Community Wearables: Stage 2 opens

How to get involved

Creators can be individuals, teams, or brands. All you have to do is present your concept art and submit it through Agora for judging by the Decentraland community. Here’s how it works:

A. In order to fill out a proposal please go to the “Community Wearables” category and create a new topic. When creating this topic, you will be guided to complete the following template:

1. Description of the Collection
Please provide the name and description of the collection, giving a brief description about the concept and inspiration of the collection and each of the 6 (six) wearables.

2. Design Concepts
Please provide design concepts for each of the wearables that will be included in your collection, adding the category of each wearable (upper_body, hat, etc …). If you are not able to provide any design concept yet, please provide references that are close to the final design.

3. Team
Please provide a clear description of the composition of your team, past work portfolio, and 3D designers involved. If you are working with an external contrator, please specify their portfolio.

4. Purpose
Please provide a brief outline of what you plan to do with the wearables. Will they be sold or will they be gifted as a reward of a game or experience?

B. Voting phase: The Decentraland Foundation will create an Agora poll, outlining all proposals on September 1. Individuals in the community can only support one proposal per account. The poll will run until September 4, when the 10 projects with the most votes will be announced as license recipients

C. Development: Creatives who were chosen by the community begin production on their proposed wearables

D. Technical validation: A committee of experts validates that wearables are compliant with all the Decentraland platform requirements

E. Minting: After passing technical validation, the Decentraland Foundation will be the responsible party for creating the NFT contracts and giving the corresponding permissions to creators for minting the wearables

Important: Proposals can be submitted until August 31

2020-08-31T03:00:00Z

What to create

You should submit concept art or references of a set of six Legendary wearables :

• The full outfit (female/male/unisex) consists of six pieces:
    • (1) Hat
    • (1) Upper-body
    • (1) Lower-body
    • (1) Feet
    • (2) Other accessories:
      • Mask : Replace helmet, tiara, eye_wear, and override facial_hair
      • Eyewear : Replace helmet and mask
      • Earring : Replace helmet
      • Tiara : Replace mask and helmet
      • Top_head : To give you an idea, this accessory can be a halo

Tips and guidance along the way

The five teams from Stage 1 will be on hand to mentor the 10 creators in the development and production of their wearables. As an incentive, the mentor teams will be awarded one Mythic license each. The Decentraland Foundation will create an open Discord channel where creators can ask questions, express concerns, etc. to solve any technical challenges they face. The Foundation team will also provide extra help in the channel if it is needed.

Get crazy :crown:!

Just as with Stage 1, the final designs from this second stage will be showcased at a fashion event in Decentraland.

14 Likes

Are new proposals still being accepted?

1 Like

Hello I hope I can get this clarified here without being a bother.
I feel like at one point in time in docs.decentraland.org there was a vision to integrate NFTs in the game as a wearable for your avatar. I can’t seem to be able to quote it anymore which has me wonder if I made it up, if its unrealistically difficult, or if there is 0 interest in making that a reality. Where does this project stand on the idea of having tokenized wearables and furniture for example? Maybe more specifically being self made glTFs and host them off the IPFS.

I’m confused with what your saying, Decentraland already has NFT based wearables in game right now!! Check out opensea https://opensea.io/assets/decentraland-wearables to cop your own or wait till another big event for free wearables, infact the polygon integration means its now incredibly cheap to transfer new wearables!

Hello, are we still able to participate in development of wearables at this time?

epiiic! love how easy you gusy make this I can’t wait to do one too. thanks again

2 Likes

any way i can get help with my wearable. The member looking over my wearable hasnt been active so my wearble has been under review for months now. this is getting old