Open Call for Delegates / Apply now!

Address or ENS name:
0x76fb13f00CdbdD5eAC8E2664CF14be791aF87cb0
MetaMat.eth

Short Bio (280 characters max):
Currently serve as the DCL DAO Facilitator, and in the process of launching Sanctuary DAO, a Conscious DAO-Building DAO for Stewardship of Organizations that are committed to and will build more preferable futures. Recently co-designed Big Green DAO and am operationalizing Big Green DAO a first of its kinda giving DAO that aims to democratize and decentralize philantropy. Currently a Future Studies PhD Candidate, researching Democratic and Decentralized Futures.

(A very brief description about yourself, e.g. a twitter bio)
Future Studies PhD | Political Scientist | DAO Builder - Researching Democratic & Decentralized Futures.@DecentralandDAO Facilitator. @BigGreenDAO Director

Relevant links:

https://twitter.com/MetaMatimio

My relevant skills (comma-separated values or tags):

Anticipatory Governance Design, DAO Design, Governance Facilitation, Monitoring and Evaluation, OSINT

My involvement with Decentraland:
Currently DAO Facilitator & Member of Last Slice Collective

(How long have you been involved? How did you contribute?)
1 year. Do my best to facilitate governance and help community members express their interests as policy, and the DAO committee respond to and implement this policy to the best of our abilities.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
Increase voter participation in the DAO, increase my ability to bring voting power to important community interests to make sure our voice is heard to the fullest extent possible. We are the future of the DAO and our DAO will only be successful to the extent that we participate in it, and take a stewardship role over its continued growth. I am committed to the success of our social experiment and foresee myself being an very longstanding member of the DCL DAO and broader DCL Community.

(What kind of changes do you want to promote in the DAO? What’s important to you?)
Make our governance structures as robust, representative and sustainable over the long term as possible. There is no one specific policy I want to see changed, rather I am committed to our policies as a whole circulate and regulate power in a way that prevents over centralization to the extent that our mission is diluted and hyper-decentralization to the extent that we are not able to get anything done.

My 5-year vision for Decentraland:
Active and engaged DAO community, with functional and battled tested governance structures capable of responding to changing circumstances and dynamics in the Metaverse and IRL as the web3, NFT and metaverse spheres expand and increasingly take on mainstream adoption.

(What do you want to see? What is the role of the DAO in it?)
It is front and center in this vision =).

What do you think is the most important issue in Decentraland?
Governance =).

(What challenges will we face in the next 12 to 24 months?)
Growth. Competition. Competing interests and the need to develop structures that are both flexible and agile, yet secure and able to provide a foundation for stable governance of our metaverse world.

8 Likes