by 0x338ad1918362025f34b3701dac1e9648e8e8268f (Gaz)
All of the submissions are in and it is time to judge!
Create and publish an Emote based on the theme of ‘Community’. Think about the ways people interact with each other in Decentraland, what it means to be part of an online community, and how you represent your digital identity in a virtual landscape.
The prize is 1500 MANA for the Community Choice Award!
Fluidity, Movement Quality of Emote
WOW & FUN Factor
Represents the theme of “Community”
In this particular poll, VP is not counted, each person will get one vote.
Read the blog for full details: All About Emotes: A Month of Exploration, Empowerment, and Experimentation
STR DAN EP dance02 by Rhoo
KJ Strong by Canessa
Legendarios by Vvcryptos
Chip Exploit by ZESTYMINT
Sway This Way by AwedJob x Tangpoko
Sway That Way by AwedJob x Tangpoko
TRAX x Salsa Fuego by CJTRAX
On the Edge by DOCTORdripp
Hodling Hands in Decentraland by DOCTORdripp
Huddle Up by Emm
Wake up by AleR3ds
Pole Spinner by Awedjob
Chatty Chat by Awedjob
Sweep The Floor by Awedjob
Joint Emote by SteveSaiko
Flamenco Dance by KJWalker
Fusion Dance by Tianxx
Head Holder Dance by Eibriel
Giant Community by Temple Game
Macarena by COCOBAY
Pixels to Passion - Part I by srJH
Pixels to Passion - Part II by Hayabusa
- STR DAN EP dance02 by Rhoo
- KJ Strong by Canessa
- Legendarios by Vvcryptos
- Chip Exploit by ZESTYMINT
- Sway This Way by AwedJob x Tang
- Sway That Way by AwedJob x Tang
- TRAX x Salsa Fuego by CJTRAX
- On the Edge by DOCTORdripp
- Hodling Hands in Decentraland by DOCTORdripp
- Huddle Up by Emm
- Wake up by AleR3ds
- Pole Spinner by AwedJob
- Chatty Chat by AwedJob
- Sweep The Floor by AwedJob
- Joint Emote by SteveSaiko
- Flamenco Dance by KJWalker
- Fusion Dance by Tianxx
- Head Holder Dance by Eibriel
- Giant Community by Temple Game
- Macarena by COCOBAY
- Pixels to Passion - Part I by srJH
- Pixels to Passion - Part II by Hayabusa
- Invalid question/options
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO
View this proposal on Snapshot
What an easy way to make 1500 MANA, so simple to game this kind of vote.
I imagine whoever Jason and his admitted 100+ alt wallets like best will win.
There is the part about actually creating, submitting, and gaining approval for an emote. Will you contend that collectible creators have an “easy” time at making money there as well?
He just meant that one dishonest person can easily rig this vote since there are very few checks, if any, in place to account for botting. He wasn’t intending any disrespect to the actual act of creating the content. At least, that’s how I read it.
I appreciate your clarification. Thank you.
Perhaps setting up a “Proof of Humanity” or Decentralized ID (DID) might mitigate such exploits.
Thank u all for your support <3
The marcarena is perhaps one of the most iconic dances of all times so it has my vote.
I believe this round of emote contest was heavily subsidized by the foundation ($120 out of the $150 fee paid for by foundation) and to have the creator put it up for free for anyone to get is an icy on top of the cake.
So many creators make emotes and never make money after giveaways and fees. It would have been nice to see the POT a little higher and split amongst a few. The majority of the creators listed are regular contributors and this is the type of small “wearable creator” that I would agree to keep grant funding open to in addition to platform improvement.
Thank you for your kind words, @3Point1Four. I’m the CEO of COCOBAY.
Offering the Macarena emote for free, with a supply of 100,000, was definitely intentional.
This is our first emote in Decentraland, and we are deeply aligned with the contest’s mission: to make communities accessible.
“La Macarena” holds a special significance for us, as this song has united Spanish-speaking communities. We aim to have everyone in Decentraland dancing to the rhythm of the Latino community, as we have these roots
At least you said something correct birdie
You wish you had the confidence to kiss a man.
I can write all kinds of factually accurate things.
I wish you had the confidence to be a man, but that takes ballz.
i love steves creativity. The emote is funny, i dont smoke but you made me want to, so I get to now in dcl! and also Overall, love your light hearted nature/presence and music too ! Good luck @SteveSaiko
Thank you so much Serena !!
Vote for the All About Emotes Contest '23 Community Choice Award
This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.
- Str dan ep dance02 by rhoo 1% 1,124 VP (10 votes)
- Kj strong by canessa 14% 1,635,418 VP (15 votes)
- Legendarios by vvcryptos 1% 1,862 VP (6 votes)
- Chip exploit by zestymint 1% 5,275 VP (5 votes)
- Sway this way by awedjob x tang 1% 1 VP (1 votes)
- Sway that way by awedjob x tang 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
- Trax x salsa fuego by cjtrax 7% 859,605 VP (12 votes)
- On the edge by doctordripp 1% 6 VP (3 votes)
- Hodling hands in decentraland by doctordripp 5% 585,693 VP (2 votes)
- Huddle up by emm 4% 509,549 VP (7 votes)
- Wake up by aler3ds 1% 218 VP (1 votes)
- Pole spinner by awedjob 9% 1,025,994 VP (14 votes)
- Chatty chat by awedjob 1% 14,483 VP (2 votes)
- Sweep the floor by awedjob 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
- Joint emote by stevesaiko 16% 1,798,804 VP (20 votes)
- Flamenco dance by kjwalker 12% 1,335,727 VP (11 votes)
- Fusion dance by tianxx 0% 0 VP (1 votes)
- Head holder dance by eibriel 1% 4,468 VP (5 votes)
- Giant community by temple game 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
- Macarena by cocobay 13% 1,884,703 VP (17 votes)
- Pixels to passion - part i by srjh 7% 798,610 VP (11 votes)
- Pixels to passion - part ii by hayabusa 1% 1,626 VP (5 votes)
- Invalid question/options 4% 504,096 VP (4 votes)
Vote for the All About Emotes Contest '23 Community Choice Award
This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)
… well, I guess I should have submitted my old emote from before the DCL emote contest was announced … or just commissioned a collab, or whatever. I guess me trying to do an emote on my own with the thought that that was the goal here:
“Especially you, first-time creators! Use the opportunity of All About Emotes to make your first ever Emote with the help of the workshops, Q&A’s, and other helpful resources brought together for this event. Everyone is rooting for you, so give it your best shot!”
It is pretty dishearten knowing I tried so hard to make an emote on my own (with help, I asked some people some questions, etc) … and I could have collab’d or just paid someone, lol … or submitted an emote I had already done to get a discount now? (where was this info?)