.

Btw, I ā€œBla Bla Blaā€ since I wanted to explain to you that the priority of our project at the current stage is to onboarded brands to DCL or the traffic. You seem to show less interest on that part, and since you are a person who has a huge influence on others, I think I need to explain properly. Hope you understand Iā€™m not trying to run around with your question.

1 Like