[DAO: QmcxctG] Dedicated video training channel about everything Decentraland

by 0xe0366d205a1645e128552802a5f4189b32c8f4ac (NFT#f4ac)

Should the following Tier 1: up to $1,500 USD in MANA, one-time payment grant in the Content Creator category be approved?

Abstract

There is currently no place where there are updated videos about relevant training, guides, tips, reviews, building assets etc. There are a lot of good videos but there are on many different channels.

I want to create a Decentraland dedicated youtube channel that answers community-related topics and questions, new features guides, and detailed training about building assets with Blender and building scenes.

This will allow many more people to get into asset building and make a living in the Metaverse of Decentrland

Grant size

1,500 USD

Beneficiary address

0xE0366d205A1645E128552802A5f4189B32C8f4Ac

Description

I believe that everybody should have the ability to create high-quality original assets for use in Decentrland. The first videos will be on this topic.

I want to create an initial videos series of 6 videos that will cover high-quality asset creation for Decentrland using Blender(a rendering tool) and some shorter form content that answers questions about decentrland.

I will share all the assets created along the way and set up a discord community to answer questions

I will also create a few shorter videos to highlight some important events, fun games or answer some questions

Specification

I will be releasing one long video per week and one short video over the weekend.
My objective will be to make the videos interesting with the best use of your time.
✘ Here is my channel about automation - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8hduN7MEQkFRbPafcY-Gaw
✘ Here is my channel about NFT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7VULtk93hQL9TVFsR4nSBg
✘ Here is a sample video I made about Decentrland - Decentrland explained in 1 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67paP3gSV3Y
I use DaVinci resolve for my videos and different video and audio libraries for b roll.

I

Personnel

Here is where you can find me SOCIALLY:
✘ IG: https://www.instagram.com/greg_wit/
✘ Linkedin: Gregor Maric | LinkedIn
✘ Twitter: https://twitter.com/GregorMaric

Roadmap and milestones

Video Publishing Calendar
-Start- Jan 3 2022

Week 1 Video:
Getting Started with Blender
Objective: Understand how to use Blender
Result: Create simple wearable eg glasses
+Short video topic tbd

Week2 Video:
Building for Decentrland
Objective: Understand how to create for Decentrland
Result: Create a costume
+Short video topic tbd

Week3 Video:
Creating Scenes
Objective: Learn how to create scenes
Result: Create a game for Decentrland
+Short video topic tbd

The remaining videos will be determined by the community feedback
I will be uploading the video

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I like the stance of the proposal, I also believe it should be as easy as possible for new users to become creators and we should provide as many tools as possible, but there are already quite a few videos available for asset creation and there is a plethora of videos around youtube about blender usage in general.

Here, I’ll list a few channels with what content we currently have available:

• DCL Tutorial Channel: official channel that has hours upon hours of learning material covering all bases of developing in DCL
  • Katherine Joelle Walker: community creator with a couple videos on creating and optimizing wearables
  • SWISSVERSE: some videos on Builder creation and wearables, but mostly opinion pieces
  • Polygonal Mind: some quick tutorials on art/wearable creation process (a to z in about 3 mins)
  • Peanutbutta: a kind of metaverse tourist, also has some tutorials

That’s just the DCL specific stuff, as for Blender focused content there are many channels built around using the tool that users can easily find and apply to DCL.

With that being said, there definitely are gaps in content that should be addressed. The two biggest I can see are:

• Wearable acceptance standards: while there is content on how to make wearables, there isn’t a lot of content on what constitutes a wearable of acceptable quality. Current media does not include item limitations or what will aid/harm the wearable’s proposal. This information could be extremely useful to users looking to submit their items, as this is a process they will need to participate in for their items to be included in DCL.
  • SDK coverage: we need more content based around the construction of complex projects anchored in the SDK. We have a lot of coverage for the Builder, but that’s an easy buy-in with regards to skill and if you need to create a complex scene you’ll want to use the SDK. Users with little to no programming experience will have a hard time getting into the SDK if they are trying to lean on youtube for tutorial content.

Covering wearable acceptance standards would likely only be a single video, but you could easily create a series of multi-video tutorials covering SDK usage to create a variety of games (starting small simple and aiming at more complex projects).

Dedicated video training channel about everything Decentraland

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 2,103 VP (6 votes)
  • No 31% 318,966 VP (12 votes)