Open Call for Delegates / Apply now!

Address or ENS name:
specimenxiii.eth

Short Bio:
I’m XIII and I’ve been fortunate enough to find DCL and have it become part of my life. I’ve been designing parkour courses and learning how to implement new features using SDK. Can find me gainfully making lasting friendships with forward-thinking community members around DCL!

Relevant links:
twitter
XIII#1328 (Discord)
instagram
https://xiii.dcl.eth
specimenxiii.eth

My relevant skills (comma-separated values or tags):

Community Management
Scene Builder
Parkour Course Creator
Web3 Marketing
Learning SDK
DCL Inhabitant
Insight

My involvement with Decentraland:

I’ve been having a blast all around Decentraland attending events and creating lasting relationships with the various denizens of Decentraland. DCL has truly become a part of my everyday life, whether that’s creating new and challenging parkour courses for various brands around the space or taking a look at the new proposals and questions in the forums. I’ve even begun reading posts long forgotten to catch up on the history of the DAO and learning about my fellow members of the space.

It’s an honor to even be considered for receiving a delegation and would humbly serve the DAO with however much were to be presented. I aim to serve the community and fairly using the VP that would potentially delegated.

I think it’s been since Dec of '21 or maybe a little before, but I’ve sort of touched upon a little of how I have been involved, but my involvement continues to expand through various means in and out of Decentraland. I’ve met some wonderful people and have actively been bring more members to the space.

I shall continue to onboard new creators that I come in contact with all the knowledge I’ve amassed along my short, but fulfilling journey.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

I was actually reading a post that @yemel had commented on and there a link to this post was. I had seen it a few times when logging on, but hadn’t had the courage to make a post until reading that comment.

So thank you @yemel for your words, as they spoke volumes to me.

There’s nothing specifically that I wish to change, but what I want is more to the point of a voice within this community that I’ve become so enamored by. The success of the DAO is dependent upon the activity of it’s participants and only thrives properly with continued growth. I suppose that’s my goal in this matter, the continued and sustainable growth of Decentraland.

My 5-year vision for Decentraland:
With Decentraland being the top tier Metaverse at this time, I see it being growing exponentially in the coming months and years as we see VR coming to the forefront. The immersion will increase and therefore the amount of time spent within the world. I see more content being presented to the community and more of a cohesive society full of events and ways for the inhabitants to interact with one another.

I see content being ever-increasingly important and believe we should do what we can to provide that content. I think it important that the DAO oversees the functionality of providing that future.

What do you think is the most important issue in Decentraland?

I think that there are two issues currently plaguing Decentralnd at the moment and will continue to be issues until they are no longer such. Governance and Content, the growth of the platform depends upon both. It all starts with the DAO and the voices that give it power.

Thank you for your consideration,

@XIII

4 Likes