[DAO: QmZZx6p] Video Tutorials To Help Beginners Model/Upload Wearables on Decentraland!

by 0x59c0a6f97ecba25ca7b404815e5ca0cd99e642ba

Should the following Tier 2: a one-time payment of $1500 - $3000 USD in MANA grant in the Community category be approved?

Abstract

I plan on releasing a series of Youtube videos to encourage beginners/novice modelers to create and upload wearables to Decentraland.

Grant size

2,500 USD

Beneficiary address

0x59c0a6F97EcbA25CA7b404815E5CA0CD99E642bA

Description

Decentraland is filled with many creatives of all skill levels from around the world! Currently, there are few guides that walk beginner content creators through a step-by-step process of how to model/upload/market their own wearables. I aim for my videos to help those new to 3D modeling mint their own wearables.

Specification

On Youtube I will launch a series of videos detailing the steps to modeling/uploading/marketing your own wearable. There will be a total of 6 videos to breakdown the process (2 videos per wearable modeled.) Example: Video 1 (Part 1) will detail the modeling of a wearable whilst Video 1 (Part 2) will detail the uploading/marketing of said wearable. I plan on modeling a shirt, a pair of pants, and will let viewers vote to decide the last item to be modeled. I will also give away 150 MANA at the end of each Part 2 video for viewers to put towards content creation or the purchase of wearables from the market. I will use Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing, Blender for modeling, and Adobe Photoshop for texturing.

Personnel

I will be the sole creator of this project. I am a content creator proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite. I have directed/edited/produced short videos and podcasts for freelance work as well as for personal projects. In addition to working as a graphic designer, I currently create 3D garments in Blender for local streetwear brands.

Here is a link to my HEN page: https://www.hicetnunc.xyz/tz/tz1QtcA4MvmCSLJ7DdvHzXEq2sm2bEC37xdG/creations

Here is a link to my Instagram portfolio:

Here is a link to 3D work I have done for a recent client: https://www.instagram.com/prelude_us/

Roadmap and milestones

August 20th: Video 1 (Part 1 - Model)
August 23rd: Video 1 (Part 2 - Mint/Market)
August 23rd: Upload 1st Wearable (T-Shirt)
August 23rd: Giveaway 150 MANA

August 27th: Video 2 (Part 1 - Model)
August 30th: Video 2 (Part 2 - Mint/Market)
August 30th: Upload 2nd Wearable (Pants)
August 30th: Giveaway 150 MANA

September 4th: Video 3 (Part 1 - Model)
September 7th: Video 3 (Part 2 - Mint/Market)
September 7th: Upload 3rd Wearable (TBD)
September 7th: Giveaway 150 MANA

To show progress I plan on sharing the video links to the community and welcome feedback!!!

MANA Breakdown:
450 - Given Away Via Youtube
1500 - Used to demonstrate minting process for 3 wearables
500 - Cushion for any mistakes made!
50 - To spend in Decentraland market on video

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Have you already published any wearables?

1 Like

I would also like to see you publish a set of wearaables before the dao commits to a grant.

I am very perplexed by almost 1mil VP voting yes on a creator who is yet to show us what they are capable of?

Agreed 100%.

@HirotoKai recently published a similar proposal, is asking for less, and is a well-rounded creator. I hate to put it this way, but in comparison this feels too much like a paid experiment.