[DAO: QmYwoTi] Indie Village: National Independent Venue Association (NIVA)

by 0xdcdc472630a06ac647d17e793c22fd46c9153505 (wdbjr#3505)

Should the following Tier 6: up to $240,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Community category be approved?

Abstract

Anchored by live music venues (replicas of iconic real-world venues), Indie Village will include over a dozen music venues, art galleries, booksellers, social clubs and other retail and entertainment. Indie Village will be one of the first 24/7 active neighborhoods in Decentraland with nightly live music performances.

Key relationship with the founder of NIVA Rev. Moose. NIVA (https://www.nivassoc.org/) will use its huge influence to promote Decentraland, and along with its member venues and supportive artists, bring new fans to Decentraland from around the globe.

Please see the attached presentation for greater detail on the project:

Grant size

240,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0xDcDC472630A06AC647D17e793c22FD46C9153505

Description

Indie Village will grow to become a key metaverse destination - a source of constant action for the Decentraland community. The race is on between the various metaverse projects to attract and engage new users. With NIVA’s vocal and PR support for the project and for their member venues entrance into Decentraland, Indie Village’s existence will be broadcast to a host of entirely new users / fans.

Specification

Please see the attached presentation for greater detail on the project including NIVA history, key people / organizations, representative work and Indie Village masterplan mock ups.

Personnel

My background is real estate, finance and entrepreneurial and I will be the master developer with relationships in the music, art and retail & apparel community in NYC. I plan on engaging the Decentraland developer, design and tech community to bring the project to life.

Please see the attached presentation for greater detail on the project including NIVA history, key people / organizations, representative work and Indie Village masterplan mock ups.

Community members interested in participating / submitting ideas - all ideas are welcome. Please email me: bill@md-indievillage.com

Roadmap and milestones

Key date set for the world famous music festival SXSW (South by Southwest) in Austin Texas set for Mar 11-20, 2022, for a headliner act NIVA benefit performance in Indie Village.

Will provide regular updates to the community.

Please see the attached presentation for greater detail on benchmarks set for the project.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Indie Village: National Independent Venue Association (NIVA)

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)

View Vesting

View Transaction