[DAO:150bbe4] Resolve DCL Names to Web2 DNS "DCL.gg" so every Name Holder Can Build A Website

by 0x0c678c84cc5744f2a5b368ce2aeab3905624ff99 (BitcoinETF)

Biggest problem in blockchain, web3 & metaverse naming standards is that they don’t resolve to web2 dns easily.

Box domains (https://my.box/) announced world’s first blockchain native, DNS routable domains. Each name costs $120 to register & $120 to renew yearly.

Decentraland Foundation owns the web2 domain name DCL.gg so I am wondering if our foundation team can work collaboratively with DAO for Decentraland name owners & holders to build Web2 websites.

DCL.gg is such a good Top Level Domain (TLD) because it means “Good Game” and every gamer knows this gamer tag. Users who own DCL names should get name rights for publishing on DCL.gg

For example a user owns the name Batman.dcl.eth therefore he/she should be entitled to Batman.dcl.gg so he/she can build a nice Web2 Website.

Even ENS has DNS import feature and through their latest dao proposal they’re looking to make the DNSSEC a gasless transaction.

Please share your thoughts.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I do not think it is convenient because perhaps DCL.gg can be used better in the future. On the other hand, it would be an increase in value to allow users who have purchased NAME to host websites, so I vote no. for the reason I mentioned but it doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me.

Absolute waste of time of the Foundation, if you want to do a website, use a website service.

Resolve DCL Names to Web2 DNS “DCL.gg” so every Name Holder Can Build A Website

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 6% 192,482 VP (70 votes)
  • No 93% 2,570,455 VP (29 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 15,702 VP (2 votes)

Resolve DCL Names to Web2 DNS “DCL.gg” so every Name Holder Can Build A Website

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)