[DAO:0266c20] LAND Pool (DAO + LAND Owners)

by 0x5b5cc427c1d81db4f94de4d51d85ce122d63e244 (Fehz)

Should the DAO consider establishing a LAND pool composed by DAO-owned LANDs, and offer LAND owners the option to contribute their LANDs to this shared pool for leasing to grant recipients?

This Pre-Proposal Poll has been submitted acknowledging the approval of Should the DAO lease the LANDs they own to grantees that might need them? looking towards the build of a more comprehensive policy.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

We should probably find how to use the DAO lands first before opening the pool to lands owners?

Definitely.

But exploring this beforehand will give us the time and possibility to scale it up it in the future with those considerations.

I see this as a way to bring in some funds and with community land contribution put unused land to use and stop the DAO from purchasing land.

That has already been done :wink:

Yes. But I agree with HP, and I concur with your answer Fehz.

I’ve been actively trying to get people to build on my lands for free, because at least that takes away the blocker of anyone who wants to build but doesn’t have access to land. At one point I had all my land being built on by others for free. I would love to see some BIG land holders do the same. So letting land owners add their unused lands to this pool seems like a good way to connect builders who have the funds behind their project to access the land they need. :facepunch:

3 Likes

Thank you, Canessa, I really wanted to hear from a land owner on how purchased land can help creators and others trying to enter the space without DAO funds. I am a huge supporter of a little “leg up” could/would/might help in some growth in DCL. I love this and I have been very hesitant to purchase land because I don’t have the building skills, but I would 100% buy land if it would support someone who could grow and advance on that space.
Edit: Always and forever for free!

1 Like

LAND Pool (DAO + LAND Owners)

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 98% 6,204,275 VP (77 votes)
  • No 1% 503 VP (1 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 1,498 VP (14 votes)

LAND Pool (DAO + LAND Owners)

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)