Proposal: Self-Service Advertising Platform for Decentraland

Proposal: Self-Service Advertising Platform for Decentraland

Motivation:

In the dynamic world of Decentraland, there’s a growing demand for innovative advertising solutions. A self-service advertising platform would empower landowners with new revenue opportunities and offer advertisers targeted ways to reach their audience. This balance of monetization and user experience is key to enhancing the ecosystem for all.

Background:

Self-service advertising platforms have transformed advertising in digital spaces, making them more accessible and efficient. For Decentraland, this means adapting these models to a blockchain-based environment, considering the unique user engagement and integration challenges. By incorporating community feedback, we can develop a platform that supports Decentraland’s growth and user satisfaction.

Use Cases:

• Landowner Laura utilizes the platform for promoting her virtual gallery to art enthusiasts.
  • Event Organizer Owen advertises his virtual concert across Decentraland to boost attendance.
  • Creator Charlie markets his custom wearables directly to potential buyers within the platform.
  • Advertising Network Nate collaborates with landowners for brand campaigns, optimizing exposure across Decentraland.

User Stories:

• As a landowner, I want to manage advertisements efficiently to improve visibility and revenue.
  • As an advertiser, I aim to reach my target audience through targeted ads based on location and interests within Decentraland.
  • As a visitor, I expect to encounter relevant advertisements that enhance my Decentraland experience.
  • As an advertising brand, I want to launch comprehensive campaigns to engage a wide audience and boost brand awareness in Decentraland.

Feedback Request:

To refine this proposal and ensure it aligns with community needs, your feedback is essential. Landowners, share your perspectives here. Citizens, let us know how this platform could improve your Decentraland adventures here. For a comprehensive overview of this initiative, revisit the Town Hall presentation here.

Thank you for reading our proposal for a self-service advertising platform in Decentraland. We welcome your feedback and discussion on this topic. Please share your thoughts and suggestions here in this thread. For further discussion, you can also join us on Discord in the Decentraland DAO channel.

2 Likes

I have used ad tech from this group for awhile. It is easy to deploy and to use. Exciting that they would make this opensource available to our community, and to route revenue to the landowner and the DAO. And they look to build a large stream of inbound ads from advertising networks.

2 Likes

Carl, thank you very much for your kind words about our work. It’s really pleasing to hear that you like how easy it is to use our advertising tools and that we make them open for everyone. Your support means a lot to us. Thank you!

1 Like

This is an interesting proposal, love to see more comments on this one!

2 Likes

Hello @MetaDogeisme, I am pleased to see your interest in the proposal. As a prominent member of the community and a landowner, your insights into how a self-service advertising platform could impact Decentraland would be valuable.
What are the pros and cons you see in implementing such a platform? Your perspective could be instrumental in shaping this to benefit everyone in Decentraland.
I am eager to hear your thoughts on this initiative. I look forward to hearing from you!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t decentraland have it’s own advertising platform in-game?

1 Like

We have used the MetaAds platform to power the billboard next to the WonderMine game. It’s a full featured platform for deploying in-game ad apaces and managing advertising content and campaigns, and pretty easy to use. It’s a very useful tool for landowners and businesses.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience with the MetaAds platform! It is great to hear that this tool has been useful for landowners and businesses, particularly in high-traffic areas such as WonderMine. :handshake:

1 Like

@BET An open-source advertising platform in Decentraland has the potential to revolutionise the game. Roblox’s switch to self-service ads was successful, and a similar level of flexibility could be achieved here. This would allow users to adjust their ad space while maintaining a positive user experience. What is your opinion on using open-source for advertising? It could be a significant benefit for both landowners and the overall atmosphere of Decentraland.

Hi, we have used this platform in our projects. It’s easy to set up and fairly stable. We recommend everyone to try working with it. By the way, there are cool 3D heatmaps available there.

External Image

Good luck guys!

2 Likes

Thank you, we have been and will continue to be happy to work with your team!